NFL transaction thread

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
we are thin at WR? did you just say that? we are three deep potentially with 3 #1 WRs....and you think we are thin....which team is this deep in talent at WR?
I said we are thin beyond top 3. Which we are. We are very top heavy at the position with very little talent beyond the starters

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I said we are thin beyond top 3. Which we are. We are very top heavy at the position with very little talent beyond the starters
but how many snaps you expect the 4th WR to get? how many targets? the top 3, + TE1 and TE2, Pollard and Zeke are primary targets...and the 4th WR is expected to play special teams....so can he? or are we willing to compromise the special teams and scream about our kick coverage and return game, while the 4th WR gets maybe 5 snaps a game and 1 target every other game.....

and Wilson has been doing well now that he is healthy....Gallup was a 3rd rounder and exploded. Sanu is at the tail end of his career and he had 26 and 33 catches in a pass happy offense, with Brady as his QB....his average as a WR was worse than witten.....this is not the Sanu of 4 years ago....At this point, I rather invest in the future, like Wilson as opposed invest in the past hoping to catch lighting in a bottle.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Who's been better than him since 2016?
Next year after another average season, are you going to ask this same question again? As if it has any bearing on the topic or who the best RBs in the league are currently
But just for the record- Kamara, Barkley, McCaff, and Gurley just to start.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Next year after another average season, are you going to ask this same question again? As if it has any bearing on the topic or who the best RBs in the league are currently
I don't care who's the best in the league. I for one don't say Zeke is the best in the league I just don't say he's the worst either. And you are full of it. Some of those guys weren't even in the league since 2016 so how can you say they have been better? Insane.

Loso86

Reaction score
Gurley no and cant stay healthy, Kamara yes maybe, McCaff perhaps but he will burn out soon, Barkley better player but also cant stay healthy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
but how many snaps you expect the 4th WR to get? how many targets? the top 3, + TE1 and TE2, Pollard and Zeke are primary targets...and the 4th WR is expected to play special teams....so can he? or are we willing to compromise the special teams and scream about our kick coverage and return game, while the 4th WR gets maybe 5 snaps a game and 1 target every other game.....

and Wilson has been doing well now that he is healthy....Gallup was a 3rd rounder and exploded. Sanu is at the tail end of his career and he had 26 and 33 catches in a pass happy offense, with Brady as his QB....his average as a WR was worse than witten.....this is not the Sanu of 4 years ago....At this point, I rather invest in the future, like Wilson as opposed invest in the past hoping to catch lighting in a bottle.
A 4th WR will get alot of snaps if one of the top 3 get hurt. And both Gallup and Cooper last year. 3 WR's will play 70-80% percent of the offensive. Beyond those 3 we have fringe NFL players

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What is blatantly obvious though is that Zeke is just one drop in a huge bucket of solid RBs.

And Fournette at $3.5M >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eze at $15M
Not in the locker room. They've been trying to trade him for months and couldn't even get a low draft choice for him. Attitude is everything.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Came in for NFL transactions, but all I see is more Zeke bashing. Guess I’ll check the thread late for NFL transaction news.

Saw Cam has been named starter in New England. I guess all that dancing really hasn’t been a distraction after all.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A 4th WR will get alot of snaps if one of the top 3 get hurt. And both Gallup and Cooper last year. 3 WR's will play 70-80% percent of the offensive. Beyond those 3 we have fringe NFL players
but Sanu doesn't bring anything to the table at this point. he had 33, 26 catches averaging about 8 YPC....that's with Brady.....

he may have been a good option several years ago, but at this point. a big pass. wilson and noah would provide that....and like I said, you are worrying about injuries, but I worry about immediate impact to special teams which was our achilles heel last year.....you are robbing paul to pay peter immediatley just in case something happens in the future. with a player that no longer is any good. based on his performance from 4 or 5 years ago....Wilson will give way more and it seems he has a rapport with dak as he has been making a lot of plays in camp....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1 year $2M with possibility to make up to a total of $3.5M

That is for a RB who surpassed 1,000 yards in 2 of his first 3 seasons for a crappy JAX team. Proof positive that Dallas overpaid Zeke.
Zeke surpassed 1400 yards in 2 of his first 3 seasons, so you aren't exactly talking apples to apples.

Fournette also averaged less than 4.0 yards per carry in 2 of his first 3 seasons, whereas Zeke has never been that low, and averages 4.6 yards per carry for his career.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Gurley is better than Zeke? Did I read that correctly?

blueblood70

Reaction score
all
Im sorry, but Jerry isnt passing in that name
that should be on Jerrys mind is SAFETY you cut dix woods is injured its oir weakest postion stater and depth, bring in ET , Reid, or a player with some skins on the street or trade for someone

some guard , no