No interest in whining about a 15 point win

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree.. There are plenty of people here whining because they didn't get enough style points in the win. Everyone is interested in the long term success of the team come playoff time.. but I will worry about the playoffs when they start in January.. Right now the TEAM is on a three game winning streak.. ALL ON THE ROAD. Two of them in division. That is something to get excited about.. The offense isn't rolling.. Who cares? They have done enough to win games.. Ten times.. I don't need fluffy stats.. The main problem has been the offensive line and Kellen Moore's unwillingness to scheme up plays that attack defenses differently. We are weak at LG and Center and today we were also weak at LT. The fact that it took this long for Moore to remember that all running plays don't have to go up the middle has been the most frustrating aspect of the offensive slump to me. The Giants played shell coverage and tried to keep everything in front, betting that the Cowboys could not run the ball well enough and that Dak and Moore would not stay patient and stay with the run and the short passing game. Thankfully for the most part they were wrong. We did run it just good enough and Dak and Moore did take the short passes that the defense gave them except for a couple of brain farts by one of them or both. Not only the two deep safeties but the howling wind was not going to let you go deep today.. so patience was the order of the day.. I think the most encouraging thing was that there were not a ton of penalties to kill drives and they executed the short passing game good enough and ran it enough to stay balanced. I've pretty much given up on Moore's red zone play calling.. He's not going to change so all I can do is hope Dak gets to the point where he audibles out of all that 4 and 5 WR crap down close.
Not to mention the multiple drops we had today with CeeDee having 3 by himself. People don't understand how big that is to an offense when you drop a pass, especially on 3rd down.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
That clock management right before the end of the 1st half was atrocious.

McCarthy deserves heat for that despite the win.
That's the problem. They all keep getting away with it cause of a win. It will lose a game eventually just hope it's not the playoffs. It's also the 3rd straight game we had locked up in the 4th quarter and these idiots are turning the ball over and giving the other team a chance.

cristglo

Reaction score
This penchant for complaining after this team spanks its third straight opponent is amazing. If you are mad because the Cowboys won this game you may wish to evaluate your fanhood. The defense was dominating the Giants so there was zero reason to take any chances on offense once you got a two score lead. That is how you manage a game to the end. There are no reporters voting you into the playoffs.. you win enough games you get in. Period. So style points be damned.
Amen amen Lets just enjoy this ride!

blueblood70

Reaction score
We've been here before. Earlier this year it was claimed that this current team is supposed to surpass the 2014 Team. So expectations have been set. There is the short sighted view point of a W is a W and that is all fine for the regular season. But a lot of us are looking past the regular season, and can see that this team would lose against playoff teams if they keep playing the way they have. We've had teams that haven't been hot in December that made it to the playoffs, and then do nothing. 2014 is the most success we've had since the superbowl teams. Expectations are high. They way we won today, would an average team have beat the Giants the same way? Do we want to be an average team heading into the playoffs?

we are 10-4 with 3 teams for the 2nd seed, believe we now are the 2nd seed, Bucs were shut out, the Caerd lost to the lions and really the ravens took dive instead of going to ot...
id say we are a lot better off then fickle whiny fans want to make it.. 2nd best record in the nfl and all complaints. Shut it already.. we can dicus playoff failure IF they happen, this is the RS and we are sitting in nice spot..jeez!!:facepalm::popcorn:

Flamma

Reaction score
This penchant for complaining after this team spanks its third straight opponent is amazing. If you are mad because the Cowboys won this game you may wish to evaluate your fanhood. The defense was dominating the Giants so there was zero reason to take any chances on offense once you got a two score lead. That is how you manage a game to the end. There are no reporters voting you into the playoffs.. you win enough games you get in. Period. So style points be damned.

I'm loving it. My expectations aren't through the roof however. I'm just enjoying this rare season. But I'd still like to switch scores with Atlanta.

