Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tenkamenin said:
How's he soft?

Mcnabb is definitely a warrior

I don't know how he's been able to play with the sports hernia but the guy is definitely tough.

I hope he gets surgery and sit it out

Disagree. Other than this year and playing with the sports hernia, McNabb has proven time and time again that he is NOT a warrior. From his throwing up days at ((numerous times) Syracuse because he was too tired to not being able to concentrate in the Superbowl because he was too tired.

I commend DM THIS year for playing hurt, but I've watched him his ENTIRE career. He is anything BUT a warrior.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I don't necessarily think he's faking, but I think that in his mind it hurts a lot more after a bad play. Remember how much he hobbled around in the first game, when we were blowing them out? Then he was fine the next week and each subsequent week until the end of last night's game. I think he believes it, I just think some of it might be in his head.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I was saying to myself all night Sports Hernia my ***! This guy looks better physically and mentally than I've seen him all season. He looks like McNabb. It is interesting how all the sudden he gets hurt on the Pic.. but guys! Be thankful it wasn't a healthy McNabb on that last drive. I hate McNabb but he's a warrior. This guy has played through all sorts of injuries including a broken ankle/foot.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
abersonc said:
That's just stupid.

The guy is gutting it out with a major injury. He's a man for trying to make a play on Roy - he knew he would get hit - he knew it could make his hernia worse.

How many QBs in this league are going to try to tackle Roy?
So he was healthy enough to break out his own dance steps to the Richmond Flowers Chad Hutchinson duet, "my bonnie lies over the river" yet after 1 hit coincidentally coming on a game-losing INT he was devastated by injury?

BTW, Drew Brees and many QBs smaller and less athletic than McNabb go try to tackle the guys running the other way with their passes.

People on the south side of Chicago are wondering where this kid grew up.

Martice

Reaction score
Wow you guys are tough. HELL YEAH HE'S HURT!! Do you guys remember earlier in the game when McNabb was shoved out of bounds and came up very limp. The announcers even mentioned it. Hew promptly came back and threw an ugly pass just like after he got his later in the game. Remember this is when they had the game in hand and all was still great in Philly land.

Face it. The guy was playing injured and the two shoves that he received aggravated his injury.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
he sure didnt look very injured before the int, and as many mentioned, for someone with this major sports henria thing thats talked about every minute of the game, doing that little end zone b/s dance doesnt seem so smart, he also seemed to be scrambling fine too...I mean afterall, if he's worried about re-injuring it should he be doing that?

David

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
abersonc said:
That's just stupid.

The guy is gutting it out with a major injury. He's a man for trying to make a play on Roy - he knew he would get hit - he knew it could make his hernia worse.

sorry - EVERY TIME I'VE SEEN THE EAGLES fall behind or lose, mcnabb is runnin around hurt. maybe he is, but he is really now coming across as a "milker" when it comes to it. like since he's hurt he'll get less critisizm.

people can get mad at me for saying it all they want, but it is something i've noticed.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
EndGame said:
Some of you might remember I had a thread a month or so ago talking about how I'm dealing with a sports hernia myself. Mine is about 95% healed up right now, but one thing about those sports hernias -- they almost never get to 100% without surgery. You keep reinjuring them, then nursing, then reinjuring, then nursing. And, you injure it at the weirdest times -- like going up the stairs too quickly. It's obvious that during his roll on the ground after that block, McNabb aggrivated the injury. He'll be damned near immobile for the rest of the game. That means he won't be able to move around much, nor will be able to get a strong throw off. We need to send the house at him.

yeah, that kind of serious injury that is so hard to heal and prone to reinjury...maybe one shouldnt be doing the hip hop dance in the endzone huh?

David

Hoov

Reaction score
i think something is wrong but im skeptical bout the "sports hernia"

Thought maybe he had a cracked rib or something from the atlanta game, maybe combined with a groin pull. cause the last 2 weeks he's been running all over the place, and by now the rib would have been healed.

Notice after he got pushed down by bradie he grabs his groin right away. And a groin pull will make you limp the way he was limping, kind of dragging one leg behind.

At any rate, they say a sports hernia wouldnt improve with rest and thats why he wasnt sitting out any games, yet with some rest after the bye week, he's playing like a completely different player, so i dont understand that. But it sure seems like it was a reaggravated groin injury last night by the way he was moving.

EndGame

Reaction score
Obviously none of you have ever had a recurring-type injury before. Maybe I'm a little more sensitive to it because I have one that's almost healed up, but I can tell you it's not hard to pull it. I do agree that he shouldn't have been doing the moonwalk and strutting around after his TD, but that's just a celebration and I won't begrudge it to him. However, from experience I know that these sports hernias can act up when you least expect it. I was running around at the playground with my kids the other day and was feeling fine, when I stepped over a piece of equipment. I almost doubled over in pain because I'd strained the hernia a little bit.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One min. he is moon walking in the endzone and the next he is limping off as a loser.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!! LOL

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
abersonc said:
That's just stupid.

Funny thing. Joe Nameth blew out his knee on a play similar to that - trying to tackel a guy after an INT.
It's in their blood to go after the ball - no matter what.

If McNabb had not tried the Eagle fans would be burying him in the parking lot next week.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
He didn't look very hurt when he was bustin a move after that TD he ran in.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
He didn't look very hurt when he was bustin a move after that TD he ran in.

Funny how that works, he scores a TD and moon walks. Throws a pick and looks like he dropped a load in his pants. All I can say to McNabb is NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!! LOL

joseephuss

Reaction score
He faked the injury because there were mafia bookies looking in to make sure he lost the game. That is why he threw the pick. Look at it. He threw it right to Roy. The receiver was covered by Newman and wasn't even running a route near the flight path of the ball. McNabb had to give the game over and then faked his injury so he wouldn't be in a position to win it and really get in trouble due to his gambling debts.

Or maybe he just pulled his groin due to Bradie James hit. His leg looked to be put in a awkward position. Bradie may not have had a kill shot, but all the force that he did use got focused into the groin area of McNabb. Then Ellis added to it on the next series.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
He faked the injury because there were mafia bookies looking in to make sure he lost the game. That is why he threw the pick. Look at it. He threw it right to Roy. The receiver was covered by Newman and wasn't even running a route near the flight path of the ball. McNabb had to give the game over and then faked his injury so he wouldn't be in a position to win it and really get in trouble due to his gambling debts.

Or maybe he just pulled his groin due to Bradie James hit. His leg looked to be put in a awkward position. Bradie may not have had a kill shot, but all the force that he did use got focused into the groin area of McNabb. Then Ellis added to it on the next series.

There ya go, that was the Mob's payoff for kicking TO off of his team. You don't think it was free, do ya ? DMac wanted TO gone so he had to sell his soul to get rid of him...

Shortly afterward, the aliens picked up Macflab and he had tea with the Lochness monster.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Jarv said:
There ya go, that was the Mob's payoff for kicking TO off of his team. You don't think it was free, do ya ? DMac wanted TO gone so he had to sell his soul to get rid of him...

Shortly afterward, the aliens picked up Macflab and he had tea with the Lochness monster.

Instead of dogs playing poker, it is McNabb, Nessie, Bigfoot,...