No guarantees year after year

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Love seeing people who told us all offseason how bad the team would be getting a Jumpstart on their Chicken Little routine.
so bloody awesome indeed.

There's a lot to be happy about re: the future.

I know, I know, Dan Marino, 2015 Carolina Panthers blah blah blah.

I'm more inclined to think Dak follows footsteps of Brady, Ben and Wilson.

Lutonio

Reaction score
And the Cowboys are the Cowboys. Some teams just can't get it done, and we have become that team.
I hear ya. The word snakebitcomes to mind.

Hopefully the team will be more like the 2012 and 2013 Seahawks.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
It was an honest question. What's the chicken little routine? I find nothing bizarre about what people have said in this thread. Today was a pretty big missed opportunity and you can't assume you will get those opportunities consistently going forward.
You specifically said:
I am really not sure how anyone could disagree with anything I just said.
Yet you hadn't said anything in the thread. The chicken little routine is what you and OP spent all offseason predicting.

Sydla

Reaction score
No water works, we're just a team that can't get it done. The evidence is overwhelming. Wish it weren't so, but it is. Some teams just get all the bounces and some don't.

There was a time we got the bounces and calls, but now is not that time.

They don't want to hear it but you aren't that off the mark here. Since Garrett has been the coach, we've shown very little that we are the type of team that responds well and can ratchet up the performance in big games. We have one playoff win in 7 seasons with Garrett. One.

Hopefully that changes going forward but if 3 years from now we are still floundering around, no one should say they are surprised by that.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We have a first place schedule so we'll probably be 10-6 maybe an 11-5 team next year.
I'm going with a solid 12-4 until proven otherwise.

We don't get swept again by NYG. Oakland, Green Bay, Atlanta KC Denver and Seattle are toughest games.

We can do 4-2 vs that. Take care of business vs rest of league.

TheHerd

Reaction score
To that point, every time the Giants and Packers have played in the postseason, the winner has gone on to become champion.

It's hard to fathom that Packers team beating the Falcons and Patriots. Garrett and Linehan aren't showing up to coach either of those teams.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No water works, we're just a team that can't get it done. The evidence is overwhelming. Wish it weren't so, but it is. Some teams just get all the bounces and some don't.

There was a time we got the bounces and calls, but now is not that time.
Go ahead and present that evidence and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
This team will look a lot different. Carr, Church, and Wilcox are all FA's. Leary and Twill are as well. Carolina went 15-1 and at least got to the SB. How did thay turn out this season??

My first move, outside of the Romo trade to Houston? Sign Leary and can Crawford!

I'd literally get rid of EVERYONE but Leary.

Any player that can't take advantage of a defense focused on Zeke and Dez every play, needs to be out of the league, IMO.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Go ahead and present that evidence and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

Jeez, any one of 12 plays today. Murray's fumble in 2014. Throwing to Dez at the goaline instead of Beasley for a first down in 2014. Multiple Craytons in 2007.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why did you say I was speaking to you in a thread you weren't in if not because you knew what I said applied to you. You called yourself out. Quack quack

I said no such thing. I made two comments and said it's tough to disagree with what I said. You went on from there.

I'll ask again. What did I predict this past offseason?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I said no such thing. I made two comments and said it's tough to disagree with what I said. You went on from there.

I'll ask again. What did I predict this past offseason?
Yes you did. My post came before you had posted in this thread.