I have questions can I still bash Jerry for
Roy Williams trade
Running off Jimmy
Hiring JG and keeping him
The 08 and 09 drafts and several other drafts
Trading up and taking Mo
Caving in to EE
Being a crappy GM
And the rest of the long list of stuff I already bash him on like am I Grandfathered in on those and any new mistakes he makes other than if the Dak deal back fires?

plymkr

Reaction score
Jerry deserves to be bashed.

He could have signed Dak for a far lesser amount 2 years ago and avoided all the unnecessary distractions this has caused.
Jerry deserves to be bashed because he can't keep his mouth shut. I said it in another thread but in my 45 years of watching sports I've never seen a owner/gm announce that the player has all the leverage.

He announces to the world he wanted Johnny Manziel, Paxton, Dak has all the leverage. He's like a liquored up frat boy.

I'm over the contract and I'm going to support Dak cuz he's my QB. What I'm not over is the utter stupid and unprofessional behavior of our "gm". You would think after being in the business since '89 you would learn a thing or 2. Such as don't do an interview on draft day with your draft board in plain sight, or don't tip your hand in negotiations.

There's no more excuses for Jerry. No more "he's a good owner but a bad GM". This guy is an idiot, he's a football moron. Without Jimmy Johnson's team this guy hasn't won a thing.

If Dallas didn't stumble upon Romo and Prescott then the Dave Campo years would have been the norm around here. Romo and Dak have bailed Jerry out for 16 years now. Without Romo and Dak were consistently 5-11 or 6-10.

GMO415

Reaction score
Don't you all dare turn on Jerry and the FO, they did exactly what you wanted.

Lol you're assuming most of us are on board with Jerry?
We would celebrate the day he sold the team.
Don't tell me what to do. Jerry just made my list out of spite. Hahahaha

Brax

Reaction score
Much like your predictions on Dak the last two years, your assumptions of what we "all wanted" are hogwash. What we wanted was irrelevant. The fact is it was going to happen whether we "all" wanted it or not. Some of us just accepted reality before having to be hit over the head with it.

Dak didn't pay himself, and it's still on Jerry to put a half decent defense on the field for a change. If they keep trotting out the same garbage, paying Dak more money won't produce different results. As such, I reserve the right to bash Jerry as much as necessary despite your directive.
thanks, perfect reply.

EJK24

Reaction score
So let me get this right.

If we wanted Jerry to sign Dak.

we now are unable to criticize Jerry or the FO if they do something like....... overpay Zeke. Overpay a bad LB like Jaylon...., draft a bust like Taco over a future DPOY candidate like TJ Watt, draft a glass LB who can’t stay healthy in the first round, like LVE

So just because they signed 1 player to a contract extension. We can’t criticize the FO for their decisions on literally 52 other players that make up the team.....

This sounds rational to you?

Honestly this is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard in a while.

It's essentially the same guys wanting to complain and bash everything this team does that are telling you not to complain.

Dak getting a huge deal doesn't really change anything. That's just fuel for the same whiners who would complain even if we got Dak on a bargain.

The first drive we have on offense that we don't score, it will be a total meltdown about Dak/Stephen/Jerry and just about anything else they can think of.

I have no desire to tell anyone they should or shouldn't be a fan of this team or individual players but they are literally here to complain about everything and anything.

I can't imagine wanting to support/follow a team that I felt that kind of negativity about on a daily basis.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Much like your predictions on Dak the last two years, your assumptions of what we "all wanted" are hogwash. What we wanted was irrelevant. The fact is it was going to happen whether we "all" wanted it or not. Some of us just accepted reality before having to be hit over the head with it.

Dak didn't pay himself, and it's still on Jerry to put a half decent defense on the field for a change. If they keep trotting out the same garbage, paying Dak more money won't produce different results. As such, I reserve the right to bash Jerry as much as necessary despite your directive.

See there you, already setting your excuse up.

No, keep cheering. Now that he got paid don't try and be all clear eyed.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Sorry troll, Jerry has a lot more work to do. Once he actually rebuilds the defense we can talk.

After an entire night of tears and this is what you come up with?

Oh so you're preparing yourself to still be mad at Jerry after he did what you cried for him to do?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh so you're preparing yourself to still be mad at Jerry after he did what you cried for him to do?

