BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
58005668.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think only mistake with Dak was waiting as long as they did, it cost them more by delaying. Outside of that when Jerry named himself GM he brought the heat on himself, it goes with the job. I do think some go overboard but again he put himself in this situation. Lastly for me nothing changed, I expect these players to step up and make plays and I expect the coaches to put them in a position where they can win games, if they fail to do so then the heat comes down on them as well.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He did what all of you wanted. Sold the farm, and left us handicapped to an average QB.

Come game days, I don't want to see anybody other than the ones that have always been against this. Bash Jerry and Stephen and say "why did we give dak all this money? Jerry needs to go, he sucks" or "This team sucks, blow it up."

Cheering now, keep cheering when things go bad and we can't sign anyone or trade Dak.

Don't you all dare turn on Jerry and the FO, they did exactly what you wanted.

Sign Dak by any means

Who exactly is "All of you"?

End of Day, Dak and his agent did go for the money and they were in it for themselves and screw any other player, that's just the truth. End of Day, Jerry and the team did give in, just like they always do, nobody forced them to write that deal. Each are beholding to the decisions they made.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think only mistake with Dak was waiting as long as they did, it cost them more by delaying. Outside of that when Jerry named himself GM he brought the heat on himself, it goes with the job. I do think some go overboard but again he put himself in this situation. Lastly for me nothing changed, I expect these players to step up and make plays and I expect the coaches to put them in a position where they can win games, if they fail to do so then the heat comes down on them as well.

There is no proof, at all, that it was the team who waited.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There is no proof, at all, that it was the team who waited.

It is a fact Dallas did not want to sign him on a 4 year deal. In the end we did sign him this year to a 4 year deal. Coach Johnson complained about the same thing of not getting him signed sooner.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It is a fact Dallas did not want to sign him on a 4 year deal. In the end we did sign him this year to a 4 year deal. Coach Johnson complained about the same thing of not getting him signed sooner.

Yeah, so? That doesn't prove anything. Dak and his representation originally started with a 3 year contract demand. Jimmy Johnson complained about a lot of things over the years. He did that because he wanted to be in Miami and not in Dallas. Again, what does any of that prove?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, so? That doesn't prove anything. Dak and his representation originally started with a 3 year contract demand. Jimmy Johnson complained about a lot of things over the years. He did that because he wanted to be in Miami and not in Dallas. Again, what does any of that prove?

You say there is no proof that is your view, others who cover reported numerous times of Dak wanting a 4 year deal and Dallas wanting 5 year deal. I take you know more than everyone else? lol Clearly you have your own opinion and I will leave it at that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You say there is no proof that is your view, others who cover reported numerous times of Dak wanting a 4 year deal and Dallas wanting 5 year deal. I take you know more than everyone else? lol Clearly you have your own opinion and I will leave it at that.

It is not my view. It is based on the fact that I've seen no proof, to date, that proves what you say is true. I mean, maybe what you say is true but then again, maybe it's a lot of pie in the sky.

Show proof and I'll back the train up. But if you can't, then what I said is accurate.

So yeah, leave it wherever you like. But show the proof or back up the bus....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is not my view. It is based on the fact that I've seen no proof, to date, that proves what you say is true. I mean, maybe what you say is true but then again, maybe it's a lot of pie in the sky.

Show proof and I'll back the train up. But if you can't, then what I said is accurate.

So yeah, leave it wherever you like. But show the proof or back up the bus....

Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones was asked about Prescott’s contract during his appearance on 105.3 The Fan Wednesday. He confirmed previous reports that the issue has been the length of the contract.

“Our issues in our negotiations with Dak have been that we’re wanting to be more committed, in terms of the (number of years). We’re not nervous to sign Dak,” Jones said,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-contract-talks-with-dak-prescott/ar-BB1bMm76

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones was asked about Prescott’s contract during his appearance on 105.3 The Fan Wednesday. He confirmed previous reports that the issue has been the length of the contract.

“Our issues in our negotiations with Dak have been that we’re wanting to be more committed, in terms of the (number of years). We’re not nervous to sign Dak,” Jones said,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-contract-talks-with-dak-prescott/ar-BB1bMm76

Yes, but what would you expect him to say and BTW, it WAS an issue. Had that contract been written earlier, that Cap Hit absolutely becomes a huge issue. Lets also remember that the price continued to go up, every time the AAV was met. So how are you gonna fit a big cap hit contract into the financial fabric of the team when you only have 3 years? The answer is you don't and you should actually be thanking your lucky stars it didn't happen because we could not have payed out a 40 AAV deal without losing some key pieces, especially after Covid.

So again, what does that statement or that link have to do with anything? This is all about timing, plain and simple. That is not proof of anything, other then the Cowboys plan all along was to get to a point where they would have access to new TV money to get a deal done. That's it and that does not happen with a three year deal.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes, but what would you expect him to say and BTW, it WAS an issue. Had that contract been written earlier, that Cap Hit absolutely becomes a huge issue. Lets also remember that the price continued to go up, every time the AAV was met. So how are you gonna fit a big cap hit contract into the financial fabric of the team when you only have 3 years? The answer is you don't and you should actually be thanking your lucky stars it didn't happen because we could not have payed out a 40 AAV deal without losing some key pieces, especially after Covid.

So again, what does that statement or that link have to do with anything? This is all about timing, plain and simple. That is not proof of anything, other then the Cowboys plan all along was to get to a point where they would have access to new TV money to get a deal done. That's it and that does not happen with a three year deal.

I gave you what you asked for and that is not good enough, forget you. I commented the issue was years on the deal, Stephen Jones says it was years on the deal only you are the one going on about this. You are wrong and can't deal with it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Oh, there will be even more Jerry bashing by Dak groupies because they will lay Dak’s failures over the next 4 years at Jerry’s feet

just watch

if only we had all-Pros at all 5 OL positions
If only we had a top 5 defense
If only ....

never Dak’s fault

Never any one player's fault...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I gave you what you asked for and that is not good enough, forget you. I commented the issue was years on the deal, Stephen Jones says it was years on the deal only you are the one going on about this. You are wrong and can't deal with it.

Yawn.........

kskboys

Reaction score
If you look at the numbers, Dak lost a couple million or so by not taking the proferred contract offer prior to the 19 season. He didn't gain anything.