Twitter: NFL Roster Cuts

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Don't worry. He'll continue to have a spot for something other than merit.

Reactions: BAT

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Barber plays special teams. Ideal replacement for Rico Dowdle. Go get him Cowboys.
Not at all. Peyton Barber is one of the slowest halfbacks in the league, clocking in at a 4.7 40 time. He's a pile pusher, a bell cow, a bulldozer on inside run plays. Anything else is not his game. He'd be a liability on special teams with that lack of speed. Rather have more Nahshon Wright's and Mukuamu's on special teams that can run with the best of 'em.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not at all. Peyton Barber is one of the slowest halfbacks in the league, clocking in at a 4.7 40 time. He's a pile pusher, a bell cow, a bulldozer on inside run plays. Anything else is not his game. He'd be a liability on special teams with that lack of speed. Rather have more Nahshon Wright's and Mukuamu's on special teams that can run with the best of 'em.

Maybe the Cowboys just go with Zeke and Pollard anyway, with the expanded practice squad they can just stash a couple backs there instead.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Maybe the Cowboys just go with Zeke and Pollard anyway, with the expanded practice squad they can just stash a couple backs there instead.
That's exactly the point. Why the need for anyone else besides Zeke and Pollard? You have a ton of young guns who play defense who can make a good showing on special teams, that also happen to be very fast and athletic and have potential to make the league as starters on defense in due time. Why waste the spot on a progress-stopping journeyman like Barber? The only other back I'd consider keeping is that FB... I forget his name... has he been cut yet? Please let me know...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I know nothing about Barber's STs play, but Bill Bates was a 4.7 guy and a STs ace. You can also have a poor to mediocre 40 time and still have long speed.

Reactions: BAT

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I know nothing about Barber's STs play, but Bill Bates was a 4.7 guy and a STs ace. You can also have a poor to mediocre 40 time and still have long speed.
heck, Dwayne Harris was a mediocre 40 time runner and a special teams ace, both as a returner and gunner, but he was nifty and shifty and agile, sort of like Cole Beasley or Keenan Allen... Barber is not, he is stiff and not side to side athletic nor is he fast. He is a trucker, that's all.