No plan B, by Leighton Vander Esch

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Pretty cool I have my eggs in Plan A with need or want for B. So many bumps in the road but I ain’t afraid of no ghost
:cool:

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
While I can congratulate those that are determined enough (along with lucky enough) to succeed with their "Plan A", there is no such thing as "Plan A or Bust" mentality. There are too many undefined variables and uncontrollable situations to say with any certainty that Plan A will work out.

Taking "Plan A or Bust" literally, if we as humans lived by that mentality, the chances of humans as a species existing today would be slim to none.

Example, what is LVE going to do if he suffers a major injury in the next year or so? Is he going to kill himself as that is what the "or Bust" implies. Or is he going to move on and attempt to be successful in the next chapter of his life? I really hope he is able to move on when (there is no if there) needed.

Again, I'm not saying don't do everything in your power to reach your ultimate dream and Plan A, but for 99.9999999999...% of humans that have ever existed in the history of mankind, they have to go on past "Plan A" to survive. Then looking at some of the most successful people to ever live, it was because they learned from their Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, .... failures and found out how to truly succeed.

No disrespect to anyone, but just pointing out a serious fallacy with the "Plan A or Bust" mentality.
Plan A or bust mentality is for someone that accepts a challenge in life fueled by passion but shows doubts by labeling it.
My plan A is to become a dentist. I doubted myself enough to not tell anyone My freshman year of community college cause looking at the big picture at that point mixed with low self-esteem and being first generation college and low income background I could see why now lol. I ended up at the local university president of a Dental society and cutting corneas from cadavers over a course of 3 years. I wasn’t the straight A student but nobody has a more competitive resume when applying to dental school than me.

You doubt yourself in the beginning because you have to be mentally and/or physically challenged to the point where the only person you trust is in the mirror.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
... Sport hunting bears and wolves is not "fun" or "entertaining", it's disgusting.

You might also consider whether the sight of a calf with its throat ripped out or a still-living, but eviscerated lamb is disgusting as well. I guess it depends on what animal you think is more important.

cern

Reaction score
You might also consider whether the sight of a calf with its throat ripped out or a still-living, but eviscerated lamb is disgusting as well. I guess it depends on what animal you think is more important.
While making no statement regarding hunting said animals, i always choose the species that naturally belong in the habitat. That leaves out cattle and sheep.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
While making no statement regarding hunting said animals, i always choose the species that naturally belong in the habitat. That leaves out cattle and sheep.

Does your position extend itself to humans?

cern

Reaction score
Does your position extend itself to humans?
Some fish left the oceans for land. Some animals left the land for the oceans. First birds didn't fly. As long as the process involved natural srlection, no problems.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
please write about your mindset growing up on another thread. not the fan zone. as enthralling as i'm sure it is, i'd prefer not to have to read it.
If you read the article you would know those are the wolf hunters words.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the whole “Plan B” thing.

I mean, you hear people all the time be like, “If what I really want to happen doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll go with Plan B.” And I get it. I really do. But sometimes, there’s no room for a Plan B, you know? Sometimes in life it’s just gotta be Plan A or bust.

Like: No alternatives. One path. Period.

That was definitely my mindset growing up (more on that in a bit), and — now that I think about it — that do-or-die, go-for-broke mentality is one this Cowboys team ended up adopting earlier in the season.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/leighton-vander-esh-enter-the-wolf-hunter
Great read great kid and player. He is already special but is only going to get better.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I am wrong then, perhaps it is legal, but one could argue that it is immoral. Anyway, as I said, I realize that I am in the minority, especially among the fan base of a Texas-based team. Sport hunting bears and wolves is not "fun" or "entertaining", it's disgusting.
This is all I will say as not to go down the rabbit hole of what is immoral or what not, there is a lot of things in this world that you and I will find disgusting or immoral. There is plenty society allows that I find even more disgusting than hunting a handful of wolves. You and I will differ and agree on things if we a made list.

jrumann59

Reaction score
most cattle is usually domesticated animals from that habitat or similar. Big Horn Rams are as much sheep as a one raised on farm. But I do agree that invasion into habitats due to booming population is pretty hypocritical considering the people that move there are usually the first to scream "planet first".

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Some fish left the oceans for land. Some animals left the land for the oceans. First birds didn't fly. As long as the process involved natural srlection, no problems.

Isn't the displacement of predators by apex predators natural selection?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the whole “Plan B” thing.

I mean, you hear people all the time be like, “If what I really want to happen doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll go with Plan B.” And I get it. I really do. But sometimes, there’s no room for a Plan B, you know? Sometimes in life it’s just gotta be Plan A or bust.

Like: No alternatives. One path. Period.

That was definitely my mindset growing up (more on that in a bit), and — now that I think about it — that do-or-die, go-for-broke mentality is one this Cowboys team ended up adopting earlier in the season.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/leighton-vander-esh-enter-the-wolf-hunter
Thanks for finding and sharing

I would read Cowboyszone Teen Beat all day

cern

Reaction score
most cattle is usually domesticated animals from that habitat or similar. Big Horn Rams are as much sheep as a one raised on farm. But I do agree that invasion into habitats due to booming population is pretty hypocritical considering the people that move there are usually the first to scream "planet first".
cattle and sheep were essentially hydridized from their wild counterparts so they could be easily herded. domestic sheep do not possess the majestic beauty of a big horn sheep. and they can't move in the mountains like the ram. they were bred to walk the meadows and destroy the vegetation. though I admit to enjoying a nice rack of lamb.