No guarantees year after year

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This was a season where things were in our favor, no doubt it was a magical season. Not sure about you all but I believed Dallas was heading to the Super Bowl, this was the year to get it done. For the majority of the season we avoided injuries to key players, we won the close games, no drama with the media. Looking to next year Philly, NY, and Washington will all be better. No gaurantee we make the playoff but i like our chances. It sucks that the 2016 season comes to an end, really, really sucks.
BS. We went 4-12 last year. Suddenly you're some seer? Yeah right.

khiladi

Reaction score
Giants, Commanders, and Eagles all feel like they have bright futures as well.

The only thing we got going for us is the train wrecks in our division. Wade didn't go to the Commanders, because he said their was lack of talent and the free agency wasn't apparently committing to go up their defense. Their new OC was promoted and he's awful from what I hear. Wentz hasn't shown anything. The Giants are unpredictable.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Houston figures out a way to get Romo I think they become among the favorites in the AFC.

I saw them only against the Patriots, but the things guys like Clowney and Mercilus were doing were ridiculous. I think Crennel made a mistake tapping on the brakes of the blitzing. Their CBs sucked playing the ball and of they had a semi-decent QB they should have son that game.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
All those players except Leary suck. And we're ok at his position. Carr is decent. No huge losses TBH.

Sydla

Reaction score
Love seeing people who told us all offseason how bad the team would be getting a Jumpstart on their Chicken Little routine.

What exactly is the chicken little routine?

We just lost to a team we should have beaten as the #1 seed and home field. That blows and casts a really dark cloud over what had been a good season up until today. But this game was so important that is really calls into question just how successful a season it was.

We also clearly need to upgrade a shoddy defense.

That's just the reality. I am really not sure how anyone could disagree with anything I just said.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

We just lost to a team we should have beaten as the #1 seed and home field. That blows and casts a really dark cloud over what had been a good season up until today. But this game was so important that is really calls into question just how successful a season it was.

That's just the reality. I am really not sure how anyone could disagree with anything I just said.
How old is our franchise quarterback again?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

Where did you get that I was speaking to you? Near as I can tell your first post in this thread was this response. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think we can get better on Offense,we can defintely draft better WRs than Twill and Brice butler,Defense is a major concern though and no easy fix unless you go all in FA.
Williams played well tonight and all season. He had a huge drop.....well the ball bounced off his chest when he was wide open. Other then that he was decent and made some tough catches

Sydla

Reaction score
How old is our franchise quarterback again?

And what does this have to do with the point? Just because Prescott is young doesn't mean we are guaranteed lots of future success. The OP and others is right.

This was a huge missed opportunity this year. Writing today off as no big deal because Prescott is 22 is short sighted IMO. We blew an opportunity today that may not come next year or the following year or year after that. Football is a fickle sport regardless of how young or great you think your QB is.

Sydla

Reaction score
Where did you get that I was speaking to you? Near as I can tell your first post in this thread was this response. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

It was an honest question. What's the chicken little routine? I find nothing bizarre about what people have said in this thread. Today was a pretty big missed opportunity and you can't assume you will get those opportunities consistently going forward.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Oh geez. With the drama again. Here comes the waterworks.

No water works, we're just a team that can't get it done. The evidence is overwhelming. Wish it weren't so, but it is. Some teams just get all the bounces and some don't.

There was a time we got the bounces and calls, but now is not that time.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We have a first place schedule so we'll probably be 10-6 maybe an 11-5 team next year.