NFL Officiating Scandal

Kaiser

Reaction score
We finished 12-4 the year we lost to Green Bay at Lambeau but we got "hosed" by the refs in that game too, didn't we?

Actually, Mr Easily Intimidated, if you read my posts I've said since that game it was a bad call but Rodgers would still have brought the Packers back to win at the end. The most recently example is in the links I just posted. I know reading isn't your thing, but its post #54 of this thread -

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/holding-call-stats-confirmed.391218/page-3

FineFan

Reaction score
I used to think that this kind of conduct didn't , couldn't, and wouldn't happen in the NFL. I was wrong and naïve! :thumbdown:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Actually, Mr Easily Intimidated, if you read my posts I've said since that game it was a bad call but Rodgers would still have brought the Packers back to win at the end. The most recently example is in the links I just posted. I know reading isn't your thing, but its post #54 of this thread -

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/holding-call-stats-confirmed.391218/page-3

I don't "subscribe" to anyone's posts so I couldn't care less what you or anyone else posts unless they address me directly like you did in here when my statements addressed to someone else triggered your delicate conspiracy nerve for some reason.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Last night on NFL Live they had a segment reporting from the owners meeting where they discussed the rules changes. During this segment, they said & then reiterated to clarify that the NFL office officiated the Super Bowl under the catch rule that was just passed, not the rule that has been in place for the last however many years (& was still in place). When they went back to the studio, the panelist openly showed shock & disbelief at what they had just heard.

The NFL brass took it upon themselves to unilaterally change how the most important game of the year was officiated without anyone's input or knowledge.

So far, I haven't heard a peep out of the media questioning this.
They can do whatever they want. The NFL is classified as entertainment not sport

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't "subscribe" to anyone's posts so I couldn't care less what you or anyone else posts unless they address me directly like you did in here when my statements addressed to someone else triggered your delicate conspiracy nerve for some reason.

This one is definintely more wimpy than dumb.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Because as Nostradamus said all those years ago, the resistance movement to the world wide conspiracy will begin on a Dallas Cowboys message board. They're waiting for the right moment and preparing us in the meantime. Lol.
:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If the NFL fixes games through officiating, why has the league's biggest cash cow not won jack in 23 seasons?

That is like the WWE deciding that John Cena is going to lose every match for the next 5 years. Why would they do that to their star and cash cow? Makes no sense that the WWE would ever do that.

Likewise, if NFL games are rigged, why would the league let their biggest cash cow (the Dallas Cowboys) go 23 consecutive seasons without even making it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Makes no sense they would do that.

So I have a hard time believing the NFL is rigging games and have a predetermined winner. Do yall seriously think Goodell sits down with a red pen and the schedule and circles all the teams he wants to win that week and then the word is sent out to the different officiating crews to orchestrate this all?

TIN FOIL HAT TERRITORY:muttley:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If the NFL fixes games through officiating, why has the league's biggest cash cow not won jack in 23 seasons?

That is like the WWE deciding that John Cena is going to lose every match for the next 5 years. Why would they do that to their star and cash cow? Makes no sense that the WWE would ever do that.

Likewise, if NFL games are rigged, why would the league let their biggest cash cow (the Dallas Cowboys) go 23 consecutive seasons without even making it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Makes no sense they would do that.

So I have a hard time believing the NFL is rigging games and have a predetermined winner. Do yall seriously think Goodell sits down with a red pen and the schedule and circles all the teams he wants to win that week and then the word is sent out to the different officiating crews to orchestrate this all?

Don't expect an answer. I've asked this very question. Like all other conspiracy theories, it makes absolutely no sense.

It's basically the football equivalent of Dwight Schrute's claims about not needing healthcare due to superior genes. Through concentration, Dwight says he can raise and lower his cholesterol at will. Pam asks why he would ever raise his cholesterol, and Dwight says:

So I can lower it.

Through deliberate scheming, the NFL determines wins and losses for the most profitable team in the league at will. To that I ask, why would they ever have the most profitable team lose?

So they can win again.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Why doesn’t someone just post how another team went through a similar streak of no hold calls? If there were one with an nfl sack leader that would be even better.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Have they been the biggest cash cow despite not going past the 2nd round?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

The refs are run by the league office. The league office probably had some angry with Jerry. Some refs may be influenced by that. Refs are humans,despite what many think, and may harbor bias.

