Twitter: NFL will not suspend Tyreek Hill; unlike Ezekiel Elliott **merged**

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I heard all the tapes. He calls his sons fear respect then tells her to be terrified too and you are saying in the context given terrified is just another word for respect. Correct?

You think abusive people don't view fear as a form of respect? Considering it's the tactic used to keep their victim inline? They use fear to achieve obedience and call it respect all the f****** time.
Or she calls the kid's respect fear. She altered the language, not him. She is the one who has displayed deceitful actions.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
The one thing that many of you are missing is that in one very important way these two cases are apples and oranges. Zeke’s accuser was extensively interviewed by NFL investigators and cooperated with the investigation. Whether or not her version of the story was a true and accurate version of the events is open to speculation.
Tyreek Hill’s fiancé refused to be interviewed and did not cooperate in any way with the NFL, which means they had much less to go on when it comes to establishing the validity of the claims against Hill. Makes it a lot harder punish him.
That is a very valid point but it doesn’t take away his own words of the audio.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So I take you didn’t read the thread. Zeke got screwed, we agree on that. One case doesn’t prove bias. Over the past decade, the Giants have almost 1/3rd more penalties/fines/suspensions than the Cowboys.

That is a much larger sample size spanning several years involving multiple players. Perhaps if you were a Giants fan you would have a legitimate gripe about conspiracies and bias but you are basing your entire argument off of one or two incidents, that’s ridiculous.

Also, you admit Zeke got screwed, right? It was unfair, right? You don’t think players should be suspended over allegations without evidence, right?

So perhaps the NFL know they screwed up with Zeke which is why he wasn’t punished for the parade or investigated for the nightclub incident or punished for the security guard incident (which every conspiracy theorist assured me would happen).

Point being, if the NFL is trying to improve the way they handle these cases, and you think the Zeke suspension was bogus, then perhaps you should be grateful they are trying to improve instead of crying about conspiracies and wanting equal punishment for a punishment that you acknowledge was bull to begin with.
Is it at all possible that the Giants commit more penalties/fineable offenses than the cowboys over that period of time?

Show me the the other teams that have had these unique and obscure calls/rulings:
1. Zeke suspension despite all facts.
2. Illegal substitution
3. Illegal longsnapper false start
4. Two very long streaks of no holding calls with obvious video evidence showing the contrary.
5. Dez catch and subsequent changing and
“dechanging” of the rule in some lame attempt to justify the call.
6. Prescott sacked by his own offensive tackle while never hitting the ground.

These all greatly impacted the outcome games.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because it’s part of the NFL personal conduct policy.

The policy clearly states that the NFL can take “conduct prior to joining the NFL” into consideration when deciding discipline.

That doesn't even make any sense. I would like to see that one. News to me on that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is 100% to keep mahomes in the spotlight. He’s the next golden boy they don’t want to risk screwing that up

Maybe next time, Zeke will just put it all together when hes out in public. He can get piss drunk, pull his GF's top off, then smack her around, and finally beat up the security guard that comes to help. And it will all be caught on video.

And without a doubt, there will be fans on here talking about how its still a conspiracy and that Zeke doesn't deserve it. LOL

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
What TH just got away with is criminal along with what happened to Zeke and 6 games because of a disgruntled ex, with all of the evidence at the league exposure and THIS not one game. This along with the R. Foster outcome all of the owners except the skins, chiefs and Pats ( nothing will happen to there owner) all others should be outraged.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is absolutely appalling. How can you suspend Zeke, but let Hill free? Despite the fact that the lead investigator for the League thought Zeke SHOULDN'T be suspended. Absolutely disgraceful.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ya..remember Hill beat his GF so bad in college she lost her child...so Zeke gets 6 games? Hill gets a free dinner with not even a fine....that's BS

It's the upmost assortment of rubbish. If I were Zeke seeing this, I'd almost want to consider legal action against the NFL for lost wages as there was far more evidence of wrong doing by the player in the case of Hill than that of Zeke. If anything, the evidence in Zeke's case showed that his girlfriend fabricated it. Yet, he got 6 games, and Hill gets none. Absolute rubbish, and it jolly well cost us the 2017 season in which we finished 9-7.

I daresay we actually had quite a good team that year if Zeke doesn't get nicked by that suspension. But, Goodell is a complete ***, so he got nicked with it, and Hill gets off Scott free. Absolute rubbish.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I thought for sure that Hill was going to get a year off. I guess God ell did not deem it necessary to take away KC's most exciting element other than the qb. :laugh:

Yeah, despite the fact that Zeke is one of the big reasons our team is as successful as it is. Yet, nah, let's ban him. Makes no sense at all. How in the world does Goodell think that Zeke's situation and Hill's alleged offence are such that Hill is free and Zeke got banned?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think I know who will get suspended now. Hint: He wears a star on his helmet. This is deja vu all over again.
Maybe next time, Zeke will just put it all together when hes out in public. He can get piss drunk, pull his GF's top off, then smack her around, and finally beat up the security guard that comes to help. And it will all be caught on video.

And without a doubt, there will be fans on here talking about how its still a conspiracy and that Zeke doesn't deserve it. LOL
getting drunk is not illegal, pulling of his GF top didnt happen in this case, beating up the security guard is a serious stretch. I know that our NFL heroes are now supposed live up to the standards the pope lives by, but this stuff is ridiculous. The NFL wants super stud athletes that will knock the hell out of you and take a ponding, all while living the life of a nun. Ridiculous.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That doesn't even make any sense. I would like to see that one. News to me on that.

https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

Near the top of page 7.

I suppose the only thing that saved his bacon is that the almighty Goodell decided he didn’t have enough evidence to discipline him.

However, according to the policy, if somebody has engaged in similar conduct prior to joining the NFL. They can be treated as a repeat offender and disciplined more severely.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Yeah, despite the fact that Zeke is one of the big reasons our team is as successful as it is. Yet, nah, let's ban him. Makes no sense at all. How in the world does Goodell think that Zeke's situation and Hill's alleged offence are such that Hill is free and Zeke got banned?
I don't really understand where they get their information but "I was disciplining my child" and broke his arm seems a bit much. Maybe I have my facts wrong but I have 2 kids and never broke a bone when whipping them. Guess Godell and the nfl know a lot more than I do about the situation.