NFL ranks Dak 16 out of 32 QBs

basel90

Reaction score
Name the GMs that think he is good or top ten. It works both ways. There has been plenty of comments posted on this site that came from executives around the league that was not as impressed with Dak as the Dak-lover Cowboy fans .
Dak is 6-11 in his last 17 starts . That’s not what GMs want to see .

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Parr: Prescott was on pace to shatter the single-season passing yards record before a gruesome ankle injury robbed him of a chance to make history. The small sample size is probably the only thing keeping him from ending up higher on this list.
LOL. Talking about picking and choosing?

Ranked 16? Plus I hate Dak? Let me post this as proof that Dak is awful.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s been ranked 10-15th mostly. That’s enough to be a franchise Qb.

Its not unusual for average to above average QB to be top paid.

2020- Watson
2019- Wilson
2018-Ryan
2017-Stafford

And they usually only stay top paid until the next big deal over paying their QB. Then in a couple years nobody remembers or cares as they fall considerably down the list.

basel90

Reaction score
what is the cowboys record in the same period?
The QB touches all the offensive plays , and guess what , he cannot make a difference like a Brady , wilson , or a Rodgers . He is just not that good . His record shows he is a system QB and as Jimmy Johnson said , Dak needs everything perfect around him to excel . Well , we don’t have a good GM to surround Dak and the defense with winning football . If we pay Dak 35-40 mil , expect another 8-8 average cycle to continue . Garrett is gone , so there won’t be a coaching excuse to save Dak this the. .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The QB touches all the offensive plays , and guess what , he cannot make a difference like a Brady , wilson , or a Rodgers . He is just not that good . His record shows he is a system QB and as Jimmy Johnson said , Dak needs everything perfect around him to excel . Well , we don’t have a good GM to surround Dak and the defense with winning football . If we pay Dak 35-40 mil , expect another 8-8 average cycle to continue . Garrett is gone , so there won’t be a coaching excuse to save Dak this the. .
so the cowboys offense is responsible for all wins and losses?

and can you please point me to the jimmy johnson quote...would highly appreciate it...

and I like that you are comapring him to Brady, Wilson and Rogers, one Goat, two HOFers for sure.....at least its the right group to compare to..

and why is paying Dak 40M is going to end in 8-8?

basel90

Reaction score
so the cowboys offense is responsible for all wins and losses?

and can you please point me to the jimmy johnson quote...would highly appreciate it...

and I like that you are comapring him to Brady, Wilson and Rogers, one Goat, two HOFers for sure.....at least its the right group to compare to..

and why is paying Dak 40M is going to end in 8-8?
Dak is 6-11 in his last 17 starts . Most of These HOF QBs are not making what he is making or asking to make .
Jimmy’s interview on fox was clear . He said Dak is the type of QB that cannot function if everything is not perfect around him , I think he compared him to another QB he had .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
here is the link
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932027-the-most-overrated-players-in-2021-nfl-free-agency

My argument is valid . If he or his agent have good offers he could have asked for a trade or not signed and forced a trade. Look , show me one accomplishment or significant win for Dak . He is not the reason for the record but he has not been a top tier player who makes any difference .. If you list these great comebacks or games he has saved the team , then prove me wrong. Heck , he lost head to head with wentz which had a terrible team . and lost.
This link it to an opinion piece, not a "report", and you can also find some that say the contrary. Here are others that rank Dak as the top free agent on the market.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...players-by-position/rlkvwo4o8n2h1alsqclgplvqu

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-ranking-the-nfls-top-50-free-agents

And no, you're argument still fails because you are stubbornly clinging to the false belief that players field offers, and other NFL teams make offers, before the franchise tag is applied and before the free agency period begins. This year, for example, the Cowboys have until March 9th to designate Dak as a franchise player, and NFL teams are not free to negotiate with free agents until March 17, so assuming Dak gets the franchise tag he will never be available for a team to negotiate with. That was the same kind of timing last year.

