Twitter: No QB could win with this defense

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Robert Littal ‏@BlkSportsOnline 11m
So I saw this headline and was curious if it was true or not and I came to two conclusions... pic.twitter.com/SxyB72sXzw

1st conclusion is it amazing the Cowboys are even over .500 considering their defensive stats. So in reality Romo is "winning" with team
2nd conclusion. 13 teams give up 25 or more points a game. 4 of have winning records. The QBs of those teams? Romo, Manning, McCown, Geno
So in theory, there are more QBs that could win with this particular Cowboys team. By the numbers
Sidenote. The team that gives up the most points? Commanders at 31+, I doubt any QB can win with team giving up 31 PPG
Another sidenote 4 Youngin QBs doing well? Russ, Kap, Canelo & Cam? Their defenses give up less than 18 PPG
Russ, Kap & Cameron defenses give up less than 16 PPG a game.
So maybe after you draft a Youngin QB, your #1 priority should be a stout defense, seems to be a pattern for success

hairic

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rodgers won a Super Bowl with the 32nd ranked defense.

Wonder what it feels like to have a truly elite QB like Rodgers.

Rodgers won a SB in 2010 with the 5th ranked defense. In 2011 he led the Packers to a 15-1 record with the 32nd ranked defense which gave up 411.6 yards per game. The Cowboys 32nd ranked defense is giving up 426.8 yards per game which is currently the 4th most in NFL history. You certainly can't pin what happened last night on Romo the Bears scored on every possession. It's the second time this season where the opponents punter never had to step on the field against the Cowboys. The Cowboys offense went right down the field on their first possession and scored but the inability of the Cowboys defense to stop the Bears forced the Cowboys to go away from what they were doing offensively.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The defense is an excuse for Tony Romo. He always has an excuse. Yesterday, he could not carry this team at any point in the game. If the running game had not been on par, we would've been obliterated. 07, 08, 09 we were a top ten defense, what did we accomplish? Last year when Baltimore won the Super Bowl, they were 17th in total defense we were 19th and couldn't even make the playoffs. Last year, 4 teams had worse defenses than the Cowboys, who, incidentally, made the playoffs. Let that sink in. So they had no excuses with worse defenses that made the playoffs.

2 years ago, New England barely lost the Super Bowl, guess what their defensive ranking was? 31st. Guess where Dallas' defense was ranked? 14th. Guess where the Super Bowl champs defense ranked that year? 27th
We didn't even make the playoffs that year.Guess how many teams made the playoffs that year with worse defenses than Dallas? 6. And guess who had the 32nd ranked defense that year, GREEN BAY. They were in the playoffs.

Shall I go on? I can if you need me to.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

They weren't anything like this D. Our D is legendary kind of bad now.

khiladi

Reaction score
For the last 6 years and half of this season plus, when our offense couldn't convert a third down...

no team could win with this offense...

khiladi

Reaction score
The Cowboys offense went right down the field on their first possession and scored but the inability of the Cowboys defense to stop the Bears forced the Cowboys to go away from what they were doing offensively.

That's typica Cowboys offense for you. From after first drive onward, until late in the third, your going 3 and out.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Robert Littal ‏@BlkSportsOnline 11m
So I saw this headline and was curious if it was true or not and I came to two conclusions... pic.twitter.com/SxyB72sXzw

1st conclusion is it amazing the Cowboys are even over .500 considering their defensive stats. So in reality Romo is "winning" with team
2nd conclusion. 13 teams give up 25 or more points a game. 4 of have winning records. The QBs of those teams? Romo, Manning, McCown, Geno
So in theory, there are more QBs that could win with this particular Cowboys team. By the numbers
Sidenote. The team that gives up the most points? Commanders at 31+, I doubt any QB can win with team giving up 31 PPG
Another sidenote 4 Youngin QBs doing well? Russ, Kap, Canelo & Cam? Their defenses give up less than 18 PPG
Russ, Kap & Cameron defenses give up less than 16 PPG a game.
So maybe after you draft a Youngin QB, your #1 priority should be a stout defense, seems to be a pattern for success

Defense is non-existence.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score

They were also 11th in passer rating allowed.

