No running game

Mr_437

Reaction score
Actually, McCarthy is just the opposite. He stated at season's outset that he wanted to focus on running the ball. But, you take a team as you find it, and this one is not really built that way in the personnel department.
He is pass happy because we cant run. Run blocking scheme is piss poor.
McCarthy didn't run much in GB, that's just how he rolls. If he really wanted a running team the offseason would've reflected that mindset. Personally, I don't care just playing winning football. Blocking has been poor, I totally agree.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Everyone thinks we are on a roll and we're not. Beating bad teams by throwing all day long. Wait till we play a real team and everyone will see our running game sucks and we'll lose..the end
Dak can't be expected to carry the offense.

There were a couple of plays where the OL opened up huge holes, but they can't do it with any consistency

I don't think it's the OLinemen OR the RBs.

I think it's scheme and playcalling. Frankly... I think Deuce Vaughn could be getting 5yd/carry behind this OL. Pollard and Dowdle should be doing even better

something has to be done though... They need a legit run game

madcow74

Reaction score
So, the complaint here is that DAL isn't winning "pretty" enough?

They won by 23 on the road after getting off to a sluggish start.

27/107 on the ground for 4.0 YPC...skewed a bit by Cooper Rush's three kneel-downs for -3 yds. The running game may not be dominant, but it's more than adequate. This organization is discovering its true offensive identity, and it's not as a "run-first" team - as much as Coach McCarthy wished for that at the outset of the season.

Swear to God, I've never seen a fan base so unhappy with a three/four-score win.
But they say it isn't a real team!!

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Everyone thinks we are on a roll and we're not. Beating bad teams by throwing all day long. Wait till we play a real team and everyone will see our running game sucks and we'll lose..the end
Yeah, we actually are on a roll. What I don’t understand is since you have a crystal ball, why do you watch the games? I mean, if I knew as much as you, I would do something productive during the game, like sleep.

reddyuta

Reaction score
We need a real running back no doubt.
It wont matter if most of the time the line is getting pushed back,there is also zero creativity in the run game.Its like we are playing in the 1990s.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Right, we’re on a roll against teams that aren’t going to make the playoffs, but good luck, convincing some here that the Cowboys can be beaten. We’re feasting on bad teams.
Lol. So does the ENTIRE league dude.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Glad to see there are still some fans that have brians and think. Thank you