I think that reasonable and possible and I think it’s healthy to question authority.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The refs are run by the league office. The league office probably had some angry with Jerry. Some refs may be influenced by that. Refs are humans,despite what many think, and may harbor bias.

I think that reasonable and possible and I think it’s healthy to question authority.

Ah, there he is; like a fly to a cow pattie, Mr. Conspiracy has joined the fray to regale us with his bulletproof theory.

ESisback

Reaction score

It's not as extremely obvious, but SOMETHING is not quite right, and only someone in denial and/or obsessed with "winning" a debate (or the fan of another team) would so consistently argue against disruption of their safe but naive, black and white view of the world.

As for the notion that the league couldn't possibly negate their cash cow---rubbish, IMO. As long as Dallas contends in the regular season, it's all good. Up until the last year or so, the playoff ratings were fine even without the Cowboys. Besides, the media will often drag Dallas into the conversation whether we're good or not, in several ways: suspension scandals, Jerry's hijinks, or elements of the whole worn out "America's Team" BS that inflames the sizeable army of Dallashaters, good consumers all.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why doesn’t someone just post how another team went through a similar streak of no hold calls? If there were one with an nfl sack leader that would be even better.

LOLOL. That was the question I asked YOU in the link below. So now conspiracy theorists want others to prove their Bigfoot/Aliens/Loch Ness Monster theories for them too? I knew you liked to parrot others' arguments, but now you parrot a question directed AT you asking for some (or any) kind of support for "could be" assertions? Hilarious. This is taking "no original thought" to a whole new level. Hahaha. Dang.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/thi...issed-the-playoffs.394804/page-6#post-7828303

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ah, there he is; like a fly to a cow pattie, Mr. Conspiracy has joined the fray to regale us with his bulletproof theory.

Two questions for you -

1 - Do you know/acknowlege that the change in judgement penalty calls was statistically impossible and it started the week Jerry challenged Goodell's contract?

2 - When baseball players were juicing for years and skinny Centerfielders were suddenly putting up 50 HR seasons, MLB either turned a blind eye or talked about "juiced balls" where the baseballs themselves were different. Do you think that was a conspiracy - or that it was a sport protecting its own next - or do you deny that it ever happened?

TIA.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Two questions for you -

1 - Do you know/acknowlege that the change in judgement penalty calls was statistically impossible and it started the week Jerry challenged Goodell's contract?

No, I do not accept that the judgement penalty calls were "statistically impossible." That's simply your choice of phrasing; I'm not saddled with treating it like a fact.

2 - When baseball players were juicing for years and skinny Centerfielders were suddenly putting up 50 HR seasons, MLB either turned a blind eye or talked about "juiced balls" where the baseballs themselves were different. Do you think that was a conspiracy - or that it was a sport protecting its own next - or do you deny that it ever happened?
TIA.

I think you're conflating a bunch of things and treating it as a whole. I think baseball players were getting juiced up to get a competitive edge and as a result, more lucrative contracts. The league was behind on the science in detecting these drugs for awhile. Players are getting suspended all the time now, including minor leaguers.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The league was behind on the science in detecting these drugs for awhile. Players are getting suspended all the time now, including minor leaguers.

You are dodging the point. Yes, they test now after a major scandal that included Congressional Hearings. How enlightened of them.

When players started juicing it was patently obvioius and a major point of discussion. MLB wasn't "behind on testing", they didn't test at all and actively promoted the spectacle of a skinny LF like Sammy Sosa suddenly chasing the HR record. MLB spent years NOT testing because they were making billions of dollars off of it.

When it was really clear players were juicing, MLB willfully turned a blind eye because they were making money hand over fist. There is no debate about it, it wasn't being "behind on testing". But if Roger Goodell has a HOF Owner challenging his demands of 50 Million per year (plus a private jet) and he isn't going to whisper in the ears of people working for him?

Seriously?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I don't like the ref conspiracy talk when it comes to Dallas because there is no winner and it is crazy to me. Do refs have horrible games and blow calls? Yes. Do I like refs? No. But in at least 3 games last year I was so happy that the other team was getting jobbed and we were getting breaks and I came here to read threads about how the refs are out to get us in the same game and no one could answer to the questions about the calls we were getting.. People will literally place what they want to in any situation to excuse our failures. I think Jerry made the fan base like this. It is what he does with JG yearly....injuries, suspensions, new players, new scheme, new coaches, etc to excuse things. Reality is it is just the team.