Cmac

Reaction score
But RonnieT24......shouldn't we expect more?.......Glad we have won, but we have an alleged "high powered offense", "Offensive Guru", and talent back on the field. They are definitely not clicking on all cylinders, as you'd want your team, heading into the postseason. I understand ugly wins are of the same value as blowouts, but we've been in the red zone numerous times, only to get FGs, offense has been granted turnovers/short fields, and we've seen unfathomable miscues and shaddy play calling or execution, with the same offensive skill players on the field that we've praised ALL YEAR. I dare to say we've been fortunate because the other side played poorly to aid masking issues. To the offense.......One that accepts mediocrity today, will be mediocre tomorrow.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We are the masters of gamesmanship. KM is going to strike down on our playoff opponents with great vengeance and furious anger.
That's basically been the story for his entire OC career when he had a healthy offense.
But I'm supposed to believe that we should all schedule the funeral because he's calling a boring game in games they lead every minute and play back-ups in heavily?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
But RonnieT24......shouldn't we expect more?.......Glad we have won, but we have an alleged "high powered offense", "Offensive Guru", and talent back on the field. They are definitely not clicking on all cylinders, as you'd want your team, heading into the postseason. I understand ugly wins are of the same value as blowouts, but we've been in the red zone numerous times, only to get FGs, offense has been granted turnovers/short fields, and we've seen unfathomable miscues and shaddy play calling or execution, with the same offensive skill players on the field that we've praised ALL YEAR. I dare to say we've been fortunate because the other side played poorly to aid masking issues. To the offense.......One that accepts mediocrity today, will be mediocre tomorrow.

In a word.. No.. you know what the score was in the famous "Emmitt shoulder game" at the end of 1993? It was 16-13. That same great team lost 27-13 to the 6-10 Falcons.. People acting as if the only acceptable result is blowing out every team you play is just stupid. It doesn't work that way in the NFL. With the exception of the ATL game the offense has been putting up C level play for the last 6 weeks.. However with the exception of the Raider game the defense has been coming up Aces. The net result is we're winning and have put a stranglehold on the division and have an outside shot at the #1 seed and the bye. This is about where I predicted us to be.. I called 12-5 coming into the season.. So in my mind I have one more loss to play with.. With that in mind I aint trippin because they looked better than expected in September and October.. and have hit a couple of bumps along the way. The season is 17 games.. not 1 not 5 not 10.. so I evaluate the whole picture.. I fully expect Dak and Moore to figure out this 2 deep defense at some point.. It might be when Moore figures out that he doesn't have to run the ball up the A and B gaps exclusively. If the run game starts eating again the safeties have to come up and Dak and the receivers will feast again. It's the nature of the beast.. Move followed by countermove.. I do think the struggles up front have kind of hamstrung the ability to make those adjustments but they showed signs of getting there yesterday.. I don't care if they "struggle" and win the next three and head into the playoffs with it really figured out.. If they figure it out by playoff time and the defense is still ballin like it is.. we are in for a fun postseason..

Cmac

Reaction score
In a word.. No.. you know what the score was in the famous "Emmitt shoulder game" at the end of 1993? It was 16-13. That same great team lost 27-13 to the 6-10 Falcons.. People acting as if the only acceptable result is blowing out every team you play is just stupid. It doesn't work that way in the NFL. With the exception of the ATL game the offense has been putting up C level play for the last 6 weeks.. However with the exception of the Raider game the defense has been coming up Aces. The net result is we're winning and have put a stranglehold on the division and have an outside shot at the #1 seed and the bye. This is about where I predicted us to be.. I called 12-5 coming into the season.. So in my mind I have one more loss to play with.. With that in mind I aint trippin because they looked better than expected in September and October.. and have hit a couple of bumps along the way. The season is 17 games.. not 1 not 5 not 10.. so I evaluate the whole picture.. I fully expect Dak and Moore to figure out this 2 deep defense at some point.. It might be when Moore figures out that he doesn't have to run the ball up the A and B gaps exclusively. If the run game starts eating again the safeties have to come up and Dak and the receivers will feast again. It's the nature of the beast.. Move followed by countermove.. I do think the struggles up front have kind of hamstrung the ability to make those adjustments but they showed signs of getting there yesterday.. I don't care if they "struggle" and win the next three and head into the playoffs with it really figured out.. If they figure it out by playoff time and the defense is still ballin like it is.. we are in for a fun postseason..
Much love RonnieT24.......but we aren't going to compare NYG93 to what we saw yesterday, regarding NYG21 yesterday, are we? That was a "young" Cowboy team finally getting over the hump. Since we're going back in the day.......do you remember a Monday night game against Philly/Randall Cunningham? We had been brutalized in games with them. The 'Boys lost that Monday night game, but they "competed" for 60 minutes. Later that year, they beat Philly, and were on their way to Pasadena later.