Hell, if you use a little common sense, even if a team could negotiate a contract before free agency begins, why would they with a player they are confident is going to be tagged anyway. It would be wasted effort.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You post opinion piece, not a "report", and you can also find some that say the contrary. Here are others that rank Dak as the top free agent on the market.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...players-by-position/rlkvwo4o8n2h1alsqclgplvqu

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-ranking-the-nfls-top-50-free-agents

And no, you're argument still fails because you are stubbornly clinging to the false belief that Dak and his agent can field offers, and other NFL teams can make offers, before the franchise tag is applied and before the free agency period begins. They cannot - that would be tampering and against league rules. This year, for example, the Cowboys have until March 9th to designate Dak as a franchise player, and NFL teams are not free to negotiate with free agents until March 17, so assuming Dak gets the franchise tag he will never be available for a team to make an offer to. That was the same kind of timing last year.

Quit putting facts in the middle of a moron driven sports argument. They hate that. Dak will never see the free market. The Joneses aint that stupid.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have to admit I am fascinated by the fallacy that people keep repeating that "if we sign Dak we are doomed to always going 8-8." Dak has been in the league 5 years and has gone 8-8 once. But that one season apparently carries more weight than the rest of his seasons? Why not 13-3 since he has had that record as often as the 8-8? Why not 10-6 for the same reason? Nope.. it's the 8-8 we're going to latch onto because for some reason that one fits our narrative. GTFOH..

basel90

Reaction score
This link it to an opinion piece, not a "report", and you can also find some that say the contrary. Here are others that rank Dak as the top free agent on the market.

And no, you're argument still fails because you are stubbornly clinging to the false belief that players field offers, and other NFL teams make offers, before the franchise tag is applied and before the free agency period begins. This year, for example, the Cowboys have until March 9th to designate Dak as a franchise player, and NFL teams are not free to negotiate with free agents until March 17, so assuming Dak gets the franchise tag he will never be available for a team to negotiate with. That was the same kind of timing last year.

Hell, if you use a little common sense, even if a team could negotiate a contract before free agency begins, why would they with a player they are confident is going to be tagged anyway. It would be wasted effort.
yes but a player can refuse to sign the tag and demand a trade. I do however think some teams will be interested in dak and will pay him as there is ongoing shortage of QBs and some believe he is a savior or elite etc. I just don't think he is worth half of what he is asking. and that is my opinion.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes but a player can refuse to sign the tag and demand a trade. I do however think some teams will be interested in dak and will pay him as there is ongoing shortage of QBs and some believe he is a savior or elite etc. I just don't think he is worth half of what he is asking. and that is my opinion.
And Dak did hold off signing the tag for a long time last year, but after it became clear a deal wasn't going to be made, and Dak would end up sitting out a season with no pay if he didn't sign the tag, he chose to play under the tag.

And sure a player can demand a trade, if he wants to leave, which I doubt Dak does. But demanding a trade doesn't guarantee a player will be traded, plus he can't be traded until he either signs a contract or signs the franchise taganyway. A team can't trade a player until he has agreed to one or the other.

The fact there is a shortage of QBs, as you mentioned, is why the Cowboys don't want to let Dak go. If it were easy to run out and just snatch up the next Pat Mahomes QBs would be much less valuable.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is 6-11 in his last 17 starts . Most of These HOF QBs are not making what he is making or asking to make .
Jimmy’s interview on fox was clear . He said Dak is the type of QB that cannot function if everything is not perfect around him , I think he compared him to another QB he had .
so all the losses are on Dak then? nobody else is responsible?

by the way he was 8-8 last year. 2-3 this year, that would make it 10-11, but go ahead, make up stuff since that's what you have done from the beginning.

basel90

Reaction score
And Dak did hold off signing the tag for a long time last year, but after it became clear a deal wasn't going to be made, and Dak would end up sitting out a season with no pay if he didn't sign the tag, he chose to play under the tag.

And sure a player can demand a trade, if he wants to leave, which I doubt Dak does. But demanding a trade doesn't guarantee a player will be traded, plus he can't be traded until he either signs a contract or signs the franchise taganyway. A team can't trade a player until he has agreed to one or the other.

