NFL Playoff winning formula 10,000 ft view

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Here is Mr. #2 in MVP voting's and the Dallas offenses game against SF in the post season the year before
1 - PUNT - drive took 2:50 - went 14 yards
2 - INTERCEPTION - drive took 1:12 - went 1 yards
3 - TOUCHDOWN - drive took 7:47 - went 74 yards
4 - INTERCEPTION - drive took 2:28 - went 47 yards

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not at all. That is your take on Dak at QB.
I posted Dak and the offenses performance in the first half. What was their excuse? If the defense gets scored on first the offense gives up? Please tell me we all would like to learn about this awesome new way to run an offense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There are a few things teams cannot overcome
1. Terrible QB play
2. Bad defensive line play

The Cowboys have had one or both of these happen during their playoff losses. Definitely both happened in that GB game.
We lost 2 DT's and 2 DE's. We picked none in FA.

We invited 1 DT and 1 DE to our 30 visits.

We clearly do not value stoping the run.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I posted Dak and the offenses performance in the first half. What was their excuse? If the defense gets scored on first the offense gives up? Please tell me we all would like to learn about this awesome new way to run an offense.
Never said they had an excuse.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
We lost 2 DT's and 2 DE's. We picked none in FA.

We invited 1 DT and 1 DE to our 30 visits.

We clearly do not value stoping the run.
Sure, front office bad. Tell me again how stopping the run was going to get the offense from not crapping the bed? I focus on the offense because that's where the lions share of your cap dollars are spent. That's the part of the team that is supposed to be the #1 offense in the league. That's the part of the team that didn't even have the excuse of injuries being a factor.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sure, front office bad. Tell me again how stopping the run was going to get the offense from not crapping the bed?
Good defense stop good offenses.

Ever heard Defense when Championships? I am pretty sure I have heard that before somewhere.

Is it a surprise to you to find out KC D averaged only giving up 17 points a game.

I am sure it does, because you think Mahomes won every game all by himself.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Never said they had an excuse.
I mean it would explain why Dallas always takes the ball first when they win the toss. I mean if the QB and the offense are so weak that they can't even be bothered to play if they get behind...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
OP is true with Dak but there are plenty of examples of QBs that did not need a balanced attack to succeed.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Ever heard Defense when Championships? I am pretty sure I have heard that before somewhere.
The more talented side wins out. The GB defense wasn't more talented than the Dallas offense. What happened? These are questions that should be answered no? Simply claiming that defense wins championships....kind of a lazy mans analysis of what happened.
Is it a surprise to you to find out KC D averaged only giving up 17 points a game.
Great good for KC. How does that explain the #1 offense getting trashed by the #27 ranked defense in the NFL?
I am sure it does, because you think Mahomes won every game all by himself.
No, I think Mahomes took advantage of what his defense gave him. That's the difference between a Patrick Mahomes and Dak Prescott. One steps up when needed, the other one wilts.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The more talented side wins out. The GB defense wasn't more talented than the Dallas offense. What happened? These are questions that should be answered no? Simply claiming that defense wins championships....kind of a lazy mans analysis of what happened.

Great good for KC. How does that explain the #1 offense getting trashed by the #27 ranked defense in the NFL?

No, I think Mahomes took advantage of what his defense gave him. That's the difference between a Patrick Mahomes and Dak Prescott. One steps up when needed, the other one wilts.
Our defense gave us nothing.

Mikexike

Reaction score
I love that @Chasing6 won't address what really happened in the first half, All he has is dak was bad the first half and the defense did nothing yet we have stated the obvious as to what really transpired but just keep ignoring it and saying the DEF did nothing.

Please keep digging a deeper hole

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Im not sure you are gonna get any answer for that offensive ship show that did nothing to help our defense and in fact assisted in the curb stomp.

Everyone but dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I love that @Chasing6 won't address what really happened in the first half, All he has is dak was bad the first half and the defense did nothing yet we have stated the obvious as to what really transpired but just keep ignoring it and saying the DEF did nothing.

Please keep digging a deeper hole
Dak did not have a bad second half. The defense was bad getting on and off the bus.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Dak did not have a bad second half. The defense was bad getting on and off the bus.
Game flow would of been different if he didn't have a bad first half. On top of it he was at home with his own crowd...Let that sink in.

Please be a GM and pay 50+ mill for a QB that plays 1 good half in a playoff game. YOU WILL NEVER GET FAR.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe you are referring to the 2022 playoff game. Where our kicker could not make an extra point and we were afraid to kick FG's at that point because he had a melt down.

This was also the game where Pollard got hurt and then our offense became 1 dimensional with Zeke averaging 2 yards a carry.

First int - the one were Gallup did not complete his route and completely gave up on the play because he did not think the ball would be thrown to him. I remember that.

2nd int was bad, thrown into double coverage. That led the Niners on an 80 hard drive for a TD. Strange how all of Dak's interceptions lead to TD's.
How many yards did pollard have til the injury?