No to Kaepernick in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If you believe in the strength of the culture of this franchise and that Garrett is this great molder of men who has developed a great clubhouse, then bringing in a guy like Kap shouldn't be viewed as a threat or issue.

If one guy can rip apart and create disharmony in a clubhouse, then there are problems with the foundation of your program.

Part of that culture is keeping guys like that out, not trying to make him into something he is not. One guy can be disruptive which is why Belicheck may bring in a player like that, he keeps them on a short leash.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Even as a football decision this is a no. Anyways, Jerry is too smart to bring in Kap simply on the business decision. Cowboys are the #1 team and Kap will be bad business.

How so?

Kaepernick had a QB rating of 91 last year and a rating of 89 overall. He is not the greatest QB of course but the competition is Moore.

Further he has 72 career passing TDs to only 30 picks.

OTOH, Moore has a career rating of 71 and 4 TD to 6 picks.

From a football standpoint he is a no brainer improvement.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you're wanting to sign a lightning rod, under-achieving drama queen, you might as well sign RGIII.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Part of that culture is keeping guys like that out, not trying to make him into something he is not. One guy can be disruptive which is why Belicheck may bring in a player like that, he keeps them on a short leash.

Kaepernick brought a lot of press but his teammates were kneeling with him and supporting him.

The problem was owners and fans of the conservative persuasion who seem to have forgotten what Locke was saying when he was talking about social contract.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How so?

Kaepernick had a QB rating of 91 last year and a rating of 89 overall. He is not the greatest QB of course but the competition is Moore.

Further he has 72 career passing TDs to only 30 picks.

OTOH, Moore has a career rating of 71 and 4 TD to 6 picks.

From a football standpoint he is a no brainer improvement.

Same could be said about Greg Hardy.
And Josh Gordon.
Just curious, would you want them also?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Kaepernick brought a lot of press but his teammates were kneeling with him and supporting him.

The problem was owners and fans of the conservative persuasion who seem to have forgotten what Locke was saying when he was talking about social contract.

I don't think political stances belong in the game. People watch to forget all the BS and enjoy the game not to see some idiot making some social commentary especially in a country that allows him to make millions for playing a game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Same could be said about Greg Hardy.
And Josh Gordon.
Just curious, would you want them also?

So you are comparing someone who used the right every American has to peacefully protest with someone who abuses women and has a coke habit and a guy who likes to smoke pot?

As moral equivalences go yours has to be one of the worst I have ever seen.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't think political stances belong in the game. People watch to forget all the BS and enjoy the game not to see some idiot making some social commentary especially in a country that allows him to make millions for playing a game.

Then you should take issue with the NFL promoting the army and police all the time. You do understand that the national anthem and pledge of allegiance are political right?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So you are comparing someone who used the right every American has to peacefully protest with someone who abuses women and has a coke habit and a guy who likes to smoke pot?

As moral equivalences go yours has to be one of the worst I have ever seen.

Distractions are the same, bro. Of all kinds. They will tear a locker room apart.

But I can tell this is quite a sensitive issue for you, so I will leave it right here.

Carry on with being a Kaep fanboy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Then you should take issue with the NFL promoting the army and police all the time.

I'm not going to get into this crap with you. It may play in a place like San Fran, it will not play well in a place like Dallas Texas. Cowboys do not need this BS on the team, they are close to achieving a goal why bring unneeded distraction? I'm sure you feel different that is your right. I will say I don't want him and I think any poll here will show most don't.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Distractions are the same, bro. Of all kinds. They will tear a locker room apart.

But I can tell this is quite a sensitive issue for you, so I will leave it right here.

Carry on with being a Kaep fanboy.

No actually they are not. And Hardy didn't tear the lockerroom apart. It did not even tear the DE meeting room apart.

I'm just discussing the player factually. PErhaps you are getting emotional and that makes you think I am too but you would be wrong.

And I do like your all or nothing approach to opinion making. Because I do not slam him and think he is a better player than Kellen "Noodles" Moore that makes me his fanboy.

That type of derisive strawman reeks of irritation.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into this crap with you. It may play in a place like San Fran, it will not play well in a place like Dallas Texas. Cowboys do not need this BS on the team, they are close to achieving a goal why bring unneeded distraction? I'm sure you feel different that is your right. I will say I don't want him and I think any poll here will show most don't.

If he doesn't kneel then what is going to be the distraction?

I'm trying to get you to rationally support your opinion. All I get is this emotional bile.

You said that you did not feel politics should be in the sport. I point out that the NFL is being political supporting the armed services and law enforcement all the time.

You then do the intellectual equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and screaming "I don't have to listen."

I just think its funny that you say politics should be in it but really all Kaepernick is saying is that he does not feel law enforcement represents him in opposition to the NFL's political stance.

What is clear to me is you only don't want politics that you do not agree with.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just save your breath haha.
tks5v.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If he doesn't kneel then what is going to be the distraction?

I'm trying to get you to rationally support your opinion. All I get is this emotional bile.

If he was not a player teams felt would not be a distraction he would already be signed with someone. The media meltdown with this guy is not something the Cowboys need. You feel different great, good for you

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If he was not a player teams felt would not be a distraction he would already be signed with someone. The media meltdown with this guy is not something the Cowboys need. You feel different great, good for you

I can support my position rationally and talk about it directly. You cannot.

Not good for you.

And if he doesn't kneel then the story goes away.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No doubt, this is a no where conversation and frankly not worth it. I don't care for Kap and based on lack of interest around the NFL I am not alone in this feeling.

If you don't want to justify your reasons for not wanting a player that could help the team that is your prerogative.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can support my position rationally and talk about it directly. You cannot.

Not good for you.

And if he doesn't kneel then the story goes away.

I can support the fact NO NFL TEAM wants him. This is not by accident, they do not want the negative publicity that goes with him. 32 NFL teams not one has reached out to sign him why? I know you know better than 32 teams so you win but does not change how I and many others feel or 32 teams in the NFL feel.

The guy is bad press just as Hardy was it is not worth it to take these rejects and bring them to Dallas.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I can support the fact NO NFL TEAM wants him. This is not by accident, they do not want the negative publicity that goes with him. 32 NFL teams not one has reached out to sign him why? I know you know better than 32 teams so you win but does not change how I and many others feel or 32 teams in the NFL feel

No NFL team "wants" Fitzpatrick or Cutler either. You don't know the details of his situation or what NFL teams think. For all you know he is holding out for a starting job like the other two are.

Your insistence in talking around the issue is noted though.

So why is it okay for the NFL to support political entities like the armed services and help recruit for them or similarly support the police but it is not okay for Kaepernick to have a different opinion on that same topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.