No Nick Chubb for the Browns against Dallas in week 1

rambo2

Reaction score
NO WAY hmm maybe 90% they are 10% they arent YET and like i said maybe they do but I'd wait to see them have to be forced to cut 1, there are four or five teams that have some really deep running backs. why not wait at least 4 days and see who gets dropped...
Because you have to wait your turn on the waiver wire. If you make the trade you get the guy that you want and it might not cost much.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I never said they didn't or did make calls. I said i'm shocked they haven't. Maybe they have. I wouldn't know.
i do believe they're definitely comfortable with rico and zeke... i also believe that they'd be very comfy with DV being the scatback, you know the change of pace back...

That's the question is hunter good enough that you can't put him on the practice squad and hide him or can we stash him there and bring ion anther Back and use Zeke as a FB which is what he brings right now is the same skillset but a tad better than hunter..hmm

how much STs did Hunter log? Is he at the top of everyone's list as far as if we put him on the practice squad he's gone? or ? i truly believe we can get that out of one of our tight ends....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because you have to wait your turn on the waiver wire. If you make the trade you get the guy that you want and it might not cost much.
Yeah that brings the question is how much draft capital are you willing to give up?

Praxit

Reaction score
..just so you remember. This game for Cle, already has playoff implications for them...lol...

Why? Its The Dallas Cowboys. Everyone wants piece of the pie.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's why you make calls.
Again we don't know that they're not making calls so we can let that rest now.. The assumptions can only be stretched so much in this conversation it's now ended... We will find out one way or the other before game one whether they're bringing in a running back or not... I gotta tell you though I'm comfortable with our offensive line the way it is with what we have..

rambo2

Reaction score
Again we don't know that they're not making calls so we can let that rest now.. The assumptions can only be stretched so much in this conversation it's now ended... We will find out one way or the other before game one whether they're bringing in a running back or not... I gotta tell you though I'm comfortable with our offensive line the way it is with what we have..
I'm comfortable too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He averaged 4.0 a carry last season and only 1.9 in the playoffs.
You need to look a little deeper at some of his games against good defenses.....

He lit up the Ravens for 6 yards per carry, the Steelers for 6 yards a carry, Colts for 6 yards a carry, the Broncos for 7 yards a carry and the Jets for 5 yards a carry.

I saw the Cardinals and Bills run for over 400 yards against us. So yeah you gotta excuse me for thinking a guy who has numerous games of over 6 yards a carry could potentially gash us.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
This game has under written all over it. Two very good defenses. Lamb might be a little rusty, young o-line going against a talented Browns d-line. Chubb out, shaky pass offense with an erratic QB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Let's go ahead and say it. The Cowboys caught a break here. Chubb is an absolute beast when healthy but I guess this move says he wasn't going to be healthy anyway. The other kids are fine but they aint Chubb. My only fear is that with no Chubb we really won't learn as much as we would have hoped about our run defense. If they shut the other guys down it will really say nothing about us. We will have to wait for Baltimore to get those answers.

plasticman

Reaction score
However, the Browns activated both original starting OT's. They were both recovering from injuries sustained in the 2023 season.

The Browns will try to have them ready to pair up with their two Pro Bowl guards and veteran Center.

On the other hand, Chubb isn't their only injured RB. Ford may just be their only healthy veteran RB. Strong and Foreman are questionable.