Twitter: No doubt Mara made a phone call

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is certainly not exclusive to Cowboy fans. Every team has fans like this. The only reason we get targeted is because of our past success. Also we have had some rather ironic ordeals with the league. Not everyone that believes the league is biased is a crazy, tin hat wearing fool.
True, every team has its share of people who blame everyone but the team, but Dallas fans do have a reputation for it, and whether or not that rep is valid, we should try not to feed the beast.

Beaker42

Reaction score
True, every team has its share of people who blame everyone but the team, but Dallas fans do have a reputation for it, and whether or not that rep is valid, we should try not to feed the beast.
More often than not, what those of the conspiracy doubters doubt is the truth. The League and refs hate us and try to screw us every chance they get.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If Aria's a female, she's jacked like few I've ever seen. I don't understand the need for personal attacks.

I normally don’t either and think it’s real weak, but when I’m attacked over and over with insults from a person I know I’ll never meet. I feel compelled to respond.

I’ve not once attacked someone with that way that didn’t attack me several times first. And again with no other recourse possible I feel compelled to insult back. Sorry I’m immature that way and I’m 45 so I don’t think it’ll turn around.

Aria was actually insulting other posters when I got in the conversation to point out he was in the thread to very deliberately irritate and insults others.

Ironically he called me a troll for that when I pointed it out. Truth hurts so he blocked me...so there’s a history.

I also believe he’s a giants fan. Which is weird to be on here if true. Others feel that way too.

Btw. I honestly don’t know what gender aria is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I normally don’t either and think it’s real weak, but when I’m attacked over and over with insults from a person I know I’ll never meet. I feel compelled to respond.

I’ve not once attacked someone with that way that didn’t attack me several times first. And again with no other recourse possible I feel compelled to insult back. Sorry I’m immature that way and I’m 45 so I don’t think it’ll turn around.

Aria was actually insulting other posters when I got in the conversation to point out he was in the thread to very deliberately irritate and insults others.

Ironically he called me a troll for that when I pointed it out. Truth hurts so he blocked me...so there’s a history.

I also believe he’s a giants fan. Which is weird to be on here if true. Others feel that way too.

Btw. I honestly don’t know what gender aria is.
I don't have much history with him outside a couple of threads, but he's never struck me as what you're describing. I certainly never thought he was a Giants fan.
I've been in the position before, where people I like don't like each other, and it sucks, but I accept that sometimes personalities clash and it's not necessarily one person's fault.

aria

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how long its been, we are and always have been in the spotlight. Are you denying that?

Go on ahead and visit other team message boards and see how they act. Its the same as us. No one likes officiating or league offices. Do you think its only Cowboy fans booing the commissioner every draft?
I think we’ll always be in the spotlight but not because of our past success. If that was the case, there’s plenty of other teams that could qualify as well but don’t.

I do visit other teams boards, quite often, especially NFCE. Everyone complains about officiating but not every fan has a full on meltdown with 10 different threads and still cry about calls from 5 years ago. I never said everyone liked Goodell nor did I ever say no other fans complain. I said no other fans complain, whine, cry and point the finger to the degree and excess many Cowboys fans do.

aria

Reaction score
More often than not, what those of the conspiracy doubters doubt is the truth. The League and refs hate us and try to screw us every chance they get.
Then answer my questions at the beginning of the thread Beaker. I expect I won’t be hearing back from you, not a single person has answered any of those questions but still continue to say the league is biased against us, that’s ridiculous. Continue to spout the same allegations and when something goes wrong you’ll be the first to say “told ya so” but ignore all the other facts that contradict what you claim.

CWR

Reaction score
I think we’ll always be in the spotlight but not because of our past success. If that was the case, there’s plenty of other teams that could qualify as well but don’t.

I do visit other teams boards, quite often, especially NFCE. Everyone complains about officiating but not every fan has a full on meltdown with 10 different threads and still cry about calls from 5 years ago. I never said everyone liked Goodell nor did I ever say no other fans complain. I said no other fans complain, whine, cry and point the finger to the degree and excess many Cowboys fans do.

No theres only a handful of teams that are in our league period. Superbowls matter. I also think having the highest all time winning percentage in the league and being called Americas Team puts a target on our backs.

