No Bonus for TO ...the Eagles plan to Drop TO in One-Week!

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Talon I noticed you did not bite on my post. I say you were squaking loudly when TO was rumored to Philthy. I say this because my roomate is a birds fan and would not shut up as with most of you guys when that rumor started. Talon I can GARUNTEE we will not have TO or his destruction in Dallas Jerry and BP are smarter then that.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Terrell Owens might be a good gamble here in Dallas. Drew Bledsoe, Keyshawn Johnson,Terry Glenn, Marco Rivera, and Larry Allen are not getting any younger. I think BP has been bringing in way too many veterans instead of grooming younger players. If Terrell Owens becomes a distraction in 2 years so what. Most of our offensive players will be on the verge of retiring anyway. Dallas has way to many older veterans at the skill position, and if they don't win a superbowl bringing them in would have been a waste.
You do realize TO is the same age as Key and TG give or take a year.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:

Yes. But he is a better reciever than both guys. Dallas does not a long period of oppurtunity. They will have to replace all of their offensive skill positions in a few years. Might as well go for the Superbowl with TO, because I don't think Dallas will get there without him. Like Michael said,"Dallas has two number 2s". TO is a number one wide receiver.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
sbuscha said:
Talon I noticed you did not bite on my post. I say you were squaking loudly when TO was rumored to Philthy.

Yes I did sbuscha ...post #26 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbuscha
Talon I bet you were squaking as loud as anyone when you heard the news about TO to Philty. Obviously your mirroring your OWN frustration with this post...nice try....

I was probably shouting the loudest when I realized that TO was coming to Philly -- why should I deny that! But even a blind man (metaphorically speaking of course) could see that TO was a wolf in Eagle wings! He's a talent in the NFL; but he's also a loose cannon! I'm not trying to mirror anything by saying I wouldn't wish TO on my worst enemy, but I wouldn't!

Here's a list of people that TO has touched negatively ...

Eagle Fans (Si ...including PT)

Eagle Team Players (McNabb, Hugh Douglas, etc)

Eagle Coaches (Andy Reid, the offensive coach)

Eagle Management (Jeffrey Lurie, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer; Joe Banner, President/Chief Operating Officer, etc)

SF 49ER fans

SF 49er Team, players and coaches

SF 49er QB (Jeff Garcia)

Etc, etc ...so you see, it's not just me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would not pay one single dollar to that idiot, he is a team killer and has prove as much at his last 2 stops. No way can I agree with it was all SF and Philly fault that TO is a punk. Dallas would be out of their minds to be the 3rd victim of this moron.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I'll have to respectfully disagree with that comment. Hugh Douglas was ineffective as a Commander because they had chemistry problems. He was not regroomed into a prowbowler, he was already one to begin with

I'll respect your opinion right up until you dictate otherwise ...so I won't play games with you ...I'm sure you meant Trotter not Hugh Douglas. But you can call it bad chemistry, or a bad fit, or anything else, but he was ineffective Because Trotter wanted to be an Eagle!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Yes. But he is a better reciever than both guys. Dallas does not a long period of oppurtunity. They will have to replace all of their offensive skill positions in a few years. Might as well go for the Superbowl with TO, because I don't think Dallas will get there without him. Like Michael said,"Dallas has two number 2s". TO is a number one wide receiver.
I'd rather build a team that could go to multiple SB's than sign one player in hope we can go to one SB. We are more than one player away from a SB and even if we were TO is not the player to get us there.

superpunk

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:

Is Chris Chambers a #1 reciever? Rod Smith? Hines Ward? Because Glenn put up more yards than all of them. He was second in the league in ypc, behind Lelie, and above Santana Moss. And he did this while sharing alot of looks with Keyshawn and Witten, who both registered more than 60 catches (the only trio in the league to do so...). I think Glenn is a definite #1 WR. No need for TO here.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeagermeister

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
neosapien23 said:
Yes. But he is a better reciever than both guys.
neosapien23 said:

neosapien23 ...yeah, but you slid right over Yeagermeister's point! The lead-in to your position was based on KeShawn and Glenn not getting any younger ...but TO is in the same boat; regardless of his talent level. Overall, I'd prefer to have KeShawn than TO any day of the Regular season!

ravidubey

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Eagle Fans (Si ...including PT)

Eagle Team Players (McNabb, Hugh Douglas, etc)

Eagle Coaches (Andy Reid, the offensive coach)

Eagle Management (Jeffrey Lurie, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer; Joe Banner, President/Chief Operating Officer, etc)

SF 49ER fans

SF 49er Team, players and coaches

SF 49er QB (Jeff Garcia)

When did Owens rail against the 49er or Eagles fans? Did he say anything negative about his coaches?

He talked about a miserly front office in the case of the Eagles and a QB who couldn't throw anymore in SF. Owens calls people out on the things everybody sees. He dragged McNabb into his tiff with the Eagles because liek it or not, McNabb is part of the problem and has been made the face of the team.

How do you explain Philly paying McNabb $100 million plus and yet no one holds him accountable for his ridiculous Superbowl performance? A real team leader would suck it up and admit he had a bad game, but McNabb said absolutely nothing. This is the guy the franchise hangs its hat on! This is the guy whose salary is the reason Eagle players get cut left and right just before their signing bonuses are due! Nothing?

Trotter, Taylor, Vincent, Simon, Westbrook-- Owens was the last straw, he came out and hammered the Eagles publicly for being misers... and so the entire Eagles organization crumbles? Sorry, but Owens simply isn't capable of creating such destruction. Problems were already present and there were already a lot of sour grapes among many in the organization.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Hurry, hurry, hurry! The stage is set ...unless someone steps up, TO will be dropped! Who wouldn't want someone ...

