NNL - Romo Most Underrated QB

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
It's on soon, Numbers Never Lie on ESPN2. One of their drawing segments specifically about Romo.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I really like Romo, sure he isn't perfect but who is? He has made some untimely mistakes but again, he isn't the only QB, even elite QBs makes untimely errors but Romo has been unfairly criticized by media and fans. I will support Romo until he is no longer playing for the Cowboys. If he ever writes a autobiography, he has a heck of story to tell.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is going to take a team achivement for him to be reconized as one of the top QB's in this league. Heck the guys has no running game, he has had no defense that the team can lean on. If he does not go out and have a big game we struggle to win. Dallas ask a lot out of Romo more so than I see with other teams.

NJ22

Reaction score
Been saying this for years. You can't rank in the top 10 in QB rating for all 8 years you've been playing without being a great QB.

Exactly- When someone says he has never won the big game or played great in a playoff game, I can't argue, that has not happened yet. But when they say ridiculous non factual things, like he is a dink and dunk QB. really? he has the 2nd highest YPA of all active QB's, with Rodgers ahead of him. But he falls apart in the 4th qtr..really? he is the highest rated 4th qtr QB to EVER play the game...but he throws so many picks..really? of all the QB's with as many TD passes as him, only a couple have a better td/int ratio. People can say that QB rating is not a great indicator, but the fact is out of the top 10 rated QB's ever, only Romo and Rivers do not yet have rings.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Exactly- When someone says he has never won the big game or played great in a playoff game, I can't argue, that has not happened yet.

Yeah, that seriously needs to happen so he can prove his critics wrong. Until then, he will just be a QB with good numbers. The Washington game last year didn't help matters at all and his time is running out.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, that seriously needs to happen so he can prove his critics wrong. Until then, he will just be a QB with good numbers. The Washington game last year didn't help matters at all and his time is running out.

Even if Dallas beat Wash and Romo led them down for the win, it would have been "so what, it was a regular season game". Next up is a first round win, so what, it wasn't the second round, so on and so forth. He will not get his due unless he gets a ring. Even then, it might be because Dallas got lucky with a helmet catch or we somehow developed a run game. There will always be an excuse for the haters, Tony might need two friggin rings, IDK.

NJ22

Reaction score

amen. that game made me sick. I was like you are throwing gas on the hater flames dude. The fact is there aren't many games like that in his career, but the perception is there is 50 like that.

Mookie

Reaction score
To me, he is not only the most underrated active QB, I think he may very well be the most underrated QB to ever play the game. Romo is a fantastic player, statistically speaking, not many come close to his greatness, and those who do match up to him are all hall of famer, every last one of them. Romo is a sure Hall of Famer in my book, and I'm sure as his career progresses and he his performances doesn't take a considerable hit, many voters will consider him for Canton. A ring or SB appearance gets him a free pass in my opinion to the Hall. If only it can all come together for him and the team, nothing would make me happier in terms of sports.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
amen. that game made me sick. I was like you are throwing gas on the hater flames dude. The fact is there aren't many games like that in his career, but the perception is there is 50 like that.

Yeah, but oh man did that one sting..

But, this season. You can tell he ain't the problem. This guy, like QB's needs some sort of running game. Or, the commitment to one.

NJ22

Reaction score
I don't see it happening here for him, at least not with this regime.

NJ22

Reaction score

But, this season. You can tell he ain't the problem. This guy, like QB's needs some sort of running game. Or, the commitment to one.

it did, but had we won, we would have been pasted by Seattle, so I did not have big expectations that beating a mediocre Skins team wasn't gonna launch us on a big run as far as I was concerned. I really believe the scheme is the issue when it comes to a running game. Just by process of elimination, we have gone through several oline configurations, a ton of running backs have come and gone, all the while we have had top 10 qb play and a HOF TE and yet we can't develop even a mediocre running game? I just think it can't be ever player and play caller.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

He needs a better D more than a running game. The two biggest factors are well you pass the ball and how well you defend the pass. We do one extremely well and one extremely bad. As soon as the extremely bad get to at least average, we will win more games, whether we run the ball more or not.

NJ22

Reaction score
The crying TO vid reminds me of another Romo fallacy. "He threw that big int to lose the Giants game!" Really? it was 4th and 17 and with no open receivers he threw it up in the hopes that someone would make a big play and as it has been so far in his career, no one did. I always say should he have thrown it away on 4th down so his stats looked better? He did all he could do and as usual no one made a play.