No doubt, McNabb reinjured the sports hernia

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...of his season, then we may have really changed the complexion of the NFC East.

DMX690

Reaction score
Tenkamenin said:
How's he soft?

Mcnabb is definitely a warrior

I don't know how he's been able to play with the sports hernia but the guy is definitely tough.

I hope he gets surgery and sit it out

Let's see, he can do the moonwalk and that stupid dance when he score a TD.

Then suddenly when he threw the INT to ROY, he suddenly gets injured. T.O is right when the pressure is on, Mcnsuck chokes and fakes injuries.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Tenkamenin said:

I don't.

The Eagles won't pass us now unless we collapse (3-4 or worse the rest of the way), at which point it doesn't really matter. So I'd rather have the Eagles able to knock off a few teams the rest of the way. They play the Giants TWICE, plus Washington, Seattle and St. Louis. McNabb could really help us by winning a few of those games.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
I don't.

The Eagles won't pass us now unless we collapse (3-4 or worse the rest of the way), at which point it doesn't really matter. So I'd rather have the Eagles able to knock off a few teams the rest of the way. They play the Giants TWICE, plus Washington, Seattle and St. Louis. McNabb could really help us by winning a few of those games.

:hammer:

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
I honestly think it's been overblown just to make the guy a "hero". He was only limping after he threw the pick...

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I question how injured McNabb was after he threw that interception and was barely shoved out of the way on the return. McNabb acted like he was hit hard or something which was clearly not the case. All of a sudden, the guy acts like he tore his hamstring and started limping. Yes, I know this observation of mine isn't very scientific. But I find it hard to believe that a QB who was moving really well just seconds prior suddenly exacerbated his hernia by being shoved and rolling on the ground. If he would have been hit, that would be one thing but he basically fell down and rolled over. He wasn't hit at all.

McNabb is the only Eagle I respect. And I'm one of the few Cowboys fans who does not think he is overrated. But I lost respect for him tonight. It's funny how "healthy" he was when they were up and everything was going smooth for him. And then when Roy intercepted his pass and basically changed the momentum, the guy was suddenly limping around like he couldn't walk when just seconds earlier he was sprinting all over the place.

I think McNabb sat out the final minutes because he was rattled after throwing the INT. Maybe there was something to TO's criticism of him last year. I know McNabb has issues with stress and is known to vomit on the field when he gets tense (I have seen him do it on three occassions including when he played Syracuse).

I think a lot of these NFL related injuries are psychological or players are strategically sitting out or deciding not to play with pain when winning is no longer an option. It can't be a coincidence the worst teams have the most injuries every year. Half the AZ Cardinals defense went on injured reserve the past 2 weeks; gee I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that AZ is eliminated from playoff contention and players would prefer to sit than play and exacerbate their injuries. On the flip side, players on championship contending teams will suit up regardless of the injury or will find a way to "heal quickly"

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That's just stupid.

The guy is gutting it out with a major injury. He's a man for trying to make a play on Roy - he knew he would get hit - he knew it could make his hernia worse.

How many QBs in this league are going to try to tackle Roy?

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
abersonc said:
That's just stupid.

The guy is gutting it out with a major injury. He's a man for trying to make a play on Roy - he knew he would get hit - he knew it could make his hernia worse.

How many QBs in this league are going to try to tackle Roy?
Did he even get hit? It looked like he was just pushed down.

thewivil

Reaction score
I don't think he would have sat out the next series if he wasn't injured. McNabb is their star offensive player, and they need him in there with the game on the line if he can play.

DMX690

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
I question how injured McNabb was after he threw that interception and was barely shoved out of the way on the return. McNabb acted like he was hit hard or something which was clearly not the case. All of a sudden, the guy acts like he tore his hamstring and started limping. Yes, I know this observation of mine isn't very scientific. But I find it hard to believe that a QB who was moving really well just seconds prior suddenly exacerbated his hernia by being shoved and rolling on the ground. If he would have been hit, that would be one thing but he basically fell down and rolled over. He wasn't hit at all.