Jerry simply did what any other GM would have done. It was the no brainer move. Now the real work starts. He needs to do something he hasnt been able to do in 25 years............build a defense.

Offense is already top 3 in the NFL.

Unless of course you are telling me that our defense is SB caliber. :muttley:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Things to be mad at Jerry about instead of the Dak signing

1. Keeping a below average Clapping HC for 6-7 years too long.
2. Signing Zeke to a ridiculous contract
3. Signing a gimpy good story below average LB to a ridiculous contract
4. Doing a horrible job in Free Agency in General
5. Lack of focus on the defense

I could go on. Lots of things to bash Jerry about still. Props to him for not allowing the franchise to enter the purgatorial QB wilderness again like after Aikman though...

Gotta give credit where credit is due. How does paying Crawford $20M for the last two years not make the list?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
OP,
Don't bother. When Dak stinks (as he did the past 3 years), his apologists will point the blame finger to Jerry who didn't hire the right coach, or draft the right personnel, or yada yada yada .. It's never gonna be Dak's fault for them

:cool:

And when he's good it will be against bad defenses, or garbage time, or the rest of the team carrying him, or yada yada yada. .

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
He did what all of you wanted. Sold the farm, and left us handicapped to an average QB.

Come game days, I don't want to see anybody other than the ones that have always been against this. Bash Jerry and Stephen and say "why did we give dak all this money? Jerry needs to go, he sucks" or "This team sucks, blow it up."

Cheering now, keep cheering when things go bad and we can't sign anyone or trade Dak.

Don't you all dare turn on Jerry and the FO, they did exactly what you wanted.

Sign Dak by any means
Big mad.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Hypocritical team leader. What's up bro?

I know you a million excuses lined up and ready to bash Jerry once Dak fails next year.

Well, there is no sense in crying over spilled milk now...we just have to see what pans out from here on out. JJ got his man, and Dak ran with it.

As for me, I'm not getting my hopes up because that pie has been cut, now let the rest of the team get the rest.

And JJ floats on his boat, happy as a clam.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Yep.... You can see those excuses from a mile away.

They wanted football utopia though.. Good luck.. Maybe we’re are that team that overcomes the mediocre QB getting paid like he is elite..
Lmaooooo

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Hypocritical team leader. What's up bro?

I know you a million excuses lined up and ready to bash Jerry once Dak fails next year.
I got them already ready.....

1) Defense sucks
2) Coaching sucks
3) Zeker is overpaid
4)Offensive line fell off.....

I got my excuses ready on deck.....I think we gonna be alright though I think its about to be a special season I can feel it.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I got them already ready.....

1) Defense sucks
2) Coaching sucks
3) Zeker is overpaid
4)Offensive line fell off.....

I got my excuses ready on deck.....I think we gonna be alright though I think its about to be a special season I can feel it.

Lol

I hope so, but I doubt it. We will see bro

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
See there you, already setting your excuse up.

No, keep cheering. Now that he got paid don't try and be all clear eyed.

You're unintentionally funny. I didn't even want to pay Dak $40 million per year, but as I succinctly stated in my first post what I (or you) wanted was irrelevant.

It's hilarious watching you and about a half dozen other bozos, one of whom has lots of posts and likes, repeatedly say dumb things because you get so emotional over Dak that your brain shuts down.

Jerry loves Dak. Anyone who paid attention knew it, and he was always going to extend him. The fact that I accepted it doesn't mean I'm "cheering", it means I'm rational and accept reality as opposed to posting stupid emotional crap that is/was never going to happen.

I hope you're a kid. If you're an adult you need to grow up.

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
You're unintentionally funny. I didn't even want to pay Dak $40 million per year, but as I succinctly stated in my first post what I (or you) wanted was irrelevant.

It's hilarious watching you and about a half dozen other bozos, one of whom has lots of posts and likes, repeatedly say dumb things because you get so emotional over Dak that your brain shuts down.

Jerry loves Dak. Anyone who paid attention knew it, and he was always going to extend him. The fact that I accepted it doesn't mean I'm "cheering", it means I'm rational and accept reality as opposed to posting stupid emotional crap that is/was never going to happen.

I hope you're a kid. If you're an adult you need to grow up.

I hope you're a kid. Only kids Stan and look at other grown men as superheros

Croomraider

Reaction score
Jerry's been bulking up on the burgers during the off-season!
He's ready to fill in at left-tackle if we need a body!