NFL ranks Dak 16 out of 32 QBs

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Don’t put words in my mouth, the defense is bad , but Dak is not top 10 . Paying him elite money guarantees the defense stays bad because the GM of this team also overpaid many overrated players .
how is he not top 10? based on what you just said, I am assuming you are holding defense accountable. so producing the top 2 offense in the league is not enough?

and 50 FO personnel ranked him in the top 10. you want to tell me those FO people of 32 teams don't know anything about football. but you do? he is the #1 FA this off season, based on analysis of former NFL players and analysts who have spent all their career covering NFL...so they are wrong?

and how does paying him gaurantee this defense stays bad. are you suggesting we should build the defense through FA? are there any defensive players on this team you like to sign right now but can't because we would be paying Dak?

Valkyr

Reaction score
This is the most misleading, context-less thread title I think I've ever seen.

basel90

Reaction score
how is he not top 10? based on what you just said, I am assuming you are holding defense accountable. so producing the top 2 offense in the league is not enough?

and 50 FO personnel ranked him in the top 10. you want to tell me those FO people of 32 teams don't know anything about football. but you do? he is the #1 FA this off season, based on analysis of former NFL players and analysts who have spent all their career covering NFL...so they are wrong?

and how does paying him gaurantee this defense stays bad. are you suggesting we should build the defense through FA? are there any defensive players on this team you like to sign right now but can't because we would be paying Dak?
Most GMs don’t believe he is top 10 and that is why we have not heard any legitimate offers for Dak .
The defense is bad and needs massive investment to fix . FA is key .
Dak’s inability to play well early in games put the defense in a bind especially last season , which shows Dak may actually be regressing from his freshman year .

ondaedg

Reaction score
Most GMs don’t believe he is top 10 and that is why we have not heard any legitimate offers for Dak .
Dak’s inability to play well early in games put the defense in a bind especially last season , which shows Dak may actually be regressing from his freshman year .

Lol. Name the GMs who don’t think he’s good or top ten.

:popcorn:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The article on NFL ranks Dak at exactly #16

Some of you want to pay the 16th ranked QB 40 million dollars a year crippling this teams chances of doing anything meaningful for atleast 4 more years

please explain....
Arlington Jonesboys fans forget that Dak played only 5 games in 2020 and he was ranked 16. Therefore glass half empty and glass half full for a QB that missed 11 games. He was ranked higher than Big Ben, Drew Brees, and Jared Goff all playoff QBs this season. Dak lead the Cowboys in passing yards through 14 games having played in only 5 and finish with the teams top QBR.

So yes the NFL Ranking says "Prescott was on pace to shatter the single-season passing yards record before a gruesome ankle injury robbed him of a chance to make history. The small sample size is probably the only thing keeping him from ending up higher on this list."

Pay the man and stop the drama. If not, remain in the 25 year purgatory of the Arlington Jonesboys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
most GMs!! really where did you hear that. last year, 50 FO personnel ranking had Dak in the top 10. so you friends with these GMs and have inside connection?

and the free agency off season hasn't started yet, nobody is tagged or anything, so you expect offers!!! how is that possible?

and FA is not key to fixing the defense. you can't build a defense through FA. you can sign some mid level players and maybe a high end player or two. but you can not build a defense that needs 7 or 8 new players via FA. that's is going to fail miserably. and the team will fail miserably.....

and few weeks ago, I put out the scoring average by quarter for dallas compared to the league. we were average and above average....

and how did Dak put the defense in a bind. we gave up 300 yards rushing against cleveland....is that his fault for defense not being able to make stops? really!!!

Dak has led #2 offense in the league last year. he led the top offense in the last 8 games of 2018, after he got a legit WR and he led the #1 offense in the first 5 games this year. lets not forget defense was historically bad, giving up 36+, worst in NFL history in the first 5 games.... we played three playoff teams and the defense was worse than melted swiss cheese.

maybe we can ask Dak to play LB and help the rush defense. he has the size. he probably will be better than some of our own LBs....possibly, he can't be worse.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Dak Prescott was an unrestricted free agent....the amount of interest he would command and the money he would eventually get would apparently shock many of you.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can still not sign the tag .
By the way a report just came out ranking dak as 2nd most OVERRATED qb ...
Not signing the tag doesn't mean he can take offers. Being offered the tag means he either has to sign it, work out a new contract with the team, or not play for a season.

Face it, your argument failed. He has never been in a position to receive outside offers, so you cannot dispute his value by arguing he hasn't received outside offers.

By the way, where is the link to this report you speak of?

basel90

Reaction score
Not signing the tag doesn't mean he can take offers. Being offered the tag means he either has to sign it, work out a new contract with the team, or not play for a season.

Face it, your argument failed. He has never been in a position to receive outside offers, so you cannot dispute his value by arguing he hasn't received outside offers.

By the way, where is the link to this report you speak of?
here is the link
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932027-the-most-overrated-players-in-2021-nfl-free-agency

My argument is valid . If he or his agent have good offers he could have asked for a trade or not signed and forced a trade. Look , show me one accomplishment or significant win for Dak . He is not the reason for the record but he has not been a top tier player who makes any difference .. If you list these great comebacks or games he has saved the team , then prove me wrong. Heck , he lost head to head with wentz which had a terrible team . and lost.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
here is the link
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932027-the-most-overrated-players-in-2021-nfl-free-agency

My argument is valid . If he or his agent have good offers he could have asked for a trade or not signed and forced a trade. Look , show me one accomplishment or significant win for Dak . He is not the reason for the record but he has not been a top tier player who makes any difference .. If you list these great comebacks or games he has saved the team , then prove me wrong. Heck , he lost head to head with wentz which had a terrible team . and lost.

This article claims that Dak has "only been a pro bowler once." Since Dak went to the pro bowl in 2016 nd 2018 any credibility the writer may have had went out the window there. When one of the pillars of the argument is patently false that argument comes down like a house of cards. But it would stand to reason that you would latch onto an argument made by a writer who can't count since you've been swearing up and down for weeks that "Dak went 1-4 in 2020."

basel90

Reaction score
This article claims that Dak has "only been a pro bowler once." Since Dak went to the pro bowl in 2016 nd 2018 any credibility the writer may have had went out the window there. When one of the pillars of the argument is patently false that argument comes down like a house of cards. But it would stand to reason that you would latch onto an argument made by a writer who can't count since you've been swearing up and down for weeks that "Dak went 1-4 in 2020."
You still have no convincing evidence or examples of how good dak is and you latch into vague arguments to defend him all the time . Anyway you will probably see him a lot since jerry will pay him .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
pervert...get your poster of Dak...
ooohhh.
have nothing else to say but insults. usually from people who feel like they are in a losing position in an argument. usually done to distract from the argument at hand..

so what made you feel like you are losing the argument? facts? LOL

jnday

Reaction score
Lol. Name the GMs who don’t think he’s good or top ten.

:popcorn:
Name the GMs that think he is good or top ten. It works both ways. There has been plenty of comments posted on this site that came from executives around the league that was not as impressed with Dak as the Dak-lover Cowboy fans .

ondaedg

Reaction score
Name the GMs that think he is good or top ten. It works both ways. There has been plenty of comments posted on this site that came from executives around the league that was not as impressed with Dak as the Dak-lover Cowboy fans .

There was only one ridiculous comment being questioned and I wasn’t the one who made it.