No doubt, McNabb reinjured the sports hernia

sillycon

Reaction score
abersonc said:
So you think McNabb is going to not only fake being hurt after the INT but also, make a handful of poor throws afterwards just to show he's really hurt?

********. Just freaking ******** analysis.

You think he wanted to save face so he faked being hurt -- and lost the game -- to do so?

Again, just stupid.

I dunno.. I've seen plenty of athletes who all of a sudden feel their injuries whenever they do something poorly to deflect attention away from whatever they did badly. It's nothing new. An interception by a qb, a baseball pitcher "stretching" when he gives up a homer, etc... Those bad throws didn't magically appear after he got "hurt". McNabb had a scattering of poor throws throughout the game.

That said, I do think McNabb is a tough individual. I *do* think he has an injury. However, injuries don't hurt as much when you're playing well... When you play lousy or do something poorly, it's easier to "feel" the injury... It's a psychological thing...

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
abersonc said:
So you think McNabb is going to not only fake being hurt after the INT but also, make a handful of poor throws afterwards just to show he's really hurt?

********. Just freaking ******** analysis.

You think he wanted to save face so he faked being hurt -- and lost the game -- to do so?

Again, just stupid.

This isn't a difficult concept to understand even if you don't agree with it. McNabb was playing with pain almost the entire game. It's not inconceivable to think he would prefer to sit out after he just thew a costly interception especially when his "heroics" of playing injured could likely cost his team the game. There is no doubt he was playing hurt. I only question how much worse his injury had become by that shove. Unless you are a complete moron, even you would agree he wasn't hit hard and that he essentially fell down. If you are going to argue he was tackled really hard or something like that then I'm not going to bother responding to you because then it's obvious you have an agenda.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
sillycon said:
I dunno.. I've seen plenty of athletes who all of a sudden feel their injuries whenever they do something poorly to deflect attention away from whatever they did badly. It's nothing new. .

you are watching little league. not the pros.

Don came up hurt AFTER he threw the pick - he's not making an excuse for throwing it.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
abersonc said:

Don came up hurt AFTER he threw the pick - he's not making an excuse for throwing it.

You are not going to earn the respect of your fellow board members by insulting them. If you don't agree with a theory or idea, disagree respectfully. Insulting fellow members because you don't agree with them is pretty weak

AbeBeta

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
No you're right. It's inconceivable to think he would want to sit out after throwing an interception and losing the momentum not to mention costing his team the game. Yeah, I'm sure it's a lot harder playing with pain when your team is ahead most of the game and the momentum is on your side. Brilliant theory!

He didn't sit out though -- he came back for a series and was clearly not 100%.

But I guess he'd rather look hurt than have a chance to redeem himself.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
You are not going to earn the respect of your fellow board members by insulting them. If you don't agree with a theory or idea, disagree respectfully. Insulting fellow members because you don't agree with them is pretty weak

and you aren't going to earn respect positing absurd theories about opponents.

just trying to critique your work jimmy -- it is clearly not your best -- i'd suggest a less ridiculous direction.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
sillycon said:
I dunno.. I've seen plenty of athletes who all of a sudden feel their injuries whenever they do something poorly to deflect attention away from whatever they did badly. It's nothing new. An interception by a qb, a baseball pitcher "stretching" when he gives up a homer, etc... Those bad throws didn't magically appear after he got "hurt". McNabb had a scattering of poor throws throughout the game.

That said, I do think McNabb is a tough individual. I *do* think he has an injury. However, injuries don't hurt as much when you're playing well... When you play lousy or do something poorly, it's easier to "feel" the injury... It's a psychological thing...

