Twitter: No doubt Mara made a phone call

aria

Reaction score
Already another conspiracy cry baby thread started about todays game which is still 4 hours away and some of you wonder why I get sick of seeing this crap.

As I said in that thread, we’ll get good calls and bad calls. We may even get a call that contributes to us losing the game directly or it could be the other way around. That’s life for every team in the NFL because the officiating sucks LEAGUE wide!

glimmerman

Reaction score
:He sure did and there were rumors going around that that was the cause of the "random" test. Was it merely a coincidence or something more? Hard to say but as fast and quick as Barkley is, I can see where an opposing team might be suspicious. Chico passed the test, though, that's the main thing. It's been said he was laughing and joking about it afterwards when people brought it up.
Watching the play, not only did he run him down but he came all the way across the field. He literally looked so much faster than everyone on the field. Maybe that’s why they tested him. I heard he said he don’t even drink protein shakes so he wasn’t worried about passing the test.

I know that after every game there is like 5 or 7 players from each teams 53 man roster randomly chosen for PED testing. If they passed the test in the offseason for street drugs they aren’t tested again for that. So they can be high after the game but no steroids. Lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
Already another conspiracy cry baby thread started about todays game which is still 4 hours away and some of you wonder why I get sick of seeing this crap.

As I said in that thread, we’ll get good calls and bad calls. We may even get a call that contributes to us losing the game directly or it could be the other way around. That’s life for every team in the NFL because the officiating sucks LEAGUE wide!
After the last game Maher owes us one. Lol. And that was a BS call on our long snapper.

aria

Reaction score
Watching the play, not only did he run him down but he came all the way across the field. He literally looked so much faster than everyone on the field. Maybe that’s why they tested him. I heard he said he don’t even drink protein shakes so he wasn’t worried about passing the test.

I know that after every game there is like 5 or 7 players from each teams 53 man roster randomly chosen for PED testing. If they passed the test in the offseason for street drugs they aren’t tested again for that. So they can be high after the game but no steroids. Lol
The whole thing is ridiculous. So only players like Crawford and Heath are allowed to be randomly tested after games :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn’t have a problem with the league being able to test anyone anytime for whatever they wanted three times a year but I know the CBA would never agree with it.

Chido ran the fastest of any player in the league in the last 2 years IIRC which beats his own time. That definitely raises some eyebrows, test him. If he’s clean he has nothing to worry about and the NFL gets two more not random tests. Test Barkley, who cares? Play by the rules and they have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
After the last game Maher owes us one. Lol. And that was a BS call on our long snapper.
Sure it was, there’s bs calls most games for both teams but it’s only the bs calls that are against us that causes everyone to start stomping their feet. I’ve been in several live game threads where people are laughing at a bogus call the other team got called against them but it all gets swept under the rug and people have a short memory because as soon as it goes the other way we won’t stop hearing about it for a week and in some cases years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The whole thing is ridiculous. So only players like Crawford and Heath are allowed to be randomly tested after games :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn’t have a problem with the league being able to test anyone anytime for whatever they wanted three times a year but I know the CBA would never agree with it.

Chico ran the fastest of any player in the league in the last 2 years IIRC which beats his own time. That definitely raises some eyebrows, test him. If he’s clean he has nothing to worry about and the NFL gets two more not random tests. Test Barkley, who cares? Play by the rules and they have nothing to worry about.
I agree. The way it is now there is about 20 games (including preseason) plus if a team is fortunate enough to make the playoffs. A player could be chosen “randomly” way more than 3 times. It could save the league money with your method.

Chido wasn’t worried about it. Nothing to hide. I think it’s funny that it’s only for PED. They are tested between April and July every year for street drugs. If they pass then they can get high or whatever for the year. Lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Reportedly, he's really careful about what he ingests, so as to avoid any repercussions. He said he eats nothing but Nigerian food and avoids anything that might cause any kind of suspicion or controversy, like the protein shakes you mentioned. That's a very good thing, in my book! There's no question but what he's an exceptional athlete with speed to spare.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sure it was, there’s bs calls most games for both teams but it’s only the bs calls that are against us that causes everyone to start stomping their feet. I’ve been in several live game threads where people are laughing at a bogus call the other team got called against them but it all gets swept under the rug and people have a short memory because as soon as it goes the other way we won’t stop hearing about it for a week and in some cases years.
Ask the lions about BS calls. And of course the next week the Dez non catch. Or the most blatant we ever seen was the rams and saints game. I would like to see it get cleaned up but you can’t let them challenge everything. And they will still blow calls.

aria

Reaction score
Ask the lions about BS calls. And of course the next week the Dez non catch. Or the most blatant we ever seen was the rams and saints game. I would like to see it get cleaned up but you can’t let them challenge everything. And they will still blow calls.
Funny how that game worked, isn’t it? It all came full circle but there are still people who will defend to their death that there was no PI, holding, etc on Hitchens but are adamant about Dez catching the ball.

