Twitter: NFL will not suspend Tyreek Hill; unlike Ezekiel Elliott **merged**

J817

Reaction score
IM not defending Hill. I am just of the opinion that all of this stuff should take place in the court system, not in the NFL offices. If a guy goes to jail for 6 months and gets out and is free to play... thats hould be it. So since in this case absolutely NOTHING is being done in th ejustice system, then nothing should be done in the NFL.

The problem with this stance is your dealing with millionaires here. Millionaires with the ability to pay victims off at any given time. Prosecutors drop cases due to the victims not corporating all the time. Victims can be threatened, they can change their minds in pressing charges even though they are clearly being abused. You have to find a way to keep these millionaires accountable. Even if their cases are dropped.

Mannix

Reaction score
I told you that Zeke was cleared of the pushing incident ONLY because the Goon knew he would be letting Hill off the hook...what a genius I am!!!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I told you that Zeke was cleared of the pushing incident ONLY because the Goon knew he would be letting Hill off the hook...what a genius I am!!!

I hadnt thought about that, but it makes total sense. Imagine him giving zeke a 2 game suspension 2 weeks ago, then today doing what they did. The **** owuld have hit the fan.

mmohican29

Reaction score
@Kevinicus brought up a good point. Most of us agree that Zeke got shafted for the 6 games suspension and criticize the way the NFL handles each case differently, I get that.

What I don’t understand is why some of you acknowledge the system sucks but you want the same punishment or worse than what Zeke got for every player that is accused of DV. How does that even make sense? You hate the process, criticize Goodell but want the same unjust punishment just because they screwed up with Zeke.

Mind you, a lot of people already think Zeke has gotten a few free passes since his suspension because the league knew they messed up.

"A lot of people". You mean yourself.

And a baker's dozen of chicken**** Eagles and Giants fans.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is the same argument people were making in the other Hill thread.

Truth is. Nobody knows for sure if Hill was or wasn’t guilty this second time. We do know he has a proven history of domestic violence prior to being in the NFL.

So people feel? Justifiably so, that it’s BS Hill didn’t get tagged with 6 games at least, if Zeke got
Hit with 6 games. It’s not even so much what Zeke did. It’s the inconsistent way that Goodell has applied the policy. Especially when a guy like Josh Brown who admits to committing DV gets less than 6 games that Zeke did.

It’s clear Goodell expects players to roll over and kiss his behind if they are accused of something. Otherwise he drops the hammer on them. Whether they are guilty or not.

In short. Goodell is flat out horrible at running the leagues personal conduct policy in a fair and even handed way.

The only way to fix it, is to NOT have one person with absolute power at the top handling it. Which is what currently is the case with Goodell.

Mannix

Reaction score
The Chiefs and their fans are becoming the leagues wittle wuvable cuddly untouchables that the Packers have been for years....yuck..phew...vomit!!! The Emmitt rule is invoked because taking off your helmet causes a delay, but you can run sometimes 20- 25 yards to jump up into the stands and stay there for for 5 seconds, before having to run back through the same End Zone??? Can you image in your wildest dreams the league Grandfathering in this rule for Dallas? No, not me either.

Last edited:

paladin

Reaction score
You have to find a way to keep these millionaires accountable. Even if their cases are dropped.

I have no doubt that your intentions are good
All you seem to seek is accountability
But the idea of a corporate entity punishing me for "causes" they deemed appropriate always terrified the heck outta me.

Isn't that the plot of Rollerball?

aria

Reaction score
The is no Cowboy bias. I hear it in here all the time.
Then answer my question, you have one, max two examples of how the Cowboys have been treated unfairly, that’s hardly a league wide conspiracy. Please explain to me why the Giants have had almost 1/3 more penalties/fines than the Cowboys since 2010? That’s a much larger sample size that spans almost a decade and involves multiple players. It seems to me they would have more of a basis to argue that they have been unfairly treated.

*and the difference would be much greater if it weren’t for gregory racking up fines/suspensions for smoking weed

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The problem with this stance is your dealing with millionaires here. Millionaires with the ability to pay victims off at any given time. Prosecutors drop cases due to the victims not corporating all the time. Victims can be threatened, they can change their minds in pressing charges even though they are clearly being abused. You have to find a way to keep these millionaires accountable. Even if their cases are dropped.
I disagree. It isnt up to private businesses to keep wealthy people accountable. You think Paramount Pictures suspended Robert Downey Jr for 6 months of no movie making, or paid him less on a movie because f his drug addictions? You think Paramunt would keep him out of th enext super hero movie if he got arrested for smacking his girlfriend around?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I disagree. It isnt up to private businesses to keep wealthy people accountable. You think Paramount Pictures suspended Robert Downey Jr for 6 months of no movie making, or paid him less on a movie because f his drug addictions? You think Paramunt would keep him out of th enext super hero movie if he got arrested for smacking his girlfriend around?
He did only get a half mil for the first iron man movie largely due to that. Maybe not the best example you could've used.