No running game

blueblood70

Reaction score
The wild cat with no threat of a pass is dumb. Running sideways from a standstill should be avoided lol
to be honest i think they were set ups for future use and the blocking was why they didn't work.. he showed these for later to run something else off of if. When you play the Carolina type teams sometimes a coach will show and work on plays. Sure, they both failed miserably but more lack of execution by the inconsistent Line and others..

Mark

Reaction score
not surprising someone boasting about beating a really crappy team does not get it
I see no "boasting." The Cowboys had a task in front of them, and they accomplished it. What result would have pleased you?

aikemirv

Reaction score
As you are aware, a team must beat whoever is on the schedule to get to the playoffs...regardless of their record.

I still don't understand your complaint about today's win? What sort of result would have pleased you?
Not having to get the first 2 td's with stupid end of play defensive penalties. If we had done it on our own it would been a better win.

gtb1943

Reaction score
to be honest i think they were set ups for future use and the blocking was why they didn't work.. he showed these for later to run something else off of if. When you play the Carolina type teams sometimes a coach will show and work on plays. Sure, they both failed miserably but more lack of execution by the inconsistent Line and others..
Got to give you credit for trying all possible explanations for stupid playcalling

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I don't disagree. the run blocking is horendous. I don't like the new run blocking scheme. we have martin, smith, smith and play zone blocking scheme. as opposed to power ball. get your hands on the defender and just control him.
Actually quote the opposite brother.
We have been trying to force a power run scheme when in previous years we have been a zone blocking scheme.

Only the last few weeks have we switched to a zone scheme and coincidentally our backs have looked better.

conner01

Reaction score
That’s very possible. The trick play would have worked had Dowdle blocked the guy who penetrated though that may not have been his assignment

Beaker42

Reaction score
focus on how many times the backs get hit in the back field before they get to LOS.
That’s play calling. I’m wagering $1000 Alex that 90% of those are runs out of shotgun. The hole closes before the backs can get there and when they do make it, they don’t see the open lane.

Bagman

Reaction score
Everyone thinks we are on a roll and we're not. Beating bad teams by throwing all day long. Wait till we play a real team and everyone will see our running game sucks and we'll lose..the end
Well. I guess the tribe has spoken. Maybe you should stop watching, and tune into some scorching hot beach volleyball action on Sundays.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I see no "boasting." The Cowboys had a task in front of them, and they accomplished it. What result would have pleased you?
anyone boasting at beating a one win team has no right to talk football
and that is exactly what you did

gtb1943

Reaction score
Well. I guess the tribe has spoken. Maybe you should stop watching, and tune into some scorching hot beach volleyball action on Sundays.
next time we beat a quality team let me know.
Until then its a good idea not to crow

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I know. its difficult to celebrate the last few wins.

Those teams are a wreck.

I love the wins, but it feels like preseason.

Last edited:

Mark

Reaction score
We can agree to disagree on the "boasting" claim. However, you avoid the salient question. Again, I ask: What result would have pleased you?

kskboys

Reaction score
We can agree to disagree on the "boasting" claim. However, you avoid the salient question. Again, I ask: What result would have pleased you?
Beating SF, ARI, and Philly.

Mark

Reaction score
Beating SF, ARI, and Philly.
We'd all like to be undefeated, but no one is going to do that this season.

However, to remain on-topic, we were specifically talking about the respect(s) in which the win against Carolina was unsatisfactory. What is your take on that?

mmohican29

Reaction score
That is a very strange conclusion. You really shouldn't just jump to some weird conclusion just because you don't understand his point.

I don't see a conclusion drawn by myself. I'm curious why OP is somehow bothered by Dallas "feasting" on lower tier opponents...

as if this some kind of "red flag" unique to the Cowboys. It's not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That’s very possible. The trick play would have worked had Dowdle blocked the guy who penetrated though that may not have been his assignment
well, that rumor is rico dowdle the reason he doesn't play as much is he doesn't know his blocking assignments as well as pollard... in my opinion there were two missed blocks on that and that's why it didn't work..

so it's more not the play call more of the execution..... that's the thing about playing teams you should be and you have some leeway coaches take some risks using these plays to practice , if you will, they will be better for it later and be able to show it then reverse something off of it..