No negative nancies! The say something positive thread

rwalters31

Reaction score
This is a Cowboys message board for Dallas Cowboys Fans (short for fanatics!!!!). But yet there's an awful lot of tearing this team, it's players, it's coaches, and it's ownership down.

Your mission, as a tried and true Dallas Cowboys FAN is to post at least one reason why you are excited and optimistic about this upcoming season!

Can you do it????

I'll go first:

I can not wait to see Tony Romo throw behind potentially the best young offensive line in football, and the running lanes they will open for DeMarco Murray!!!

I get giddy just thinking about it!

I was once a very positive Cowboy fan and then Jimmy Johnson left. Since then the Cowboys have been Bottom Feeders except 2007 (I think) when we had no injuries and a bottom tear schedule and we went 13-3. With Jerry as GM, acting coach, Scout Director, and injury evaluator the cowboys are now stuck at 8-8 until Romo leaves and the Cowboys start drafting in the top 5 picks! Oh No Jerry is still picking in the draft! OK there goes my my positive attitude!!

PS

I am still a Cowboy fan!! :p:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I was once a very positive Cowboy fan and then Jimmy Johnson left. Since then the Cowboys have been Bottom Feeders except 2007 (I think) when we had no injuries and a bottom tear schedule and we went 13-3. With Jerry as GM, acting coach, Scout Director, and injury evaluator the cowboys are now stuck at 8-8 until Romo leaves and the Cowboys start drafting in the top 5 picks! Oh No Jerry is still picking in the draft! OK there goes my my positive attitude!!

PS

Party pooper. :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Tony Romo is still a top 5 QB when healthy (esp if the deep ball is reincorporated in the offense). Murray is in a contract year and will be on a warpath.
The OL should enable this team to run the ball with any back, so Murray will go off but if the bug does hit him, Dunbar and co. should also succeed behind that talent.

Wilcox will improve as this is his only 3rd season playing Safety (in his football career) while also displaying instincts and big hit ability. Future starting SS for team. Mo looks to have matured his perspective towards preparation in regards to his recent strength increase and more confident approach towards his role and responsibility to the team considering his draft status, etc.

Lawrence looks like an interesting prospect to build on who should contribute immediately as a rusher or even starter by game 1 (who else do we REALLY have? This is a passing league that doesn't follow the run on first/second down format as much as it has in the past (maybe outside of SEA, SF, ?) If he is is a liability then you have to pull him but I would go go with the trial by fire approach before automatically delegating him to pass rush duty. The team has gotten better @ playing youth (mostly from lack of talent) but going Selvie/Crawford would not generate much of any pass rush outside of Melton/Selvie in that base 4.

Melton is more of a bad ace than anyone on this D in a long time and have contributed to the D's lack of identity (Lacking toughness/identity/confidence through tough stops/big plays, etc.)

Hennings, Haley, Irvin, Big E, Woody, TO--to a degree,and Roy in his first 5 years even with the coverage difficulties, and Dez/Murray/Fred on O. Melton would be the lone alpha of this D (with Lee down) as of right now-before rookies are able to develop into those roles (Law/Hitchins mostly, but Wilcox has this potential as well). These are leaders or "sparks", some a little "off," but still understand the intricacies of their position, while maintaining the passion to improve and do whatever is to help the team.

Look to Dez's frustration in the DET game. He tolerated not being a focal that day (3 targets/ 2 catches - 52 yards while TW had 13 targets/3 catches) and the RZ gaffes, etc. even with all the CJ pregame talk. He was fine while winning, when saw that the maturity was lost due to coaching incompetence; he left the field before getting emotional or worst. That is player that bought into the concept, but saw the coaching staff not setting up the players to win and felt played. "We know what we are doing, we know what we are doing" (coaching staff) "REALLY...how do you blow THIS game? It was sewn up on SO many opportunities. (Lee 3 INTS that put is in DAL territory that were wasted. Lack of targets, shockingly poor game management, etc. I would've done a lot more than yell and leave the field, tell ya that much.

