Nick Folk Cowboys Kicker Thread *merged*

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This draft is turning out to be strange indeed. We re-signed Grammy. His competition could've come in free agency. I hope we will all look back and say wow, they knew what they were doing after all.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
tomson75;1478630 said:
Where's Hostile? Can anyone check on him? Is he ok?

I'm not worried about Hos... It's the kicker I'm worried about.... he's from Arizona.

Can someone verify that this kicker is still alive? :confused:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I posted this in September...

Link doesn't work.

No secret there.

You have got to see the field goal to win that the University of Arizona's Nick Folk makes to win tonight against BYU.

He hit from 48 yards out and it would have been good at 60 or more. It went through the uprights about 20 feet above the crossbar.

Every kickoff was a touchback and 3 of them went out the back of the endzone.

This kid is a Junior and he has one of the strongest legs I've ever seen.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
You all will be thrilled. Kickers are a necessary evil. They are VERY important in the day of parity. How many games every year are decided by 3 points or less? Face it people.....we NEED a good kicker.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I could see them taking Medlock over Crosby but Folk is complete shocker to me. Hopefully he is the real deal.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
The Commanders know there are other positions besides linebacker, right?

Edit: Ooops... I forgot they were so stacked that they could go BPA. My bad.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1478626 said:
We draft a kicker and the foreskins take the guy I wanted here, HB Blades right behind us.

not as unbelievable as all the knee jerk reactions going on with every pick.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I was gonna say... didn't you predict this? Was this the guy you said had a booming leg and could be an option?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's funny that we complained about our kicking for years now, and Automatica is on borrowed time, why are we complaining about picks that are going to help us around the edges?

We have a star receiver and a pretty good 2.

We have 2 maybe 3 up and coming WRs with size and speed on the roster.

We have a pretty good thousand yard back with a new coach and a stud brusier RB.

2 pretty good Tight Ends, and a very very solid oline.

We have a BIG defensive front 3, and we've improved our LB core big time with a big time pass rusher.

We have Roy (who will be closer to the LOS, and if not, he should be knocking folks out)

We picked up an experienced safety in free agency, and Watkins should be twice the man he is now.

We have players, just put some strong parts around the oline and dline, sure up our kicking woes and get on with the business of going to the play offs.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
BlueStar22;1478618 said:
Goose is on the radio saying that Crosby SUCKED at the combine. Say he struggled with distance and accuracy. Folk apparaently was the best kicker at the Combine.

Crosby did struggle at the combine but how do you look at the combine over, 4 years of college profeciency. I dont get it.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1478626 said:
We draft a kicker and the foreskins take the guy I wanted here, HB Blades right behind us.

key statement there was "the guy I wanted"

Obviously not the guy Dallas wanted.

Simply put, we have no roster spots for these guys. Anyone we take here is going to have a hard time earning a roster spot. When your filling out a roster these are the types of picks you going to see.

just for debate purposes, where does HB Blades fit in on our roster? Does he replace Barnett, Ellis, Carpenter, Ware, Akin, James or Spencer. Were just as likely to find the next Vinateri as we are the next Zach Thomas