Twitter: NFL passing leaders through week 7 (top 5 may surprise some)

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
"Arbitrarily" is inaccurate. The higher that number, the greater the statistical validity. It actually makes the quality of the formula that much better.
Maybe.

But the point is, they did it to try and bring more credence to their goofy formula.

Batch had 17 “action plays” (runs or passes), and 3 kneel downs. After the backlash, they changed it from 20 actual plays, 20 action plays.

He played the entire game.

Why wasnt this “error” seen before the backlash? It took them 4 years to correct it ....

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yikes, I can't imagine using a bulk stat like attempts to say that a player is better than another over something as elaborate as QBR. Thinking Andy Dalton is the best in the league this year? Could not be me.
You are confusing a stat with your personal interpretation of a what a stat means as a representation of "better."

Attempts, an actual stat, can be useful. QBR cannot.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You are confusing a stat with your personal interpretation of a what a stat means as a representation of "better."
Your honest opinion on Prescott?
I'm sure I've read it somewhere at sometime, but I cannot recall.
Thank you in advance.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Your honest opinion on Prescott?
I'm sure I've read it somewhere at sometime, but I cannot recall.
Thank you in advance.

Been very critical of him in the past. Thought perhaps he could prove me wrong earlier this season, but his fairly mixed play since has tempered that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't get too much into the QB ratings, His job as QB is to help his team win games by whatever means. Myself I do see some improvement in his play and I see someone who is attacking more than he has. As for the ints, some of those are on him and he has had some that were not of his doing and a Hail Mary at the end of a game. Right now he is hitting 70% of his passes and 8.9 per completion both are career highs and is 3rd best in the NFL which shows he is not dinking and dunking as his critics love to point out. After the bye he and this team have some hard games coming up and he will have to lead this team and do what ever he must to help them win games, be it with his arm or legs.

Dak is also getting more confident in challenging what he is seeing and fitting the ball into some tight places. Confidence in his receivers as well as familiarity. Cooper helps a lot.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Despite your hate for the formula being proprietary to ESPN, it is a far better measure of a QB's contribution to his team.

If you want to believe a made up stat is so good, then by all means believe it, but seeing how most sites that present stats use the passer rating and not that made up stat I'll go with the one the actual NFL uses.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If you want to believe a made up stat is so good, then by all means believe it, but seeing how most sites that present stats use the passer rating and not that made up stat I'll go with the one the actual NFL uses.

That’s fair. It means Dak is top 10 since he entered the league. Which I think is realistic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

More proof that all QB's need quality Oline play and legitimate weapons to throw to.

Brady lost his starting LT and Center. Brady and that offense simply arent the same. And the receiver by committee thing isnt working so well over there.

I guess Brady needs great players around him. LOL

Dumbest comment ever made on here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is evidence that passing yards is not the true mark of who are really the top QBs of the league. QBR is a far better way to compare QBs.

This is evidence that the Dak trolls are once again wrong an ANOTHER dumb comment.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Au contraire,
How can you forget such in depth stats as, win and your in games!

But yea, QBR was never brought up here until last year. It was widely considered to be a joke when it first appeared years ago.

Now its the gold standard..... lol

Only to idiots is never mattered.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Is there any stat that counts more than winning %? He's at 66% in his career. How about division titles? 2 out of 3 years.

Yes, it's all about team and leading that team and executing the plays and managing the game and being able to create on the run.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

kumizi

Reaction score
If Dak plays like this all year, I am completely comfortable with paying him $35 million. But I want him to do it all year first.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Open forum, boy.
True. But if you don’t like what I post. Ignore it. Especially if you don’t know what I’m saying or insinuating. Basically your lame azz is making insinuations of insinuations. How lame is that?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
More proof that all QB's need quality Oline play and legitimate weapons to throw to.

Brady lost his starting LT and Center. Brady and that offense simply arent the same. And the receiver by committee thing isnt working so well over there.

I guess Brady needs great players around him. LOL

Dumbest comment ever made on here.
Lol

Yet Brady has a whopping 131 yards less than Dak and has lead his team to 7 straight wins. Without his hall of fame TE.

And you're throwing the word idiot around. Lol