No players brought in this week,

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Jerry’s philosophy about team build this summer has come back and blown up in his face.

His stubbornness will not allow him to bring guys in after the week he had. He needs to prove to the world that he’s actually been right the whole time and he’s gonna show us

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Am I missing anything? No trades, no free agents, no nothing to improve a team that has been blown out at home 3 times this season. Surely I am missing something?
Jerry would rather be right than be better.

He's being criticized for not doing enough to build the roster this past off-season, and he wants desperately to prove everyone wrong. He won't, but that is not important. It's the Jones Way, going on 3 decades now.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Think the FO is ia already in 2025 mode.........2024 goal was to get Lamb resigned and extend Dak and the rest of the chips fall wherever.

*** Winning season and playoffs ......unlikely but they will take it
*** Losing season and high draft picks.......
Just me but if we head toward a losing season and no playoff, I can see them firing MM before the season ends. Sneaky way of tanking for a top 10 draft pick.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I think the plan all along was a partial tank, after signing DP and CL push as much money as you can into 2025 and get a top 10 pick while ensuring the run way is clear for a new coach.

Then sing the praises of the new coaching staff and all the new draft pick, sign Micah and maybe more FA's next year.

Don't announce it as may hurt revenues, but make that the plan,

The problem is it blew up sooner (before playoffs) and in very lopsided beatings at home that he did not expect. JJ has gotten caught and he does not like it.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I saw Amari Cooper in Cleveland . He ain’t helping Buffalo sorry . This is not Amari Cooper Raiders and early Cowboys career . As it relates to Dallas I would not start throwing draft picks out the window with this group .

mfiggs18

Reaction score
It's painfully obvious they have no intention of competing this year and just waiting for next year.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw Amari Cooper in Cleveland . He ain’t helping Buffalo sorry . This is not Amari Cooper Raiders and early Cowboys career . As it relates to Dallas I would not start throwing draft picks out the window with this group .
If you think Amari was the issue in Cleveland you weren't watching Amari. Dude is probably the best route runner in the league since Jerry Rice. His routes are a thing of beauty. His hands are mid, but still, he was not the problem. He caught as many TDs in the last 4 weeks with Joe Flacco as he did the previous 13 IN 2023. He's going to ignite with Allen once he settles into that offense, maybe 2 weeks from now

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Phillips has already cost Dallas a pick in 2026 and he’s not even playing .
They gave us a 7th (2026) with Phillips, for a 6th. So we kind of just traded down though it is a year later, not lose a pick.

Agree I wouldn't trade right now though.