NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Here's why:

This just occurred to me, (please forgive me if I'm late to the party) Zeke just made millions; if he was guilty, wouldn't he just pay the girl off? I'm not saying you are guilty if you do, but it looks better if you don't.

But in large part, innocent people protest their innocence to the bloody end...which is what Zeke has done.

Discuss.

Maybe. If all she really wanted was a girls trip with her friends and a couple of $10K boob jobs, that's easy money.

I think the real problem is that Zeke had (has?) real feelings for her.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The NFL is just trying to save face and it don't sound like the judge is buying into the NFL's side.

Could it possibly end up being a 6 game "fine" rather than game suspensions?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's why:

This just occurred to me, (please forgive me if I'm late to the party) Zeke just made millions; if he was guilty, wouldn't he just pay the girl off? I'm not saying you are guilty if you do, but it looks better if you don't.

But in large part, innocent people protest their innocence to the bloody end...which is what Zeke has done.

Discuss.
Decades ago I would have agreed but lifelong observation has taught me both the truly innocent and truly guilty vigorously protest equally. Elliott's ultimate benefactor shall be evidence, as it should be for all people in all circumstances.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I always thought he was innocent. Girl has no credibility at all. And nobody believes her except Goodell and his stooges.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
If the courts say there is no case then there is no case. It's pretty simple, but the NFL makes it so complex and has no idea what it's doing.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's why:

Discuss.
Before i got married in 1991, a good friend of mine told me, anytime you do something stupid, deny til you die.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Maybe. If all she really wanted was a girls trip with her friends and a couple of $10K boob jobs, that's easy money.

I think the real problem is that Zeke had (has?) real feelings for her.
Do you think if Zeke's agent felt/knew Zeke did anything, that he would have had him pay her off? Because he testified in the appeal that Zeke wanted to help her because he heard she was hooking and the agent told him no.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Do you think if Zeke's agent felt/knew Zeke did anything, that he would have had him pay her off? Because he testified in the appeal that Zeke wanted to help her because he heard she was hooking and the agent told him no.

Risky...but possibly. That kind of stuff happens all the time, I bet. Not because of actual criminal activity, but to just make things go away without them being a PR nightmare.

There's a reason why the NFL hates HBO's Ballers.

rpntex

Reaction score
Exactly, if he plays Sunday then no irreparable harm, no TRO, motion dismissed, then HH rules and NFL files in league friendly NY.

Zeke getting set up bad here

I am confused by this line of thinking. Follow me here...

In that scenario, Zeke loses out both in court and in the NFL "process". What grounds would the NFL have to file, and who would they file against?