That's a much better ranking then any team we have had since 07.

Edit: that was 2011 season. 2010 season they had the best passer rating allowed in the league at 67.3.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Green Bay had the 5th ranked defense during the 2010 regular season. Green Bay won the Super Bowl in February 2011.

Nation

Reaction score
From 2010-2013 no team has had a worse passer rating against than the Dallas Cowboys defense. Look no further than that when you wonder why the team has failed.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They weren't this bad. This defense is 10x worse than what he had.

True. Not even the same ballpark.

Then again, he was full of it saying they were 32nd ranked. He got his years mixed up.

But then again, Rodgers IS better...fwiw.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
The defense is an excuse for Tony Romo. He always has an excuse. Yesterday, he could not carry this team at any point in the game. If the running game had not been on par, we would've been obliterated. 07, 08, 09 we were a top ten defense, what did we accomplish? Last year when Baltimore won the Super Bowl, they were 17th in total defense we were 19th and couldn't even make the playoffs. Last year, 4 teams had worse defenses than the Cowboys, who, incidentally, made the playoffs. Let that sink in. So they had no excuses with worse defenses that made the playoffs.

2 years ago, New England barely lost the Super Bowl, guess what their defensive ranking was? 31st. Guess where Dallas' defense was ranked? 14th. Guess where the Super Bowl champs defense ranked that year? 27th
We didn't even make the playoffs that year.Guess how many teams made the playoffs that year with worse defenses than Dallas? 6. And guess who had the 32nd ranked defense that year, GREEN BAY. They were in the playoffs.

Shall I go on? I can if you need me to.

New England was 17th in passer rating allowed and 12th in yards per pass attempt allowed.
I don't understand why people continue to use the outdated volume stats to rate defenses. It would be like classifying our offense purely on the basis of passing yardage.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its one thing to be a bad defense. You can win with a bad defense. Its the fact this defense can't get off the field. Constantly getting 3rd down's converted on them. Part of it is coaching IMO. Why are you zoning up on a 3rd down when you have no pass rush? You are praying for Ware and Selvie to get there?

Nav22

Reaction score
Anyone notice how the clown who posted false, fraudulent info on the Packers' 2010 Super Bowl team in a lame attempt at blaming Romo is nowhere to be found now? I did.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's typica Cowboys offense for you. From after first drive onward, until late in the third, your going 3 and out.

The Cowboys got put in a position where they had to match scores with them on every possession. With the Bears scoring on every possession the Cowboys couldn't afford to go 3 and out once. Hard to believe a team could score on every possession on a windy night with a wind chill hovering around -7. Murray could have probably gone over 200 yards rushing had the Cowboys been able to force the Bears to punt a couple of times.

I didn't like the fact the Cowboys continued to run the ball when down by 28 early in the 4th quarter. Although they were having success running it they needed some quick scores. They were just eating up the clock by continuing to run the ball. When you're down by 28 in the 4th quarter you have to take some chances especially when your defense can't make a stop.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The Cowboys got put in a position where they had to match scores with them on every possession. With the Bears scoring on every possession the Cowboys couldn't afford to go 3 and out once. Hard to believe a team could score on every possession on a windy night with a wind chill hovering around -7. Murray could have probably gone over 200 yards rushing had the Cowboys been able to force the Bears to punt a couple of times.

I didn't like the fact the Cowboys continued to run the ball when down by 28 early in the 4th quarter. Although they were having success running it they needed some quick scores. They were just eating up the clock by continuing to run the ball. When you're down by 28 in the 4th quarter you have to take some chances especially when your defense can't make a stop.

Actually I think they ran the ball to try and end the game as quickly as they could since it was obvious we were going to lose.