No running game

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't disagree. the run blocking is horendous. I don't like the new run blocking scheme. we have martin, smith, smith and play zone blocking scheme. as opposed to power ball. get your hands on the defender and just control him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everyone thinks we are on a roll and we're not. Beating bad teams by throwing all day long. Wait till we play a real team and everyone will see our running game sucks and we'll lose..the end
Right, we’re on a roll against teams that aren’t going to make the playoffs, but good luck, convincing some here that the Cowboys can be beaten. We’re feasting on bad teams.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Everyone thinks we are on a roll and we're not. Beating bad teams by throwing all day long. Wait till we play a real team and everyone will see our running game sucks and we'll lose..the end
33ls87.jpg

Mark

Reaction score
So, the complaint here is that DAL isn't winning "pretty" enough?

They won by 23 on the road after getting off to a sluggish start.

27/107 on the ground for 4.0 YPC...skewed a bit by Cooper Rush's three kneel-downs for -3 yds. The running game may not be dominant, but it's more than adequate. This organization is discovering its true offensive identity, and it's not as a "run-first" team - as much as Coach McCarthy wished for that at the outset of the season.

Swear to God, I've never seen a fan base so unhappy with a three/four-score win.

Mr_437

Reaction score
McCarthy is a pass happy OC, so thinking he's going to run the football more than he passes isn't happening. Also, I think the run game is where the OC wants because he's not really trying to improve it, imho.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
So, the complaint here is that DAL isn't winning "pretty" enough?

They won by 23 on the road after getting off to a sluggish start.

27/107 on the ground for 4.0 YPC...skewed a bit by Cooper Rush's three kneel-downs for -3 yds. The running game may not be dominant, but it's more than adequate. This organization is discovering its true offensive identity, and it's not as a "run-first" team - as much as Coach McCarthy wished for that at the outset of the season.

Swear to God, I've never seen a fan base so unhappy with a three/four-score win.
I could care less about beating a one win team..lol Wait till we play the Niners again and see what happens..

Mark

Reaction score
I could care less about beating a one win team..lol Wait till we play the Niners again and see what happens..
As you are aware, a team must beat whoever is on the schedule to get to the playoffs...regardless of their record.

I still don't understand your complaint about today's win? What sort of result would have pleased you?

rambo2

Reaction score
See Pollard td. Watch it. Watch it again. Study, there will be a test later.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
As you are aware, a team must beat whoever is on the schedule to get to the playoffs...regardless of their record.

I still don't understand your complaint about today's win? What sort of result would have pleased you?
I'm just saying that our running game is not good and it will cost us down the road..probably real soon...