Twitter: No runningback in league hurts their team more

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't see anything on the first page that comes close to making a solid claim that it is flawed.

The chart is more of a representation of the worst offensive lines in the league than the backs. Eagles, Jets, Cowboys....have all the same thing in common. Bad offensive lines. Also concidentally the guys higher on the list happen to have quarterbacks and good offensive lines.......Cook, Henry and Kamara have much better at quarterback than Andy Dalton, Gilbert and Dinucci.......Zeke would probably still be low on that list even if Dak was there but he surely wouldn't be last. He happens to be getting poor offensive line play, poor quarterback play and a poor defense with poor field position. Who else has to deal with that? Let's keep the same energy because this is the same excuses we give Dak no?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Jones’ clowns let Byron walk, and give Zeke the largest contract in RB history. All so they can pay Jaylon and then nickel and dime Dak on his extension.

These are the dudes running the show.

Man if they ouldv'e re-signed Byron you guys would've said they "overpaid for average talent"...it shouldn't have been a either or. You could've not paid Byron and Zeke. Zeke was re-signed to make Dak happy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Barkley had one of the worst, if not the worst, O line his rookie year and still had amazing numbers. I don’t remember a single zeke supporter factoring the Cowboys O line vs the NY O line when comparing who was better between zeke and Barkley. According to them, at the time, zeke’s success had little to nothing to do with the O line and he would put up similar numbers as Barkley did behind the Giants line.

Fast forward 3 years and suddenly the O line is relevant and zeke isn’t close to putting up similar numbers as Barkley with a comparable O line, funny how that works!

Isn’t that right @rocyaice? Surely you haven’t changed your mind about agreeing with less than 24 hours later.
Yeah I've changed my mind. Zeke is top 5 in the league. You just convinced me.......

aria

Reaction score
You are biased you admit as much. :laugh:
Perhaps you should rethink this because either a) you don’t know the definition of biased b) you haven’t read everything I’ve said that you claim you have c) you’re a liar or d) all of the above.

I’m going with D.

Please quote me where I said I’m biased about zeke. Guess what, you can’t because I never said that. This is typical of you, make something up to try and win an argument, well done.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Perhaps you should rethink this because either a) you don’t know the definition of biased b) you haven’t read everything I’ve said that you claim you have c) you’re a liar or d) all of the above.

I’m going with D.

Please quote me where I said I’m biased about zeke. Guess what, you can’t because I never said that. This is typical of you, make something up to try and win an argument, well done.
You can feel how you want. You verbatim told me you don't like Zeke because he's "scum" off the field and he's a "turd". So yeah its personal and you're biased...what is there to debate here?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The chart is more of a representation of the worst offensive lines in the league than the backs. Eagles, Jets, Cowboys....have all the same thing in common. Bad offensive lines. Also concidentally the guys higher on the list happen to have quarterbacks and good offensive lines.......Cook, Henry and Kamara have much better at quarterback than Andy Dalton, Gilbert and Dinucci.......Zeke would probably still be low on that list even if Dak was there but he surely wouldn't be last. He happens to be getting poor offensive line play, poor quarterback play and a poor defense with poor field position. Who else has to deal with that? Let's keep the same energy because this is the same excuses we give Dak no?

When in the world did the Vikings and Titans start having good run blocking offensive lines?

Zeke was bad before Dak went down.

Dak still produced though despite all of this, literally towards the top of everything. Zeke on the other hand is either dead last in most categories or very close.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When in the world did the Vikings and Titans start having good run blocking offensive lines?

Zeke was bad before Dak went down.

Dak still produced though despite all of this, literally towards the top of everything. Zeke on the other hand is either dead last in most categories or very close.

Dak is a quarterback so he's going to produce....when you are down by 14 points and have to get back into the game you have to throw yourself back into he game you aren't going to run yourself back into the game.

Vikings and Titans have and offensive liens or bad run blocking offensive lines? Its better worse than the Cowboys?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

And it's not particularly close. If the guy doesn't have three all-pros blocking for him he becomes one of the worst starting RBs in the league.