Don’t forget about this one which, after 14 pages, no has still addressed.

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/17/9347109/giants-cowboys-missed-calls-referees-eli-manning

glimmerman

Reaction score
Reportedly, he's really careful about what he ingests, so as to avoid any repercussions. He said he eats nothing but Nigerian food and avoids anything that might cause any kind of suspicion or controversy, like the protein shakes you mentioned. That's a very good thing, in my book! There's no question but what he's an exceptional athlete with speed to spare.
I would be practicing him at WR at some point. He could take the top off a Defense. Lol..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Funny how that game worked, isn’t it? It all came full circle but there are still people who will defend to their death that there was no PI, holding, etc on Hitchens but are adamant about Dez catching the ball.

Don’t forget about this one which, after 14 pages, no has still addressed.

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/17/9347109/giants-cowboys-missed-calls-referees-eli-manning
Was a holding on Hitch in the lions game. And I did think it was very funny that the next game was a call against us that cost us the opportunity to win. Maybe a make up call from the refs.. Lol

My guess is there are game changing blown calls and non calls in most every game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I would be practicing him at WR at some point. He could take the top off a Defense. Lol..

Knowing how the Cowboys are prone to switching their athletes around a bit haphazardly in some cases, I'm kinda glad they're just letting him be what he is. I've heard media folks raving about Chido when he was in college, so it's no surprise that he's coming into his own in pro ball.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Knowing how the Cowboys are prone to switching their athletes around a bit haphazardly in some cases, I'm kinda glad they're just letting him be what he is. I've heard media folks raving about Chido when he was in college, so it's no surprise that he's coming into his own in pro ball.
He will be expensive to keep. Wonder if JJ is going to give him a contract.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Commanders have a rookie WR named McLaurin who reportedly runs a 4.3 forty. Maybe Chido would be assigned to him in today's game. I think Case Keenum might be a bit underestimated and hoping we don't take the Commanders for granted at their place. They can be tough at home, especially being a division opponent and all. Let's hope we're prepared for a battle, because they're fanatical about beating us, no matter what or when the game takes place. Here's hoping we'll bring our "A" game this afternoon. ;)

aria

Reaction score
The Commanders have a rookie WR named McLaurin who reportedly runs a 4.3 forty. Maybe Chido would be assigned to him in today's game. I think Case Keenum might be a bit underestimated and hoping we don't take the Commanders for granted at their place. They can be tough at home, especially being a division opponent and all. Let's hope we're prepared for a battle, because they're fanatical about beating us, no matter what or when the game takes place. Here's hoping we'll bring our "A" game this afternoon. ;)
I’m not near as worried about the Skins as some but I watched McLaurin against the Iggles and he looked good. He may be a thorn in our side for years to come.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’m not near as worried about the Skins as some but I watched McLaurin against the Iggles and he looked good. He may be a thorn in our side for years to come.

Commanders and their fans call McLaurin "scary Terry," a fitting nickname, to be sure. He got 5 for 7 targets for 125 vs. the Eagles. Watch out for that guy, 'cause he's capable of burning anybody and Keenum is likely to make the most of it, if he can. I'm really anxious to see the game, though -- it should be interesting, just like most of our division games are. I'll never take a division opponent for granted. They oftentimes come out of nowhere to surprise the unsuspecting victim. Let's hope we don't fall into that category to a team that lost last week. Enjoy the game! ;)

Last edited:

Soth

Reaction score
No, honestly I just glanced at it and thought it was weird because Detroit got screwed in that game. Funny that this is another great point and helps support my argument even further. Apology or not, no one can say what would have happened for sure but there’s a good chance Detroit would have won that game and the Cowboys would never have “the Dez” catch to blame on the refs. Kinda funny how that works, it all comes full circle.

