No running game

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You're not paying attention then.

Who has Miami beaten of note?
Detroit other than KC wk 1?
Seattle?
Philadelphia's best W is vs DAL as is SF's.

So yes we need to beat good teams but we are zero different in taking games to put us in that position to play in meaningful games.
I said “feasted” on bad teams as in blowing them out. Not even Miami has won by as big a margin in as many games as we have. We followed up three blowout wins with losses and one of those losses was to a bad team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We would have beat the eagles if we had acquired Derrick Henry
Philly would’ve him shut him down. He’s only had 73 more rushing yards and one more TD than Pollard this season and Henry has had 9 more carries. He’s only had a couple of 100 yard games this season. He’s on the decline. There’s a reason no one chose to trade for him.

CWR

Reaction score
Everyone thinks we are on a roll and we're not. Beating bad teams by throwing all day long. Wait till we play a real team and everyone will see our running game sucks and we'll lose..the end

We can be "on a roll" and have areas that need improvement.

Our run game isn't nearly as bad as it looked a few weeks ago, and I was suprised to see our overall run rankings.

That said I do think we need to get better because I can see us getting stuffed in difficult games. This new oline coach looks pretty trash to me. Hopefully they continue to improve and I eat those words.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Everyone thinks we are on a roll and we're not. Beating bad teams by throwing all day long. Wait till we play a real team and everyone will see our running game sucks and we'll lose..the end
Everyone thinks we are on a roll and we're not..You Can't Make This Stuff Up:facepalm:What Are We Then?? Downward Spiral..:lmao2::lmao:
The last Time I Check The Cowboys Have Won 12 Games Win Streak In AT&T Stadium..Sounds Like a Roll To Me..
What In The Heck is a Real Team.. :facepalm: PLEASE Explain.. Is The Panthers a Fake Team...:lmao::lmao2:

Pollard rushed for 61 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries, averaging 5.1 yards per handoff and contributed as a receiver out of the backfield as well..Not Bad For Only 12 carries..Tony Pollard Is Our 49ers Mccaffrey..Don't You Forget That

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Pollard rushed for 61 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries, averaging 5.1 yards per handoff and contributed as a receiver out of the backfield as well..Not Bad For Only 12 carries..Tony Pollard Is Our 49ers Mccaffrey..Don't You Forget That
Im sorry but Pollard isn't in the same hemisphere as Mcaffrey......

conner01

Reaction score
I was about to say the same thing. I saw some huge negative run plays that cost Pollard 20 yards. Take those 3 plays away and he is more like 9 carries for 75-80 yards, correct?
Yep. At 6 carries he had 41 yards. After 9 carries he has 35. And that one trick play lost huge yards

mmohican29

Reaction score
I said “feasted” on bad teams as in blowing them out. Not even Miami has won by as big a margin in as many games as we have. We followed up three blowout wins with losses and one of those losses was to a bad team.
What do you care if we blow bad teams out? That's the strangest thing I've ever heard complained about by a fellow fan.

We've been bad before, and we've been blown out too. SF blew us out then lost *3* straight games. I'm not sure what point you're making.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Been here 10 mins today and I learned the running game sucks, this-that and the other player sucks, coaches suck, of course Dak sucks. Did somebody forget to go after the water boy ?

Oh yeah and the NFL schedulers suck cause they give us so many crappy teams to beat up on.

What did I miss? Oh yeah we won.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What do you care if we blow bad teams out? That's the strangest thing I've ever heard complained about by a fellow fan.

We've been bad before, and we've been blown out too. SF blew us out then lost *3* straight games. I'm not sure what point you're making.
Where am I complaining about us blowing bad teams out? You obviously didn’t comprehend my post. :rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If that's the case then I don't understand why Mike is sticking with it. There's hardly ever any lanes for Pollard.