And I understand going undefeated or beating the bad teams is never a given (Any given Sunday). I agree C level play has become too recurring. That's my issue with the standards and expectations between a pretender or contender, given key players have returned (outside of injured RBs, and Tyron).

As for the postseason, I currently don't trust the team because of over 25 years of inconsistencies and a tendency of "What can go wrong, will go wrong". That is my biggest concern until I see the engines rev back up, as we expect........given the talent and with consistency.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Much love RonnieT24.......but we aren't going to compare NYG93 to what we saw yesterday, regarding NYG21 yesterday, are we? That was a "young" Cowboy team finally getting over the hump. Since we're going back in the day.......do you remember a Monday night game against Philly/Randall Cunningham? We had been brutalized in games with them. The 'Boys lost that Monday night game, but they "competed" for 60 minutes. Later that year, they beat Philly, and were on their way to Pasadena later.

And I understand going undefeated or beating the bad teams is never a given (Any given Sunday). I agree C level play has become too recurring. That's my issue with the standards and expectations between a pretender or contender, given key players have returned (outside of injured RBs, and Tyron).

As for the postseason, I currently don't trust the team because of over 25 years of inconsistencies and a tendency of "What can go wrong, will go wrong". That is my biggest concern until I see the engines rev back up, as we expect........given the talent and with consistency.

Totally fair takes, man. I just choose to believe this team will figure it out.. They're too good not to. Moore is too smart an OC not to see how wonderful the running game looks when we run somewhere other than right up the middle. I also think that he will figure out that the simple adjustment for the middle of the field passing game when the rush is pushing the center back into the QB's lap is 7 step drop instead of 5. The one thing that bothers me though is that we need more rollouts to combat the poor protection is that our tight ends have repeatedly shown that they absolutely fail miserably at hooking the DEs to allow Dak to get outside consistently without a 300 pound dude in his face. They have the same problem on our outside runs more often than not.. Having Sprinkle in there did seem to help some with the outside runs and he showed he will actually catch the ball when thrown to him so the defense can't treat him as just a blocking TE.

Cmac

Reaction score
Totally fair takes, man. I just choose to believe this team will figure it out.. They're too good not to. Moore is too smart an OC not to see how wonderful the running game looks when we run somewhere other than right up the middle. I also think that he will figure out that the simple adjustment for the middle of the field passing game when the rush is pushing the center back into the QB's lap is 7 step drop instead of 5. The one thing that bothers me though is that we need more rollouts to combat the poor protection is that our tight ends have repeatedly shown that they absolutely fail miserably at hooking the DEs to allow Dak to get outside consistently without a 300 pound dude in his face. They have the same problem on our outside runs more often than not.. Having Sprinkle in there did seem to help some with the outside runs and he showed he will actually catch the ball when thrown to him so the defense can't treat him as just a blocking TE.
KMoore had possessed the play calling too long to think he is going to figure something out now, IMO. Just sayin'. And I think our OL corp is being mistaken as an OL that we used to have. Simply put. All good.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
KMoore had possessed the play calling too long to think he is going to figure something out now, IMO. Just sayin'. And I think our OL corp is being mistaken as an OL that we used to have. Simply put. All good.

