NFL Sunday Game Thread

beacamdim

Reaction score
My Sunday summary:

1. CFP is a joke. What ESPN wants ESPN gets. They continue to ruin the sport. A disgrace.

2. Eagles still have a clear upper hand even if Dallas wins next week because of their respective schedules, but it could at least be interesting.

3. A Dallas win next week sets up SF as the clear favorite for the top seed and a bye, regardless of who wins NFCE. Owning both Philly and Dallas has its privileges - most importantly all tiebreaks.

mardwin

Reaction score
What did the ‘Niners give Carolina for him?
Like a couple of 2nd rounders. The carolina front office and ownership is a complete mess; the got rid of the only elite-caliber players they had on offense for pennies, CMC and Moore.

JustChip

Reaction score
We're tied in the loss column, yes, but at the moment we're 7-2 and they're 6-2 against common opponents. If we both win out, we're tied.
Correct.

If Dallas wins out and the only loss going forward is next week, the Eagles will win the Division. Both teams will be 10-2 in common opponents and the next tiebreaker is Conference record which the Eagles win.

From this point on, the Eagles opponents all fall into the common opponent category. But Dallas has Detroit which Philly didn’t play.

Dallas needs Philly to lose another game besides next week which negatively impacts both their overall record and common opponent record. If they do, Dallas wins the Division outright by winning out or via common opponent record if they lose only 1 game and it’s Detroit.

There are other ways Dallas can win the Division, such as Philly loses one of the NY games and Dallas only loses once and to anybody but Warshington. Cowboys win the Division based on Division record.

GORICO

Reaction score
Correct. Cowboys have three nfc losses. Eagles would only have two nfc losses with that scenario.
i read a chart that if eagles and cowboys finish season 14-3...eagles will win tie breaker according to chart...they must have more losses than us?.....but

that was A-Z sports who are usually good on their info but....i read other chatters say differently....i think if we beat them next week we are no. 1 but

if then both teams win out they win tie breaker....truth is i would have to see exact rules on tie breakers....not sure i have?

Motorola

Reaction score
Bama does not deserve to be in it. FSU got screwed.
So did Georgia (and I'm a Georgia Tech alum).
No way anyone that follows college football would say the Bulldogs weren't one of the best four teams this season.
But the committee wasn't going to put two SEC teams in the four-team playoff again.

TheHerd

Reaction score
What a crazy Sunday night game. End of the first quarter and each team has had the ball only once.

GORICO

Reaction score
the coach punching players , nice ...

eagles culture man
i grew up where coaches did stuff like that....and players obeyed....but maybe its all abuse now????....hey you looked cross-eyed at me...you abused me

and i aint no eagle troll....hate eagles and 49ers equal....but to be honest i dont think any team in league can stay up with 9ers...but things change in a month?

starfan1

Reaction score
My Sunday summary:

1. CFP is a joke. What ESPN wants ESPN gets. They continue to ruin the sport. A disgrace.
Just wait till they get to put even more teams in it. I hate the seminoles but I think they got screwed

They are not a top 4 team probably not even top 6 especially with a back up but going undefeated ought to stand for something

SEC was not going to be denied and if you put bama in you have to put in Texas

Tough job they had

GORICO

Reaction score
If they lose today and we win nex

If they lose and we beat them next week, what tie breaker do they have When we both have 3 loses, one to each other and one each to the 9ers?
Big----

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory in all games.
  6. Strength of schedule in all games
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Packers getting hot at the right time. I could see them as a 7 seed making some noise.

Adreme

Reaction score
My Sunday summary:

2. Eagles still have a clear upper hand even if Dallas wins next week because of their respective schedules, but it could at least be interesting.

3. A Dallas win next week sets up SF as the clear favorite for the top seed and a bye, regardless of who wins NFCE. Owning both Philly and Dallas has its privileges - most importantly all tiebreaks.
I mean I am not sure what the right choice was for the CFP. There were 5 teams with great arguments for why they deserve it so it looks like they found the weakest link in one of them to narrow it to 4.

JustChip

Reaction score
i read a chart that if eagles and cowboys finish season 14-3...eagles will win tie breaker according to chart...they must have more losses than us?.....but

that was A-Z sports who are usually good on their info but....i read other chatters say differently....i think if we beat them next week we are no. 1 but

if then both teams win out they win tie breaker....truth is i would have to see exact rules on tie breakers....not sure i have?
That is correct. The tiebreaker order of precedence is:

1. Head-to-head
2. Division record
3. Record against common opponents
4. Conference record

Eagle would win because of a better Conference record (Dallas lost to an NFC team, Arizona whereas Philly lost to an AFC team, NYJ).

GORICO

Reaction score
That is the defect in the rule, leverage is allowed fir offense but not for defense , why?
rules committee no doubt will have to rule on it in offseason?....hope its this one?