My guess is that this run block scheme helps in the passing game. No idea how though.
why does any coach stick to their scheme as they are failing? sometime stubbornness, sometimes, it works on paper, so we need to practice it more. sometimes coaches have a scheme and they fit players into the scheme as opposed to otherway around. the run blocking scheme just doesn't look right, neither is pass protection scheme.

and ability to run helps the passing. if you are in 2nd and 7,8 most of the time, you play right into defenses hand. being able to consistently get 4,5 yards on first down (not every time, but consistently), then it forces defenses to commit more to stopping the run, when they don't have to then pass defense becomes easier. just see 49ers, their entire defense is predicated on front 4, and why they spend so much capital for that position

blueblood70

Reaction score
The run blocking is not horrendous. Our backs are.
Disagree it's more the line than it is the running backs but at times it could be a combination of both but that's ridiculous you'd be one of the only people who think that the line is pretty bad about opening holes on a regular basis they're inconsistent they're one of the worst units on our team as far as consistency goes they're constantly getting pushed back they don't pass block well and they don't open holes I don't know what you've been looking at....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Been here 10 mins today and I learned the running game sucks, this-that and the other player sucks, coaches suck, of course Dak sucks. Did somebody forget to go after the water boy ?

Oh yeah and the NFL schedulers suck cause they give us so many crappy teams to beat up on.

What did I miss? Oh yeah we won.
You missed the fact that a guy on here literally said the teams we beat this year that the best team in college football could beat those same teams in the same manner... Just in case you miss it it was a guy named beaker I believe he literally told somebody that the Cowboys had beat such bad teams this year that the best college team I guess he's talking about what Georgia or Ohio State could literally beat all those NFL teams they would also be seven and three right now Can you imagine that it just keeps getting crazier and crazier with the dumb comments in here it's the most ignorant thing I've ever seen is this someone that thinks that some college team could beat one of the pro teams I don't care how bad they are that is so outside the realm of possibilities it would never happen the liabilities for the college team getting hurt they won't allow it to happen...

That's like saying the XFL teams and even now with the merger they AFL team that was what four and seven and won the championship somehow could come in and beat who who's the worst team in the league right now Carolina I mean any of those teams like the giants literally if anybody thinks that even the lowest of NFL teams could get beat by some of these other conferences or college team are absolute morons...

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
You missed the fact that a guy on here literally said the teams we beat this year that the best team in college football could beat those same teams in the same manner... Just in case you miss it it was a guy named beaker I believe he literally told somebody that the Cowboys had beat such bad teams this year that the best college team I guess he's talking about what Georgia or Ohio State could literally beat all those NFL teams they would also be seven and three right now Can you imagine that it just keeps getting crazier and crazier with the dumb comments in here it's the most ignorant thing I've ever seen is this someone that thinks that some college team could beat one of the pro teams I don't care how bad they are that is so outside the realm of possibilities it would never happen the liabilities for the college team getting hurt they won't allow it to happen...

That's like saying the XFL teams and even now with the merger they AFL team that was what four and seven and won the championship somehow could come in and beat who who's the worst team in the league right now Carolina I mean any of those teams like the giants literally if anybody thinks that even the lowest of NFL teams could get beat by some of these other conferences or college team are absolute morons...
In any given year in the draft, about half a dozen players get selected from the top power conference teams like Georgia, Ohio State, and Alabama. You could combine the best players in college on an All-Star team, have them play the Panthers, Giants, or this year's Patriots, and the college team would be losing by multiple TDs by halftime. That's a fact.

blueblood70

Reaction score
In any given year in the draft, about half a dozen players get selected from the top power conference teams like Georgia, Ohio State, and Alabama. You could combine the best players in college on an All-Star team, have them play the Panthers, Giants, or this year's Patriots, and the college team would be losing by multiple TDs by halftime. That's a fact.
Exactly I agree that's what some of the nonsense you see on the Internet though...

gtb1943

Reaction score
As you are aware, a team must beat whoever is on the schedule to get to the playoffs...regardless of their record.

I still don't understand your complaint about today's win? What sort of result would have pleased you?
not surprising someone boasting about beating a really crappy team does not get it

kskboys

Reaction score

That is a very strange conclusion. You really shouldn't just jump to some weird conclusion just because you don't understand his point.