NFL Sunday Game Thread

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My Sunday summary:

1. CFP is a joke. What ESPN wants ESPN gets. They continue to ruin the sport. A disgrace.

2. Eagles still have a clear upper hand even if Dallas wins next week because of their respective schedules, but it could at least be interesting.

3. A Dallas win next week sets up SF as the clear favorite for the top seed and a bye, regardless of who wins NFCE. Owning both Philly and Dallas has its privileges - most importantly all tiebreaks.
The CFP committee got it right with the best 4 teams in the playoffs. Sore losers for everyone else.

Adreme

Reaction score
i read a chart that if eagles and cowboys finish season 14-3...eagles will win tie breaker according to chart...they must have more losses than us?.....but

that was A-Z sports who are usually good on their info but....i read other chatters say differently....i think if we beat them next week we are no. 1 but

if then both teams win out they win tie breaker....truth is i would have to see exact rules on tie breakers....not sure i have?
So technically this is a case where both things are true. If the Cowboys win next week they are technically in first place. However if both teams win out then the Eagles win the division. Basically with how the tiebreakers work the Eagles have not played the games, against the Giants and Cardinals, that would put them in first place but if they do and win those games they then take first place.

GORICO

Reaction score
So technically this is a case where both things are true. If the Cowboys win next week they are technically in first place. However if both teams win out then the Eagles win the division. Basically with how the tiebreakers work the Eagles have not played the games, against the Giants and Cardinals, that would put them in first place but if they do and win those games they then take first place.
Adreme---that is exactly how i read it too

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
The CFP committee got it right with the best 4 teams in the playoffs. Sore losers for everyone else.
I know its crappy but NOONE wanted to watch that FSU offense again. The CFP committee made the right choice and we got the best matchups now.

beacamdim

Reaction score
I know its crappy but NOONE wanted to watch that FSU offense again. The CFP committee made the right choice and we got the best matchups now.
"Best matchups" is not a criterion of the selection committee, nor is it the best way to crown a champion or reward performance (as opposed to conjecture or potential) on the field.

beacamdim

Reaction score
And, being realistic, the likelihood that the Eagles run the table after next week is a lot greater than that Dallas does, simply because of who they play. Dallas already had their two games against the Giants and their game with AZ. The Eagles have played the tough part of their schedule, and now get to eat cupcakes too.

Adreme

Reaction score
"Best matchups" is not a criterion of the selection committee, nor is it the best way to crown a champion or reward performance (as opposed to conjecture or potential) on the field.
I mean they are looking for the best 4 teams as currently exist. The fact that FSU lost their QB means that they are not as good as they were which means they are not one of the top 4 teams in the country anymore.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An undefeated team should not be left out in favor of a 1 loss team. But Bama is a media favorite. Glad this is the last year of this system.

Motorola

Reaction score
Just wait till they get to put even more teams in it. I hate the seminoles but I think they got screwed

They are not a top 4 team probably not even top 6 especially with a back up but going undefeated ought to stand for something

SEC was not going to be denied and if you put bama in you have to put in Texas

Tough job they had
I mean I am not sure what the right choice was for the CFP. There were 5 teams with great arguments for why they deserve it so it looks like they found the weakest link in one of them to narrow it to 4.
From the beginning, the selection committee for the CFP selection committee was a fraud.
They never established definitive criteria on what teams needed to accomplish in order to be picked.
The vagaries year to year were exposed.
This is the first time and undefeated power 5 conference champion didn't get selected.

starfan1

Reaction score
From the beginning, the selection committee for the CFP selection committee was a fraud.
They never established definitive criteria on what teams needed to accomplish in order to be picked.
This is the first time and undefeated power 5 conference champion didn't get selected.
Very well could be a Texas vs Bama repeat for natty

beacamdim

Reaction score
I mean they are looking for the best 4 teams as currently exist. The fact that FSU lost their QB means that they are not as good as they were which means they are not one of the top 4 teams in the country anymore.
I call BS. They would have made the exact same decision if there had been no injury. They would have just had to come up with another excuse.

Because money (ESPN) controls the sport.

I will laugh hysterically if the recently filed lawsuit by the Oregon women blows to smithereens the NIL farce that the Power Two have concocted.

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/co...le-ix-lawsuit-division-street-1234749110/amp/

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
Because it is the first time that you ever had 3 of them and you now have a weird situation. Alabama just beat the number 1 undefeated team and won the SEC so they are clearly one of the top 4 teams. Michigan beat the number 2 team (to knock them to 7) and won their conference undefeated. Washington similarly had a schedule you cannot really argue with. Florida State meanwhile had its best win early, which is the worst win out of the teams ahead of them, and lost its starting QB so again as stated in the requirements, they took the status of Florida State as it was currently made. Granted all this will fix itself next year but I understand the decision.

beacamdim

Reaction score
Because it is the first time that you ever had 3 of them and you now have a weird situation. Alabama just beat the number 1 undefeated team and won the SEC so they are clearly one of the top 4 teams. Michigan beat the number 2 team (to knock them to 7) and won their conference undefeated. Washington similarly had a schedule you cannot really argue with. Florida State meanwhile had its best win early, which is the worst win out of the teams ahead of them, and lost its starting QB so again as stated in the requirements, they took the status of Florida State as it was currently made. Granted all this will fix itself next year but I understand the decision.
Dude, that’s why you have preexisting neutral and published criteria in the first place. For exactly this kind of situation.

Total garbage.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The NFL is a week to week league. But I'm still taking notice of the Chiefs struggling against the Packers right now. And the Chiefs are suppose to be one of the biggest wins the Eagles have this season.