Win shares in baseball makes a lot of sense because the pitcher and hitter competition is an insulated world until the ball is hit.

on the other hand in football you have 22 players on the field who can all interact with each other and affect each other and help each other and detract from each other. most of the time these ideas are basically touchdowns or rushing yards or passing yards or whatever correlated towards wins but in reality that doesn't even remotely capture the mechanics of how the game is played.

Flamma

Reaction score
My comprehension is adequate. Calm down. I fully understand. Your statement confused me. But that is not unusual. I am easily confused. Lol.

The faster you swing the bat... the farther the ball goes. Depending on weight, contact, angle etc. That is all.

No problem. I do the exact same thing in here. But anyway, if people knew why a bat was corked they wouldn't be doing comparisons between corked and normal. People that do these comparisons think the cork has something to do with making the ball go further. Plenty of videos on you tube. Hell, you can fill the space with shaving cream and as long as the bat doesn't break apart, you're good to go. :)

kskboys

Reaction score
Man if they ouldv'e re-signed Byron you guys would've said they "overpaid for average talent"...it shouldn't have been a either or. You could've not paid Byron and Zeke. Zeke was re-signed to make Dak happy.
I"m prolly one of the very few who wouldn't have signed either for big bucks.

kskboys

Reaction score
Aside from the fumbling problem, which is horrific, Zeke helps his team more than anyone besides the QB. IF he quits fumbling. That cannot happen.

Adreme

Reaction score
Win shares in baseball makes a lot of sense because the pitcher and hitter competition is an insulated world until the ball is hit.

on the other hand in football you have 22 players on the field who can all interact with each other and affect each other and help each other and detract from each other. most of the time these ideas are basically touchdowns or rushing yards or passing yards or whatever correlated towards wins but in reality that doesn't even remotely capture the mechanics of how the game is played.

I would even say they make sense in Basketball just because of the 5on 5 nature of the game and that there is one ball you can analyze the number of things happening very well. But when there are 2.5x as many people playing at one time and all of them doing different things and none of them doubling up (there is no such thing as your offensive starters and defensive starters in the NBA) then it becomes a lot harder to come up with an effective metric.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why would it be close? Good God, Dallas is a complete dumpster fire.

Flamma

Reaction score
Huh, never knew that (not a baseball fan) but cool fact about the corked bats.

Someone else led me to believe I wasn't being clear. Yes it makes the bat lighter because you're replacing wood with cork. A lighter bat allows you to swing it faster. Bat speed = ball going further.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Find me a RB who doesn't benefit from a solid offensive line that has played at least one game without a change in the depth chart.
You could also see Elliott was playing better when we had a QB who kept defenses honest and was an actual threat. I don't think he played with any injuries during that time.
Weird how that team thingy works.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When he came out I never expected him to be the monster he was. He was a stud in college but so was many other Alabama RB
He is the most dominate RB right now in the league

Took him some time to really get it going in the pro's. But he's fun to watch now.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think they understood one of the fundamental equations in physics, F=ma

I believe the myth they were attempting to bust is that a corked bat provides more bounce/rebound that made the ball go further.

So when you swing both bats at the same speed (a) due to the corked bat's lighter weight (m) it did not provide more Force to transfer to the ball, this not going any further.

Now I can't say whether or not they really understood why players corked bats, as you said sports don't seem to be their thing, but I think for what they were trying to bust it was a perfectly valid scientific experiment.

JMHO

Agreed 100%. The problem I had is they were busting a non existent myth. Bats are corked to remove weight, not provide bounce. And this is 100% of the cases. You don't even have to use cork. You can use anything lighter than the wood you're removing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I"m prolly one of the very few who wouldn't have signed either for big bucks.
I wouldn't have either....well I sort of knew the Zeke thing was going to happen. I hate to play hindsight but knowing you had to pay the running back I probably wouldn't have drafted him that high. But I also know they did that thinking Romo had a few prime years left which was a mistake itself as well.

But this approach that oh you shouldn't have signed Zeke so you can Byron is silly. The same reasons you don't sign Zeke are the same reasons you don't sign Byron or Robert Quinn. The same exact reasons. Everyone knew all 3 of these guys weren't going to be worth their contracts.