Esco has been seen in the slot recently; with lack of strength, seems like a concept that could've been incorporated last season:confused:

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see our no name defense come out attacking and give 110% on every play, learn from mistakes, and be significantly improved from last year by the end of the season. Sean Lee will be just like another coach for the linebackers and he and Eberflus will field a quality group, one of the promising young candidates for safety will emerge as our John Lynch, the best nine or ten defensive lineman will make the team and be disruptive all along the line, Claiborne and Carr will have career years, Scandrick will continue at his level of play and Moore or whoever ends up as the fourth CB will be a big improvement over Webb last year.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Apologize, got the GB and DET game mixed up regarding the Dez segment. Some aspects of the frustration still apply, just not leaving the field/targets aspects. My mistake.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Boyz are back in the Super Bowl!!!!

A statement uttered after the 92-93, 93-94, 95-96 seasons.

Wood

Reaction score
I am most excited to see what this WR core can do. They have maybe most talent I have seen as a fan. No reason this team shouldn't put up ton of points. Having said that...I think they need to run more.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Cowboys are number 1 on the only list that matters....................FORBES!

scooper

Reaction score
They'll be back #1 before long. Garrett has is pointing in the right direction.

Shedding dead weight from the roster. Building the team from the trenches out. It's a good time to be a fan of Americas Team.

DFWJC

Reaction score

PS

Keep your chin up.

Btw, besides 2007, Dallas was 11-5 and won a playoff game in 2009. :D

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
They'll be back #1 before long. Garrett has this pointing in the right direction.

Shedding dead weight from the roster. Building the team from the trenches out. It's a good time to be a fan of Americas Team.

Get him working on that coaching direction and we are on the same page;) To his credit, he did bring in Linehan to assist in that department (play calling/protecting a bad defense/creative routes for receivers/rbs, etc.) outside of managing the game clock which still has me holding my breath a lil bit :D The three 1st rounders on the OL are a blessing and a great foundation to build upon for the long term; giving the team a lot of flexibility for this season and the distant future.

I like Rod as the DC being a players coach and putting up respectable Defenses as DC in CHI (9tth, 17th, and 5th), also leading the league in INTs and TOs in his last season there. I hope he can incorporate more man D to play to the strengths of the secondary and believe he is much more capable of in game adjustments than what was displayed last season. Does you know if Rod call plays from the booth or the sideline?

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

PS

You could argue that Jerry has improved over the 2 decades. Three 5-11 seasons are now three 8-8 seasons.

Next stop.... Three 11-5 seasons. :)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get him working on that coaching direction and we are on the same page;) To his credit, he did bring in Linehan to assist in that department (play calling/protecting a bad defense/creative routes for receivers/rbs, etc.) outside of managing the game clock which still has me holding my breath a lil bit :D The three 1st rounders on the OL are a blessing and a great foundation to build upon for the long term; giving the team a lot of flexibility for this season and the distant future.

I like Rod as the DC being a players coach and putting up respectable Defenses as DC in CHI (9tth, 17th, and 5th), also leading the league in INTs and TOs in his last season there. I hope he can incorporate more man D to play to the strengths of the secondary and believe he is much more capable of in game adjustments than what was displayed last season. Does you know if Rod call plays from the booth or the sideline?

I've heard the Marinelli will be on the sideline with Kiffin helping him from the booth.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm anxious to see our no name defense come out attacking and give 110% on every play, learn from mistakes, and be significantly improved from last year by the end of the season. Sean Lee will be just like another coach for the linebackers and he and Eberflus will field a quality group, one of the promising young candidates for safety will emerge as our John Lynch, the best nine or ten defensive lineman will make the team and be disruptive all along the line, Claiborne and Carr will have career years, Scandrick will continue at his level of play and Moore or whoever ends up as the fourth CB will be a big improvement over Webb last year.
That's an excellent expectation for Sean Lee. He has struggled healthwise for himself, his team, and fans, but his dedication and passion are unquestionable. He will be forced to the sidelines again, but he should prove to be a remarkable asset off the field.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I've heard the Marinelli will be on the sideline with Kiffin helping him from the booth.

I like that format because it still allows Rod to have direct feedback from our players as to what the opponents are doing (specifically, in the trenches, holds the OL are getting away with that need to be schemed around, etc.) or in game adjustments. Hopefully Kiff can assist in the coverage gaffes/pick plays that may be exploiting the D from the booth.

morasp

Reaction score
That's an excellent expectation for Sean Lee. He has struggled healthwise for himself, his team, and fans, but his dedication and passion are unquestionable. He will be forced to the sidelines again, but he should prove to be a remarkable asset off the field.

Definitely, and I think he played a role in Holloman's improvement last year.