No Jimmy in the ROH this year

rags747

Reaction score
Kings always call the shots and Jerry is the King. In a sane world Employees do not get to make the rules, Jimmy was an employee. Guaranteed Jimmy is not losing any sleep over it and neither is Jerry. Jerry has much more on his plate than downing Heinekens while dragging a fishing line.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Kings always call the shots and Jerry is the King. In a sane world Employees do not get to make the rules, Jimmy was an employee. Guaranteed Jimmy is not losing any sleep over it and neither is Jerry. Jerry has much more on his plate than downing Heinekens while dragging a fishing line.
Look into Jimmy's contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
what a sad state of affairs we have with Jerry. A real man would do whats right.
Jerry is still bitter over the break up and it’s beyond obvious. He’ll never get over it. He and Jimmy act all lovey-dovey around each other in public but it’s all a facade.

MS17

Reaction score
Jimmys never going in with Jones ownership.
Not a chance. Jerry is an actor, learned long ago that when that red light glows on the camera, "jus' smile and give em a real show". He never intended to put Jimmy in the ROH. and loves it when we talk about it.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Maybe just maybe Jimmy ( after so many years waiting ) has told Jerry he has no interest in being in the ROH anymore..( kinda too little too late)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy belongs. But I am not going to lose any sleep over the debate. Or if and when it happens.
It does not effect me nor it effects what will happen on the field.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Hopefully Jimmy outlives Jerry so that perhaps Stephen can do the right thing so this won't have to be a posthumous induction.
It won’t be Stephens call it’ll be Charlotte - unless Jerry leaves something in his will telling her not too.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy did great things, but he disrespected his boss and then quit on him. I can see both sides. Now if Barry gets in, all he'll will break loose around here. LOL!

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I would not hold my breath if I were you. There is always a deathbed request scenario in which Jones would ask his children to honor his wishes on the matter.
Exactly.. See my post above about Charlotte. I wouldn’t put it past Jerry to do that.?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly.. See my post above about Charlotte. I wouldn’t put it past Jerry to do that.?
I doubt authority for the process would be passed on to Charlotte via her father. Maybe from Stephen to her sister after it is given to him in my opinion.

MS17

Reaction score
He can keep him out of the Ring of Honor forever. Jerry is still the only NFL owner that fired Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson and ran off Bill Parcells. That will always be 3 Hall of Fame NFL Coaches that could not survive Jerry Jones. There is no honor in that fact.
A very solid point, re: Landry, Johnson and Parcells. Jerry Jones wouldn't know what honor is even if it walked up and punched him in his munchkin land.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not everyone. I have no allusions about Jerry Jones. Narcissists do not let bygones be bygones.

However, I want the media to pressure Jones by continually rehashing the question of Jimmy Johnson's induction. While not guaranteed, it is the only way to affect this type of mindset and suspend tendencies that accompany it.

A similar question should be posed as, "What makes Jimmy Johnson different from every other inductee he has put into the Ring?" The franchise's Ring of Honor is a permanent acknowledgment of the inductee's legacy. It is not a vendetta monument. That is how Jones' sees it in the case of Johnson. He should be forever pestered to answer why he treats the Ring in that fashion.
they should pester him but they wont.
one reason jerry spoke out on this is to prevent or discourage media asking.
He can now say I already gave an answer for that.

vlad

Reaction score
My guess is Jerry can imagine how insane the crowd would EXPLODE for Jimmy, and every year the explosion will be that much more. It’s a shame

Rayman70

Reaction score
All descendants cursed because Jerry is petty and selfish?

Maybe a little over the top?
its been 27 years. U say maybe its over the top? I say, its happening right in front of our own eyes. Is it any accident we haven't been to a SB in the same time? Sometimes reality can be hard to handle. I get it. Can Jerry fix this? Heck yes. The question seems to be, when if ever? It seems like he's running the clock out so he can pass down his marching orders to Stevie. I see 0 way Stevie inducts Jimmy J alive or dead. Jerry will stipulate this. Each day that passes by tells me this is likely.