I agree. It reminds of when Scottie Pippen sat out during the playoffs after Dennis Rodman slammed him. It was pretty obvious, Pippen was shaken up after his encounter with Rodman. The Chicago media never let Pippen forget that moment.

waraugh

Reaction score
All I gotta say is when your doing good and things are flowing you tend to not notice being hurt. When bad things happen, sports or otherwise, you start to get slammed back into reality and feel pain again. I don't doubt for one bit he was hurting really bad, its hard to mask pain and failure at the same time. He's human like anyone else and atleast he's doing everything he can for his team.

sillycon

Reaction score
abersonc said:

No, I watch all types of sports collegiate and pro. I've played some football and baseball in college. I've played enough and watched enough sports for the past 20+ years to experience and feel what's going on... I don't doubt McNabb is hurting out there but I doubt he really aggravated anything further after being pushed down. The realization that Williams was going to score after that bad throw only exacerbates his probable feeling of futility. He's lying there thinking *** did he just do. The adrenaline that serves to mask the current injury disappears as the realization that you just might've cost your team a game hits you. Now you're feeling the injury. As I mentioned before, it's mostly psychological...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No, and considering he still almost beat us with a crappy supporting cast, one would think he'd at least get a little respect. This sounds more like a T.O. game response.

sillycon

Reaction score
abersonc said:

just trying to critique your work jimmy -- it is clearly not your best -- i'd suggest a less ridiculous direction.

It's not far fetched. If you want to romanticize the image of the tough athlete who HAS to be hurt if he's showing pain, that's your right. But athletes are human and it just isn't in the realm of impossibility that they exaggerate their injuries in times of distress. McNabb was pushed down and rolled around a little. Certainly not the type of action that would aggravate his injuries further. He was running all over the place tonight and slinging the ball around. That type of exertion would seem to be more stressful on his injuries than being pushed to the grass.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Actually if you look at the replay you see McNabb's leg bend outward (best way I can describe it) and if any of you have ever had a groin injury then you know that that is the best way to aggravate it.

That said, it's silly to think that a player would not fake or exhaggerate an injury after making a big mistake. You'd have to be living in some kind of fantasy land or be a 3 year old to believe that. Athletes aren't "Supermen", they're human.

Now, THAT said, I'm not claiming or suggesting McNabb faked his injury after the int. Just pointing out that it could happen.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
No way was he faking it, the dude has been playing in pain all year with out making any excuses, I dont buy it. He played on a broken foot 2 years ago for 3 quarters. Im not a McNabb fan but you have to respect his toughness.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Doomsday said:
No way was he faking it, the dude has been playing in pain all year with out making any excuses, I dont buy it. He played on a broken foot 2 years ago for 3 quarters. Im not a McNabb fan but you have to respect his toughness.

You've completely missed Jameswoods' point.

Grevus

Reaction score
Who cares....All I can think of when I saw McChunky get was, why aren't you smiling and dancing?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
No I understand what hes saying but I dont buy it even on his TD run he looked like he was running in slow motion and he looked like he had a stick up his *** he was so stiff on his endzone dance. He was hobbling around most of the game, Ill be shocked if he plays next week vs NY.

Tobal

Reaction score
abersonc said:

It's not a rediculous thought it was an observation with some possible merrit. It crossed my mind, when he sat out the final series I figured he really was badly injured. The whole game he showed no effects of his injury,

ghst187

Reaction score
DMX690 said:
All i know is when he score his TD, his "Sport Hernia" didn't affect his dance.

no kidding, that dance couldn't have felt good if he was as injured as he says.
I do think that he's injured but I think he's using it as a crutch. I think he's exaggerating it when its convenient.
Mcnubb should NOT be as immune to criticism as he has been.
What he did in the SB would've burnt me on him if I were a teammate.
He either needs to stop playing and having the surgery, or stop using it and limping around whenever the game isn't going well.
Hard not to notice how well he was running and dancing around prior to the INT.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DMX690 said:
All i know is when he score his TD, his "Sport Hernia" didn't affect his dance.

Pretty obnoxious wasn't it (he)?

He was acting like he had just scored the game winning TD and it was in the 1st quarter.