The fact there is a shortage of QBs, as you mentioned, is why the Cowboys don't want to let Dak go. If it were easy to run out and just snatch up the next Pat Mahomes QBs would be much less valuable.
all fair points indeed. But do you really believe paying a QB 40 mil will be the optimal thing to do for a team with such holes on defense . Plus a team already sunk in cap due to badly overpaying bums like zeke and others.

basel90

Reaction score

by the way he was 8-8 last year. 2-3 this year, that would make it 10-11, but go ahead, make up stuff since that's what you have done from the beginning.
it is a fact dak is 6-11 in his last 17 starts. Please look it up . a fact is a fact.
I have already said dak is not the main reason for the cowboys record. it is mainly an atroucious defense and a bunch of bad moves and signings . This is why i say , paying a QB 40 mil will not help this team , as there is so much to fix. But if the goal is another 8-8 or mediocracy and not to hurt Dak's feelings , then yes sign dak at 40 mil and enjoy the slow motion show we have seen the last 25 years.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
it is a fact dak is 6-11 in his last 17 starts. Please look it up . a fact is a fact.
I have already said dak is not the main reason for the cowboys record. it is mainly an atroucious defense and a bunch of bad moves and signings . This is why i say , paying a QB 40 mil will not help this team , as there is so much to fix. But if the goal is another 8-8 or mediocracy and not to hurt Dak's feelings , then yes sign dak at 40 mil and enjoy the slow motion show we have seen the last 25 years.
I was looking at 2019, 2020. but I find it amusing you selected a specific period to ditch dak.....its like I said only half jokingly in the past, some of you all use to say, he was bad from 12:03 mark of the 2nd quarter, to 1:06 mark third quarter in away games played at 4 time slot on grass to justify your anger towards him.....I mean literally some of you all said he sucks on grass and nit picked his passes and plays on grass....really funny....

so did the NFL start 17 games ago? and nothing prior matters? would Brady win a championship with Garrett and Moore as his offensive coaches? would Brady win anything with this defense?

and I have asked over and over and ovre and over and over....how does Dak's 40M stop us from building this team. we have already in the books 7 of the top 5 position contracts on the team. need 7 or 8 starters on defense. are you planning to build a defense through FA? are you planning to hand out another 2 or 3 large defensive contracts. where will that get this defense? and how do you compensate for the huge drop in QB and offensive play with the likes of Dink and dunk dalton?

Dak is the only reason this team has been competitive. it unfolded right in front of your eyes this year. plain and simple. where Dalton struggled to beat 3 4 win teams with their back up QBs, Dak with HISTORICALLY bad defense kept the team competitive against 3 playoff teams. s

RonnieT24

Reaction score

The fascinating thing about this dude is that even after being called out for his fallacies he will continue to double and triple down on it. Classic trolling tactics. It's a pretty simply matter to look at Dak's last 17 games and see 7 wins. Trying to draw the line conveniently to exclude the first three games of 2019 is bad enough but to attempt to ignore the actual win total has to be intentional so I can't spend any time on him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
all fair points indeed. But do you really believe paying a QB 40 mil will be the optimal thing to do for a team with such holes on defense . Plus a team already sunk in cap due to badly overpaying bums like zeke and others.
If the team feels this is a problem I understand that, but there also has to be a consideration of who is going to play QB. Building on defense isn't going to do much good if the team sucks at QB.

Ultimately I think if the team were to let Dak walk it would have to draft a QB, and possibly use significant draft collateral to move up to get a better option. If the team were to keep Dak those picks could be used on defense. Which is the better option … ? The team will have to make that choice.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The fascinating thing about this dude is that even after being called out for his fallacies he will continue to double and triple down on it. Classic trolling tactics. It's a pretty simply matter to look at Dak's last 17 games and see 7 wins. Trying to draw the line conveniently to exclude the first three games of 2019 is bad enough but to attempt to ignore the actual win total has to be intentional so I can't spend any time on him.
exactly, next he will look at every other game, on the road and say he has a 2-8 record in those games.... and to him nothing existed or matters before 2019. its all about the last 17 games, obviously because he is driving an agenda. I can't tell you how many times he has been proven wrong.

landroverking

Reaction score
A lot of QBs right or wrong are judged on playoff wins. Dak is good, not great and has many yards after the game is out of reach win or loose.