I'm sure you saw the post last week that claimed that PFF had our line rated as #1 in the league.. Not saying they're wrong but if they are correct then the rest of the league is rolling our absolute trash for o-line play. But frankly I think PFF is full o crap if they really do rank our line #1. Because I have Sunday Ticket I get to watch all the other teams and I can say without fear of equivocation that there are at least 10 offensive lines playing better than ours.. Maybe more..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I'm guessing Cards and Bucs fans would've taken a 15 point win yesterday.

Aftershock

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree.. There are plenty of people here whining because they didn't get enough style points in the win. Everyone is interested in the long term success of the team come playoff time.. but I will worry about the playoffs when they start in January.. Right now the TEAM is on a three game winning streak.. ALL ON THE ROAD. Two of them in division. That is something to get excited about.. The offense isn't rolling.. Who cares? They have done enough to win games.. Ten times.. I don't need fluffy stats.. The main problem has been the offensive line and Kellen Moore's unwillingness to scheme up plays that attack defenses differently. We are weak at LG and Center and today we were also weak at LT. The fact that it took this long for Moore to remember that all running plays don't have to go up the middle has been the most frustrating aspect of the offensive slump to me. The Giants played shell coverage and tried to keep everything in front, betting that the Cowboys could not run the ball well enough and that Dak and Moore would not stay patient and stay with the run and the short passing game. Thankfully for the most part they were wrong. We did run it just good enough and Dak and Moore did take the short passes that the defense gave them except for a couple of brain farts by one of them or both. Not only the two deep safeties but the howling wind was not going to let you go deep today.. so patience was the order of the day.. I think the most encouraging thing was that there were not a ton of penalties to kill drives and they executed the short passing game good enough and ran it enough to stay balanced. I've pretty much given up on Moore's red zone play calling.. He's not going to change so all I can do is hope Dak gets to the point where he audibles out of all that 4 and 5 WR crap down close.
I agree with everything except Kellen Moore. How do you know he's not scheming up good plays? We have a QB that is lacking confidence right now. Perhaps he's simplifying the playbook to get Dak hot again?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I agree with everything except Kellen Moore. How do you know he's not scheming up good plays? We have a QB that is lacking confidence right now. Perhaps he's simplifying the playbook to get Dak hot again?

Sorry but I don't buy this in the least. If there is any simplifying going on it's to compensate for the fact that the line can't give him more than 2.5 seconds to get rid of the ball. That might also explain some of Dak's lack of confidence.. However close your eyes and watch that TD to Schultz.. Dak scanned the field twice on that play.. He went through his reads back and forth and then came back to his 4th read .. That aint simple.. And the confidence thing? Maybe.. He looked a little more confident yesterday.. But time will tell. As long as the defense is ballin like it is, Dak needs to just manage the game like he has been and make a few laser strike throws which he did. I do think that if we get Tyron another week of rest and healing and the line gets to full strength the running game will get back on track and with it the entire offense.. But noodle on this for a minute.. Dak had 9 incompletions yesterday.. 6 of those were outright drops.. and one was batted down at the line. How different would we feel about Dak's game if those were caught and he was 34-37 for 260 yards and a TD? Hell just catch half of them and it's 31-37... Are we still questioning his confidence then? My point is that all this hand wringing over Dak's performance is just silly given that he put the ball right where it needed to be on at least 95% of his throws yesterday.. But he can't catch the ball himself..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you complain about ALL NFL losses and ties, you will complain just over 50% of the time.
Perhaps keep this in mind and in context when you are trying to understand why people are sick of hearing crying after wins.
"Standards" guys are the absolute worst. Apply that crap in your life not to a professional team you have zero control over.
Following any sports team is enough kick in the groin without witnessing mass self-punishment over a 10-4 team.