Do you remember that Detroit game? There were a ton of blown calls against the Cowboys. I would say that in the first 3 quarters there were many calls against us. But in the fourth quarter the refs missed that call against Detroit and that is what gets all the press. You probably won't believe me because you seem to have an agenda on this topic but that's fine. I am not sure if the game day threads still live somewhere but go check them out.

Edit: That didn’t take long, here’s your apology good sir!
https://larrybrownsports.com/football/nfl-admits-mistake-packers-cowboys/345661

Your link states that "The NFL has reportedly admitted..." Well, it turns out they did not admit anything. The NFL was quick to deny this rumor.

See the update section on the link below:
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...-error-in-cowboys-penalty-in-loss-to-packers/

So it turns out it was not so easy to find this example huh? Maybe you are the one helping me make my point? Before finding an actual apology to the Cowboys, you have found an admission of a blown call against us and rumor that the NFL admitted a mistake against us. For a second you should consider that I am actually right about this specific point?

I saw you started to bring up the fact that these apologies to our opponents work against me. You should reconsider this approach. This would be true if the NFL apologized for every single bad call. That way we could use this as a statistic to see if they refs are biased against us, but the NFL only makes statements about a small percentage of bad calls. If they only publicly discuss 1% of these calls, then that does not tell you anything about how our team has been impacted by the other 99% of bad calls. Maybe if we had data on the other 99% we could discuss this topic. My point is about how the NFL handles the 1% of the calls they discuss publicly. I just find it odd that it is so hard for them to admit mistakes against us. Not only that but sometimes they double down just to prove their point (Dez catch). But hey, maybe you will prove me wrong one day with your research skills!

aria

Reaction score
Do you remember that Detroit game? There were a ton of blown calls against the Cowboys. I would say that in the first 3 quarters there were many calls against us. But in the fourth quarter the refs missed that call against Detroit and that is what gets all the press. You probably won't believe me because you seem to have an agenda on this topic but that's fine. I am not sure if the game day threads still live somewhere but go check them out.

Your link states that "The NFL has reportedly admitted..." Well, it turns out they did not admit anything. The NFL was quick to deny this rumor.

See the update section on the link below:
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...-error-in-cowboys-penalty-in-loss-to-packers/

So it turns out it was not so easy to find this example huh? Maybe you are the one helping me make my point? Before finding an actual apology to the Cowboys, you have found an admission of a blown call against us and rumor that the NFL admitted a mistake against us. For a second you should consider that I am actually right about this specific point?

I saw you started to bring up the fact that these apologies to our opponents work against me. You should reconsider this approach. This would be true if the NFL apologized for every single bad call. That way we could use this as a statistic to see if they refs are biased against us, but the NFL only makes statements about a small percentage of bad calls. If they only publicly discuss 1% of these calls, then that does not tell you anything about how our team has been impacted by the other 99% of bad calls. Maybe if we had data on the other 99% we could discuss this topic. My point is about how the NFL handles the 1% of the calls they discuss publicly. I just find it odd that it is so hard for them to admit mistakes against us. Not only that but sometimes they double down just to prove their point (Dez catch). But hey, maybe you will prove me wrong one day with your research skills!
In reference to your first response, of course there were blown calls for both teams all game, just as there were in the following game vs the Packers but the only one that gets attention is the Dez catch. So what’s your point?

Last year there were TONS of blown calls in the Saints/Cowboys game for both sides but the only reason there still aren’t threads about it is because we won. Had we lost, people would have cherry picked each blown call against us to point at that specific penalty as the reason we lost while also screaming and crying how bias the league and officials are against us.

Instead, there was a 10 page thread mocking the Saints and basically saying the penalties went both ways so it all evened out (which is crap) and that you have to be able to overcome bad penalties. Pretty hypocritical.

In reference to your second point, what is your obsession or point you’re trying to get across with this whole apology thing? Who cares if the league “officially” apologizes to any team or not? What does that prove? “Hey sorry you lost but we apologize for getting the call wrong”. As I said, I’d rather take the W then the L and an apology. Do you think Lions fans are satisfied that they lost a playoff game but got an apology for a blown call?

I can keep looking for a “formal” apology but 1) I don’t see what that proves and 2) I think you’ll just shrug it off as not good enough for some odd reason.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had a StimWave inserted in my back. It’s a stimulator for pain. I feel great now and am able to resume working out next weekend. I’m raring to go.
Good deal! I was out of work for 6 months, due to rotator cuff surgery. It's amazing how much you want to get back to being active, and even back to work after being out that long. lol