No running game

CCBoy

Reaction score
Detroit has played musical chairs in their offensive line and with no drop off in their rushing game.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Disagree it's more the line than it is the running backs but at times it could be a combination of both but that's ridiculous you'd be one of the only people who think that the line is pretty bad about opening holes on a regular basis they're inconsistent they're one of the worst units on our team as far as consistency goes they're constantly getting pushed back they don't pass block well and they don't open holes I don't know what you've been looking at....
Our Pro Bowl OL didnt forget how to block. 8/

A lot of this goes back to the Zeke hate.

A lot of people said you dont need an elite RB. Just sign a couple scrubs and good to go.

Now that it's not working, they want to blame the OL.

Of course, we have several Pro Bowl/All Pro OL.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Our Pro Bowl OL didnt forget how to block. 8/

A lot of this goes back to the Zeke hate.

A lot of people said you dont need an elite RB. Just sign a couple scrubs and good to go.

Now that it's not working, they want to blame the OL.

Of course, we have Pro Bowl/All Pro players across the line [except for Steele.]
This is interesting today;

The Cowboys just nailed Carolina quarterback Bryce Young seven times, the second time this year they have registered seven sacks (Daniel Jones in the opener) in a game. They have registered 33 sacks so far in 10 games this season. That's 3.3 sacks a game, so rushing the quarterback is this defense's best quality.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gut-feeling-can-washington-slow-down-dallas

McKDaddy

Reaction score
In no particular order,

The OP wasn't saying anything about the outcome of this game. Simply pointing out that we cannot run the ball effectively enough to be a balanced offense when we play better opponents. That is true.

The center & RG aren't able to overpower most opponents. TB is pretty good on the move though. ZM just isn't the guy he used to be. It's been apparent for a while now but this year he is really struggling. Maybe some of it is health but there isn't another bye so I'm not sure when it would get better.

Steele has had his struggles with pass pro .... but he seems to be regaining his form with run blocking.

I only saw the first half of the game but I thought we looked better running it than we had all year. Sure, some of it may have been the opponent.

I thought TP appeared to have a little more burst. Not pre injury burst but better. Thought he & Dowdle were both running hard. They need better blocking. Better blocking & the run game is just fine.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Pollard can’t break any tackles, less speed than pre injury.

Possibly just as big of an offseason mistake to gamble on him as much as Tyron