News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is the right hire at the right time.
4 NFCCG and a SB.
Get the right DC and they'll win playoff games sooner rather than later.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Pathetic jerry and family

Marvin Lewis is the classic minority interview that the Cowboys will talk to similar to Dennis Green back in the early 2000s. He won't get the job but I wonder if he would consider being a defensive coordinator. He would be a great get for an offensive minded college coach.

erod

Reaction score
He had Farve and Rodgers. Both ignored his play calls routinely.

What is he?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
"Former Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis is another potential candidate for Dallas. Rapoport reports the organization is interested in Lewis, who served as a special adviser to Herm Edwards and the Arizona State football program during the 2019 season."

Is it April Fools already? That's an old Dan Snyder move there...:facepalm:

Maybe as DC?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Has there ever been another HC that was fired while his QB is a likely HOFer in their prime?

Seems like a top 5 QB is the best job security a HC could have, and somehow he got fired.
If Rodgers was in his prime he wouldn't have been fired.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Pathetic jerry and family

and 3 other teams..so we arent alone in interviewing retreads I mean Washington hired TWO no better then Garetts retreads and Chan Gaily back for Miami as OC..its a trend not something on Jerry..ridiculous you would think so..

BTW all the new hires last year only ONE made the playoffs or even had an above .500 record, theres no actual blueprint..you must interview a lot of candidates..doesnt mean hes hired..

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I am not so sure I am impressed with the little posse of coaches that McCarthy has supposedly in his back pocket: Jim Haslett, Frank Cignetti, Jr. (McAdoo’s quarterbacks coach with the Giants), and Scott McCurley (started with McCarthy fetching coffee).

I like McCarthy. Jim Haslett as DC? No thanks

Valkyr

Reaction score
John Fox no one wants, but what's the difference between he and McCarthy (other than 100 pounds)?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Until he loses. Then it might even set us back and give Jerry ammo to double down

Well, of course, could say that about anyone.

Again, I'm not necessarily a McCarthy fan.

But... right now, today, first objective is to see someone come in here who can conceivably demand sanity, and get Jerry's micromanaging ways out of the coaching mix.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sounds like Marvin Lewis is the Rooney Rule guy. McCarthy is the #1 coach available. His resume speaks for itself.

McCarthy had Aaron Rodgers as his QB and couldn’t even win with him his final two seasons in Green Bay. The Packers have turned it around since his departure. Not really sold on him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.