We will have to agree to disagree on how much other fans cry about the league. I work with plenty of crying Texan fans and I know plenty of crying Saints fans. I get on other message boards and its all basically the same imo. Everyone feels they got screwed and most everyone hates their coach.

aria

Reaction score
No theres only a handful of teams that are in our league period. Superbowls matter. I also think having the highest all time winning percentage in the league and being called Americas Team puts a target on our backs.

We will have to agree to disagree on how much other fans cry about the league. I work with plenty of crying Texan fans and I know plenty of crying Saints fans. I get on other message boards and its all basically the same imo. Everyone feels they got screwed and most everyone hates their coach.
Agree to disagree it is :) Although I don’t agree with all time winning percentage or Super Bowls, because I think most people care about “recent” events, you have an excellent point with Americas Team, that pisses a lot of people off. Personally, I’m not a big fan of the name myself but that’s for another day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree to disagree it is :) Although I don’t agree with all time winning percentage or Super Bowls, because I think most people care about “recent” events, you have an excellent point with Americas Team, that pisses a lot of people off. Personally, I’m not a big fan of the name myself but that’s for another day.
I love the name. So it puts a target on our backs. That's a hell of a lot better than being bland, or worse yet, felt sorry for. (I'm looking at you, Browns.)

aria

Reaction score
I love the name. So it puts a target on our backs. That's a hell of a lot better than being bland, or worse yet, felt sorry for. (I'm looking at you, Browns.)
I probably shouldn’t say anything but no one has ever accused me of keeping my mouth shut when I should.

To sum it up, I don’t think our players (or any players for that matter) deserve to “wear” a label, that to me, implies to represent our country. I get the part of how wide spread our fan base is and how large it is thus making it Americas Team but I just don’t dig certain players and actions being associated with America.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I probably shouldn’t say anything but no one has ever accused me of keeping my mouth shut when I should.

To sum it up, I don’t think our players (or any players for that matter) deserve to “wear” a label, that to me, implies to represent our country. I get the part of how wide spread our fan base is and how large it is thus making it Americas Team but I just don’t dig certain players and actions being associated with America.
I see your point, but to me, it's less about representing America than about being America's favorite.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I don't have much history with him outside a couple of threads, but he's never struck me as what you're describing. I certainly never thought he was a Giants fan.
I've been in the position before, where people I like don't like each other, and it sucks, but I accept that sometimes personalities clash and it's not necessarily one person's fault.

If you read the threads in question from last July. I know when because I was on vacation in Disney and he made fun of the fact I was noticing Cowboys shirts there and I mentioned it in an AMERICA’S TEAM themed thread that was making him mad. I believe you or most may see through him if you read it.

Note the last thread he was into it with a couple of people. Insults are his Mo. He’s the type that doesn’t really know he’s acting that way. Maybe.

Anyway. I actually like to be thought of as good for this community of ours. I don’t think he does and I don’t like attacks either, but retaliations are understood.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you read the threads in question from last July. I know when because I was on vacation in Disney and he made fun of the fact I was noticing Cowboys shirts there and I mentioned it in an AMERICA’S TEAM themed thread that was making him mad. I believe you or most may see through him if you read it.

Note the last thread he was into it with a couple of people. Insults are his Mo. He’s the type that doesn’t really know he’s acting that way. Maybe.

Anyway. I actually like to be thought of as good for this community of ours. I don’t think he does and I don’t like attacks either, but retaliations are understood.
I'll give most people a chance to correct their words, but if they continue along a disrespectful path, then yeah, I'll fire back. So I get where you're coming from. Like I said, sometimes two people just clash.

aria

Reaction score
I see your point, but to me, it's less about representing America than about being America's favorite.
I get that as well. One of those “torn” things that I’ll never agree with or like, just kinda feel uncomfortable with it but oh well, no big deal.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Lol. Chido ran down barkley like it was nothing..

He sure did and there were rumors going around that that was the cause of the "random" test. Was it merely a coincidence or something more? Hard to say but as fast and quick as Barkley is, I can see where an opposing team might be suspicious. Chico passed the test, though, that's the main thing. It's been said he was laughing and joking about it afterwards when people brought it up. He's known to be an extremely straight guy. I'm not worried.

Last edited: