News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cffl2323

Reaction score
Has there ever been another HC that was fired while his QB is a likely HOFer in their prime?

Seems like a top 5 QB is the best job security a HC could have, and somehow he got fired.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He made the playoffs from 2009-2015......with Andy Dalton.......

I think, or more like hope Zach Taylor drafts Joe Burrow. Time for Dalton to move on.
But I hate the idea of Chase Young going to the Commanders.

However, Bengals could take Young, then the Commanders may trade their pick for a a lot of picks to possibly Miami for Burrow. I rather the Bengals make that trade, but Young still goes to the Commanders.
However, Chase Young basically disappeared in his last 4 games also. Did not make the difference when really needed. Maybe he drops.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Bump.

I don't think it is right for real news getting trumped at the top of the page by what amounts to a Jason Witten appreciation thread.

blueblood70

Reaction score
one has to wonder, how do you set up interviews if the position is not available, OFFICIALLY??

Hers a twist that will get CZ panties in a wad..

Garetts the new ASST GM and will be doing all the interviews..LMAO

get your popcorn ready:popcorn::lmao2:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just heard on ESPN live and source:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...packers-hc-mike-mccarthy-to-meet-with-cowboys

I'm not a big fan, I feel like there are better candidates. It seems like the Cowboys will let Garrett's contract expire without publicly coming out with any news regarding it.

I think there are less concerns with him than some of the other candidates. I know that he had Rodgers as his QB for most of his time as coach, but a 135-82-2 record with nine winning seasons out of 13, three NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl victory, he's shown he can take a team all the way and win it.

Plus, I like what I've read about how he's been approaching his eventual return to the NFL. That's better than grabbing the latest hot name and finding out whether their success was due to coaching on the college level or because of the NFL staff they were on as a coordinator.

McCarthy has a good track record ... in the NFL ... as a head coach. That's more than any other candidate out there will be able to say.

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Lewis had a few very good teams. I think they got screwed in the playoff game against Pittsburgh when it was a blatant late hit on the QB. Dalton, took him out of the game. And no penalty called. SteAlers went on to win.

When the Bengals lost their OC Hugh Jackson and DC Mike Zimmer was when Lewis could not keep them winning.
Still do not want Lewis as HC though.

Lewis' career HC record shows him to be basically a .500 coach regardless of the talent the Bengals did or didn't have.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a fan of McCarthy, BUT whoever comes in here MUST have both the kahunas and the clout to DEMAND from Jerry AUTOCRACY where it concerns the coaching component of the operations.

And first check-off there is, it will have to be someone with a Super Bowl on his resume'.

So, from that standpoint, I'm in.

Give me/us someone who WILL END THIS TYRANNY!!!! And... again, I'm a broken record on this, but so is Troy... get us back to doing what we did when we won something.
Until he loses. Then it might even set us back and give Jerry ammo to double down

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has there ever been another HC that was fired while his QB is a likely HOFer in their prime?

Seems like a top 5 QB is the best job security a HC could have, and somehow he got fired.
He didn’t get fired.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Rapoport reports the organization is interested in Lewis, who served as a special adviser to Herm Edwards and the Arizona State football program during the 2019 season."
Oh boy, maybe that would bring back Herm's Herald. That would like all awesome.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Bump.

I don't think it is right for real news getting trumped at the top of the page by what amounts to a Jason Witten appreciation thread.
But there was that time he ran with his helmet off.

Status
Not open for further replies.