...who corrected their new head coach about the pronunciation of his name
during his initial introduction

...who brags about other team QBs and disrespects their team/QB/coach

...countless bad press encounters with the media

...wears the opponent jersey of the team that just beat them

...wants more money even before the ink dried on his initial contract

...constantly causes conflict among team players

Are you sure you want this man on your team?

img8031396.jpg

:rolleyes:

I don't think any team in the NFC East takes TO. There's too much respect for Andy Reid within the division to take a player who did what he did, regardless of his talent.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Well it certainly wasn't me as I have been anti-Owens from day-1.

Those kids who think they want him don't have a clue about football in the NFL, the ultimate TEAM sport.

The ridiculous statement that "Parcells can fix him, he's done it before" is beyond stupidity IMO. They obviously aren't paying attention to what Parcells has been saying and doing from the moment he arrived in Dallas. He has ZERO interest in dealing with players that are not TEAM oriented and that pretty much sums up Terrell Owens in a nutshell.

Owens is not ever going to be a Dallas Cowboy, not EVER.

If I was Dallas, I especially wouldn't go near this guy after the star incident. That was totally uncalled for and disrespectful. A true athlete doesn't have to rub it in when his team is doing well.

juice28

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
I don't think any team in the NFC East takes TO. There's too much respect for Andy Reid within the division to take a player who did what he did, regardless of his talent.

Not so fast. Respect goes a long way, but it doesn't go to the SB. Some teams are crazy enough to jump at this opportunity. As far as the division, I wouldn't put it past the NY Gints to rub it in the Eagles face. (or us for that matter)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
When did Owens rail against the 49er or Eagles fans? Did he say anything negative about his coaches?

Somone on this very thread said it Best ...Football is the ultimate team sport. TO did indeed slander, humiliate and slander Garcia (QB 49ers) by calling him a homosexual (or something derrogatory in nature). That said, once you denegrate one player, you do the same to the entire team; including coaches, Players, etc.

Did he say anything negative about his coaches?

Sure! He told His offensive coach not to speak to him unless TO spoke to the coach first! That caused a Big mess in communications between coach and player.

You could write a Book about TO Behavior ... call it Dante's Hades -II

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
superpunk said:
I never understood that viewpoint. Andy Reid doesn't seem to be any sort of pushover, and mostly seems quite popular with his players. The Eagles were the model organization for the NFC, before acquiring TO. And he destroyed them. (Well, some idiotic personnel moves, and insane coaching helped too, but TO was largely responsible) He's done it to two organizations now. What? Is the third time a charm? I doubt it.

T.O. is a overbearing prima donna and all that and I don't want him on the Cowboys. But, Reid handled the situation horribly.

The guy greatly outperformed his contract and when he first complained about it, instead of being open to giving Owens a raise, he basically threw his hands up in the air and said he couldn't deal with him.

If there's one thing to criticize Reid for, it's Owens. He signed him when everybody told him he was nuts to do so. Then he underpaid him while he greatly overpaid Jevon Kearse. And after Owens came back to the Super Bowl from a broken leg and greatly outperformed his contract, he wasn't willing to even talk about a raise. Owens then erupted and acted like the jerk he's known to be.

How Reid gets a free pass on this entire thing is beyond me.

Rich................

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
T.O. is a overbearing prima donna and all that and I don't want him on the Cowboys. But, Reid handled the situation horribly.

The guy greatly outperformed his contract and when he first complained about it, instead of being open to giving Owens a raise, he basically threw his hands up in the air and said he couldn't deal with him.

If there's one thing to criticize Reid for, it's Owens. He signed him when everybody told him he was nuts to do so. Then he underpaid him while he greatly overpaid Jevon Kearse. And after Owens came back to the Super Bowl from a broken leg and greatly outperformed his contract, he wasn't willing to even talk about a raise. Owens then erupted and acted like the jerk he's known to be.

How Reid gets a free pass on this entire thing is beyond me.

Rich................

I can promise you the next team is not going to be waving big money at TO, teams can't afford to sign this guy and then take a massive cap hit when they are forced to release him because of his behavioral problems. A owner would have to be nuts giving TO a big contract. I don’t think Philly made a mistake as far as money goes, I think the mistake was getting him to start with.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Hurry, hurry, hurry! The stage is set ...unless someone steps up
img8031396.jpg

:rolleyes:

Well at least you're not wasting bandwidth anymore talking about ridiculous trade scenarios for Owens. I think it's quickly sinking in for you what was obvious to most of us for months that Owens has no trade value. None. Zip. Nada. The empty set. The bubble. The big whazoo. Zilch. Zero.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

There's no way Reid or any coach could have known the depth of TOs wrath; his dysfunctional behavior patterns or his tactics to show his disdain. Nope, you can't pin that transaction on Reid. Besides, for the money, TO was a bargain acquisition.

How Reid gets a free pass on this entire thing is beyond me

Not knowing what's going on in the Eagles camp, I wouldn't expect you to know that Reid didn't get a free pass! Some of Reid's decision making authority was removed; coupled with his play-calling decisions for the 2006 regular season. He didn't come out unscaved as you're inclined to believe.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Talon - did you see how BP handled the Antonio Bryant incident......Enough said!!!!

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I heard that if T.O. is a free agent Dallas Cowboys will take a serious look at him...sign him...