News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Somebody needs to discuss with a Garrett about how to pack his **** and leave. He is staying until told otherwise. Jerry needs to man up and tell him to go.
don't really care what's going on behind the scenes. you can read whatever you want to in that. if they're bringing in someone like mcarthy then garrett is gone. period.

the sideshow bob crap i just don't dig into.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
McCarthy has a lot of things going for him.

He drafted and developed Aaron Rodgers and a whole slew of other players on both sides of the ball. The Packers were built through the draft for the most part.

He is a WCO guy that suits Dak and Zeke's strengths with the intermediate passing game and utilizing RB with the pass much much better than the Coryell crap we've been dealing with.

He is an offensive expert that can help strategically and tactically on that side of the ball.

What I do not like what he does is his OL technique. I want our guys going back to trying to pancake guys and McCarthy's guys were always more finesse.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barf barf barf, he doesn't have Aaron rodgers to make him look good
Im not saying McCarthy is the right guy maybe or maybe not - but in fairness most coaches that win have high quality QBs. This isn’t just a Mike McCarthy thing

superonyx

Reaction score

He drafted and developed Aaron Rodgers and a whole slew of other players on both sides of the ball. The Packers were built through the draft for the most part.

He is a WCO guy that suits Dak and Zeke's strengths with the intermediate passing game and utilizing RB with the pass much much better than the Coryell crap we've been dealing with.

He is an offensive expert that can help strategically and tactically on that side of the ball.

What I do not like what he does is his OL technique. I want our guys going back to trying to pancake guys and McCarthy's guys were always more finesse.
I’m Pretty certain that Ted Thompson drafted Rodgers.

if we are crediting coaches with drafts then Jason Garret needs an extention.

KB1122

Reaction score
In 100 years of NFL football, exactly 1 coach has won a championship with each of two teams.

I'd take that chance with Belichick. But Mike McCarthy isn't going to be the second.

KB1122

Reaction score
On a more specific note, I'm not sure McCarthy got as much as he should have during the Aaron Rodgers prime. I don't think he did, tbh.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m curious to see who the other candidates will be. I like McCarthy but like someone else said history isn’t on his side to bring back a championship here

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We are far from winning a super bowl. We need new ideas and systems. We need to rid the team of knuckleheads and social media divas. The next coach has some pieces to work with here in Dallas, but anyone who thinks this team is close to competing is fooling themselves. What we have is a vastly overrated roster.
So your move is to continue on our 10-25 year progression towards our goal?

Sorry. I strongly disagree. Plenty of experts besides me:) have said we have more than enough pieces.

Good coach= #6

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I’m curious to see who the other candidates will be. I like McCarthy but like someone else said history isn’t on his side to bring back a championship here
I'm going to guess and say Ruehle, Roman (I hope) and Meyer

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is accurate, although I will go to my grave believing that Mike Holmgren would have done it if not for one of the worst officiating hatchet jobs in the history of professional sports in Super Bowl XL in Detroit

Pittsburgh was flat-out given that Super Bowl against Seattle. It still disgusts me to this day
You’re so right about that super bowl and the calls. They made the false start on defense look tame that day with a multitude of crazy bad calls. #stEAlers

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’m Pretty certain that Ted Thompson drafted Rodgers.

if we are crediting coaches with drafts then Jason Garret needs an extention.
Not after the last 3 top picks...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
How uncomfortable must it have been with Jerry showing Marvin and Mike what could be their office if they are the HC. When they get there, there's Jason Garrett sitting at his desk eating a PBJ sandwich with marshmallow fluff?
Lol... marshmallow fluff.

Fmart322

Reaction score
I will say I bet McCarthy feels motivated after all the bad press he received after getting the hook in GB.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I'm with you here. I think McCarthy's style of offense will suit us better than this Coryell offense. Plus he has many years of football experience and knows how to build a winning team.

The hint here is he drafted Aaron Rogers. Then built and entire offense around Rogers.

Many will want to fault him for things he did wrong. But at least he takes the blame himself. Unlike our so-called coach in training who has thrown people under the bus.

clff15701

Reaction score
Wow, pretty eye-opening. I would’ve assumed that Sean Payton had WAY more wins than McCarthy. Still, the thing that worries me is that he’s got Aaron Rogers and only 1 SuperBowl win.

Drew Brees is a HOF qb and they only have one SB. Exact same thing could be said for the saints. Brees is every bit as good a Rogers ever was and is better now.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Whoever the next HC is I'm hoping is in place before the start of free agency..........there's a lot of work to be done this off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.