McNabb is the only Eagle I respect. And I'm one of the few Cowboys fans who does not think he is overrated. But I lost respect for him tonight. It's funny how "healthy" he was when they were up and everything was going smooth for him. And then when Roy intercepted his pass and basically changed the momentum, the guy was suddenly limping around like he couldn't walk when just seconds earlier he was sprinting all over the place.

I think McNabb sat out the final minutes because he was rattled after throwing the INT. Maybe there was something to TO's criticism of him last year. I know McNabb has issues with stress and is known to vomit on the field when he gets tense (I have seen him do it on three occassions including when he played Syracuse).

I think a lot of these NFL related injuries are psychological or players are strategically sitting out or deciding not to play with pain when winning is no longer an option. It can't be a coincidence the worst teams have the most injuries every year. Half the AZ Cardinals defense went on injured reserve the past 2 weeks; gee I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that AZ is eliminated from playoff contention and players would prefer to sit than play and exacerbate their injuries. On the flip side, players on championship contending teams will suit up regardless of the injury or will find a way to "heal quickly"

All i know is when he score his TD, his "Sport Hernia" didn't affect his dance.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
I honestly think it's been overblown just to make the guy a "hero". He was only limping after he threw the pick...

I wrote a similar thread below. I got the same feeling. I think he has a hernia. I don't think he is faking an injury but he was moving really well just prior to being shoved...and yes, he was shoved not hit. I too didn't believe his limping right after his INT. I think he was rattled and didn't want to play the remaining minutes of the game. If McNabb had completed that pass while being hit really hard, I doubt he would have came off the field "limping" He would have had the momentum and would have sought to finish the game instead of sitting it out.

nathanlt

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
I don't.

I hope that the Eagles win against the other NFC East teams, and when we beat the Giants and sweep them, they beat the Commanders.

Down with the Commanders!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
So you think McNabb is going to not only fake being hurt after the INT but also, make a handful of poor throws afterwards just to show he's really hurt?

********. Just freaking ******** analysis.

You think he wanted to save face so he faked being hurt -- and lost the game -- to do so?

Again, just stupid.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
I wrote a similar thread below. I got the same feeling. I think he has a hernia. I don't think he is faking an injury but he was moving really well just prior to being shoved...and yes, he was shoved not hit. I too didn't believe his limping right after his INT. I think he was rattled and didn't want to play the remaining minutes of the game. If McNabb had completed that pass while being hit really hard, I doubt he would have came off the field "limping" He would have had the momentum and would have sought to finish the game instead of sitting it out.

so he faked it -- and had a bad series that made his team lose - yeah, good call.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Tenkamenin said:
How's he soft?

Mcnabb is definitely a warrior

I don't know how he's been able to play with the sports hernia but the guy is definitely tough.

99 out of 100 times I would agree with you because I respect McNabb but I saw the replay several times and he was shoved out of the way. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but I don't believe he was injured any more than he was just seconds prior. And I know enough of about inguinal hernias to know that you are not going to exacerbate the condition by simply falling down and rolling over. I'm not saying that falling down and rolling can't cause increased pain. It can. But being tackled and hit several times during the game just prior to that event would cause even more pain. So I find it hard to believe that it just go so bad that he was limping. But I guess when the momentum was on his side and his team was up, it's a lot easier playing with pain than it is when your INT just cost your team the momentum.

DMX690

Reaction score
abersonc said:
So you think McNabb is going to not only fake being hurt after the INT but also, make a handful of poor throws afterwards just to show he's really hurt?

********. Just freaking ******** analysis.

You think he wanted to save face so he faked being hurt -- and lost the game -- to do so?

Again, just stupid.

Why is that hard to believe, Vince Carter in the NBA does it all the time. Just ask the Toronto Raptors.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
abersonc said:
so he faked it -- and had a bad series that made his team lose - yeah, good call.

No you're right. It's inconceivable to think he would want to sit out after throwing an interception and losing the momentum not to mention costing his team the game. Yeah, I'm sure it's a lot harder playing with pain when your team is ahead most of the game and the momentum is on your side. Brilliant theory!