No more Jerry bashing for the next 4 years

ShortRound

Reaction score
Don't you all dare turn on Jerry and the FO, they did exactly what you wanted.

Lol you're assuming most of us are on board with Jerry?
We would celebrate the day he sold the team.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
While I feel the same way....what incentive did Dak have to do a deal 2 years ago for cheaper? Seems like this was always the end game from the looks of things and if not then he's a lucky man.

Dak had a huge incentive to sign 2 years ago.

Remember he played two years ago on the 4th year of his rookie contract which paid him around $2 million. He took all the risk because I’d he suffered a career ending injury that season (2019) he would never cash in. He almost certainly would have signed a contract a little above what a Wentz and Goff received, say $33-34 million/year.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He did what all of you wanted. Sold the farm, and left us handicapped to an average QB.

Come game days, I don't want to see anybody other than the ones that have always been against this. Bash Jerry and Stephen and say "why did we give dak all this money? Jerry needs to go, he sucks" or "This team sucks, blow it up."

Cheering now, keep cheering when things go bad and we can't sign anyone or trade Dak.

Sign Dak by any means

If Dak is average, then Romo was. And Aikman was, 141 int's to 165 td's, who did zip after 1995 when his defense wasn't stacked. But ONLY Dak gets that delusional label.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Oh, there will be even more Jerry bashing by Dak groupies because they will lay Dak’s failures over the next 4 years at Jerry’s feet

just watch

if only we had all-Pros at all 5 OL positions
If only we had a top 5 defense
If only ....

never Dak’s fault

If not Jerry, then Stephen, and if not those two, then McCarthy. Then either Steele or Knight or Williams.

mardwin

Reaction score
This signing is not about winning is about keeping the Cowboys relevant. Getting away from Dak sends a sense of rebuilding, this front office are pros at cutting corners without results. This team regardless will get 10-8 wins next season but still talked about which is all that matters.

stiletto

Reaction score
Things to be mad at Jerry about instead of the Dak signing

1. Keeping a below average Clapping HC for 6-7 years too long.
2. Signing Zeke to a ridiculous contract
3. Signing a gimpy good story below average LB to a ridiculous contract
4. Doing a horrible job in Free Agency in General
5. Lack of focus on the defense

I could go on. Lots of things to bash Jerry about still. Props to him for not allowing the franchise to enter the purgatorial QB wilderness again like after Aikman though...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak had a huge incentive to sign 2 years ago.

Remember he played two years ago on the 4th year of his rookie contract which paid him around $2 million. He took all the risk because I’d he suffered a career ending injury that season (2019) he would never cash in. He almost certainly would have signed a contract a little above what a Wentz and Goff received, say $33-34 million/year.
But he showed time and time again he was willing to take the risk of injury.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He did what all of you wanted. Sold the farm, and left us handicapped to an average QB.

Come game days, I don't want to see anybody other than the ones that have always been against this. Bash Jerry and Stephen and say "why did we give dak all this money? Jerry needs to go, he sucks" or "This team sucks, blow it up."

Cheering now, keep cheering when things go bad and we can't sign anyone or trade Dak.

Sign Dak by any means
Can't trade him?

Even Wince fetched what in all likelihood will be a 1st and a 3rd and he was horrific.

Doubt we are in a spot where they need to trade him and cant.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I could go on. Lots of things to bash Jerry about still. Props to him for not allowing the franchise to enter the purgatorial QB wilderness again like after Aikman though...
Nice post.

The last sentence is exactly why yesterday was definitely going to happen, was just a matter numbers and when.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Sign Dak by any means

When I disagree with Jerry I say so and when I don't disagree I say so as well. Nothing changes in that regard. I don't see the team being handicapped by this deal matter of fact it beats the hell out of the 37 million franchise tag. if the cap was stagnate never increasing then of course this would be an issue but the cap is not standing still and with Dak counting at 10% of the cap which is less than last season on the tag this team still has the ability to pick up players in FA and of course the draft. I expect this team to go out and win ball games and I expect Dak to lead this offense. If they fail to produce then of course I will say as much. One thing I can't control nor do I care to control is fans with their opinions pro or con.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Sign Dak by any means
oh, I will continue to criticize him, although I am happy he signed Dak.....he needs to prepare the team and scouting dept. better for defensive drafting given our track record over the past 15 years is 1 impact player picked....compared to offense where we picked which is about 8 or 9.

I will never say why did they pay Dak. I will say why did we pay Martin 14M....when was the last time a team won a championship because they had the highest paid guard in the league. I will say why did he pay Jaylon and made him top 5 paid LB, Mr. Club Foot stands around watches other players run right by him....

Jones' did one of the things I wanted. there are so many other things they do wrong. even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then

but what I will ask you not to do is over analyze to death, every throw, every pass, every down, every series, every quarter, every half, every game, every run, every interception, every incompletion Dak plays

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Sign Dak by any means

I also think Dak is average. Actually to me he is a bit below average.

Still JJ did not sell the farm for him. When you look at his contract the first 2 years is a win for the FO. The third year will be 44 mils. But i think that will be the year we will see a new contract for him.

Overall the contract is not what people try to put it. It is not that much money.

Still it is too much for Dak Prescott. Just because i am convinced he is not the QB that will be able to win something meaningfull for this franchise.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

Agreed on all points. As far as your last comment, the Anti-Dak group has never come to grips with the alternate to signing Dak. They seemed to think that getting a high quality QB is liking stopping at the local Walmart for a loaf of bread. There have been teams riding the QB merry-go-round for years and years. The reality in today's NFL is you overpay for a quality QB or you run the high risk of spending years trying to replace the QB you didn't want to over-pay.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
OP,
Don't bother. When Dak stinks (as he did the past 3 years), his apologists will point the blame finger to Jerry who didn't hire the right coach, or draft the right personnel, or yada yada yada .. It's never gonna be Dak's fault for them

:cool:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Sign Dak by any means
Keep me out of this...I think I might be the last coherent guy to see the insanity of this deal. Never wanted it. Jerry caved to the pressure....that's what losers do. Funny...this just cements the Jerry legacy as the worst owner in team history.

plymkr

Reaction score
Well, what's done is done. Congrats to Dak, now it is REALLY up to him now...the pressure is on. Good job JJ. I hope we get some more good players, cause this is not a one man show, although that one man got his money.

Cowboys on three...1,2,3 COWBOYS.
COWBOYS!!!!!!