Twitter: No runningback in league hurts their team more

HungryLion

Reaction score
They offered Dak plenty of money

We aren’t turning this into a Dak thread. Point is. They are nickel and diming the QB for every penny they can, so they can pay Zeke the highest amount ever for a RB. All so his production can go into the tank.

It’s DUMB team building.

also they let their best corner walk for nothing.

also dumb.

this is a better team right now with no Zeke but with Byron.

hate to say it. But it’s the truth.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
We aren’t turning this into a Dak thread. Point is. They are nickel and diming the QB for every penny they can, so they can pay Zeke the highest amount ever for a RB. All so his production can go into the tank.

It’s DUMB team building.

also they let their best corner walk for nothing.

also dumb.

this is a better team right now with no Zeke but with Byron.

hate to say it. But it’s the truth.
You brought up Dak and he wasn’t nickel and dimed.

And I wasn’t for Zeke getting extended a year earlier than he should have been. I want both Zeke and Dak on this team.

SackMaster

Reaction score
You're not missing anything. It's blocked for the average reader.

I'll say this one thing about MythBusters, They're very smart when it comes to the things they do. But they're nerds, sports is alien to them and frankly they have no clue.

They once did an episode on corked bats. Busting the myth that corked bats make the ball go further. When you don't know the game, you don't know the reasons why people do what they do. Players don't cork the bat because it makes the ball go further. They do it to make the bat lighter.
I think they understood one of the fundamental equations in physics, F=ma

I believe the myth they were attempting to bust is that a corked bat provides more bounce/rebound that made the ball go further.

So when you swing both bats at the same speed (a) due to the corked bat's lighter weight (m) it did not provide more Force to transfer to the ball, this not going any further.

Now I can't say whether or not they really understood why players corked bats, as you said sports don't seem to be their thing, but I think for what they were trying to bust it was a perfectly valid scientific experiment.

JMHO

aria

Reaction score
Zeke believers: Zeke is a good running back.

Ok show me some evidence.

Well umm he leads the league in total rushing yards over the last five years.

Ok what does that have to do with 2020?

Well ummm his oline is hurt.

Ok now he gets to play behind an average run blocking o-line like most of the other backs in the league.

Yeah well you're stupid if you dont think Zeke is good.

okkkk........
:laugh: Hit the nail on the head.

aria

Reaction score
They're not arbitrary just because you dont know their methodology.

Plus none of these advanced methodologies are perfect. You dont have to conclusively say that Zeke is THE WORST RB in the league and this methodology is proof. But combine all the different ratings whether it's this one or PFF or the most basic stats like fumbles lost. There is nothing that suggest Zeke is still a good RB. Absolutely nothing other that people's memories from four years ago and inability to change their opinions.
Don’t tell @rocyaice that, I’ve been posting stats for years but the numbers that zeke put up, the writers of the articles and the stats themselves are all biased because I’m biased therefore they aren’t true :rolleyes:

aria

Reaction score
I'd imagine our offensive line is rated worst or close to worst in the league, coupled with the fact that we don't utilize playcalling as well as others to make zeke runs up the middle less predictable. Every team we face gets wide open holes to run through while Zeke has 2-3 defenders on him before he can think about getting to the line.
Barkley had one of the worst, if not the worst, O line his rookie year and still had amazing numbers. I don’t remember a single zeke supporter factoring the Cowboys O line vs the NY O line when comparing who was better between zeke and Barkley. According to them, at the time, zeke’s success had little to nothing to do with the O line and he would put up similar numbers as Barkley did behind the Giants line.

Fast forward 3 years and suddenly the O line is relevant and zeke isn’t close to putting up similar numbers as Barkley with a comparable O line, funny how that works!

Isn’t that right @rocyaice? Surely you haven’t changed your mind about agreeing with less than 24 hours later.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You brought up Dak and he wasn’t nickel and dimed.

And I wasn’t for Zeke getting extended a year earlier than he should have been. I want both Zeke and Dak on this team.

The point is, and you’re missing it. Is that they are nickel and diming paying the QB. But give the highest amount ever to a RB. Remove the names Dak and Zeke and it’s still dumb team building.

I don’t really care about your opinion on it they offered Dak a fair offer or not. This is about the basics or how they’re using the salary cap.

You play tight to the best with a top 10
QB and a top corner. But overpay a RB and an LB.

stupidity.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Zeke GTD 28.x million on signing.

that’s cheap for an elite RB.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The point is, and you’re missing it. Is that they are nickel and diming paying the QB. But give the highest amount ever to a RB. Remove the names Dak and Zeke and it’s still dumb team building.

I don’t really care about your opinion on it they offered Dak a fair offer or not. This is about the basics or how they’re using the salary cap.

You play tight to the best with a top 10
QB and a top corner. But overpay a RB and an LB.

stupidity.
But they didn’t nickel and dime the QB, they offered to make him the third highest paid quarterback behind Mahomes and Wilson. And I agree about over paying RB position.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Math is hard. :muttley:

"Win probability" takes in a lot of factors, like overcoming the worst stinkin' defense in the NFL.

Zeke could rush for 150 yards a game and it wouldn't matter when the defense gives up 300.

I guess you didn't interpret the graph correctly at all..

The win probability is solely based on Zeke touches, ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with defense LMAO :muttley:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Zeke GTD 28.x million on signing.

that’s cheap for an elite RB.

1. It was the most guaranteed money to a RB at the time by more than $5M. How the hell can any consider breaking the record cheap?

2. Who in the **** considers Zeke elite?

One of the worst posts I've ever seen.

It's weird you're so high on Zeke who isn't good, and so low on Dak who actually makes his team much better.

conner01

Reaction score
As big of a target Henry is he is absolutely fantastic at making defenders miss.
When he came out I never expected him to be the monster he was. He was a stud in college but so was many other Alabama RB
He is the most dominate RB right now in the league