No wonder the NBA is dominating sports

Q_the_man

Reaction score
I was going through NFL reference stats, mainly I was looking up stats from Jim Brown and when the NFL was the APFA starting back in 1920. Then I came across Zeke. Come on 4000 rushing yards first 3 seasons, then 77 catches last year. Pay the man. Regardless of position, Zeke is the best Cowboy and he should be paid not by position but overall relevance to the team. Zeke is the engine. 77 catches plus another 1400 running but we can give Lawrence 100 million, when Zeke is clearly better.

Football is garbage. Lets give all these overrated QBs and DE's all this money and lets de-value the RBs who grind all year to put the team in position. Zeke is clearly better than Lawrence, Cooper, and Dak but he will get less money. Go figure!

No wonder the NBA is dominating sports.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
You crazy, the NBA is dominating sports. all you hear is nba, then NBA 2k. I always valued football over basketball but the last 4 or 5 years the NBA has taken over. Pretty much every I know was football diehards and now all we talk is NBA. All everyone a work talk about is the NBA. No one talks football no more and you're talking to a sports junkie.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I was going through NFL reference stats, mainly I was looking up stats from Jim Brown and when the NFL was the APFA starting back in 1920. Then I came across Zeke. Come on 4000 rushing yards first 3 seasons, then 77 catches last year. Pay the man. Regardless of position, Zeke is the best Cowboy and he should be paid not by position but overall relevance to the team. Zeke is the engine. 77 catches plus another 1400 running but we can give Lawrence 100 million, when Zeke is clearly better.

Football is garbage. Lets give all these overrated QBs and DE's all this money and lets de-value the RBs who grind all year to put the team in position. Zeke is clearly better than Lawrence, Cooper, and Dak but he will get less money. Go figure!

No wonder the NBA is dominating sports.
If Zeke holds out, no problem. The offense/team still can function with Pollard, Morris and one of these Weber/Chunn/Jackson as a RB combination.

If Dak were to hold out, this season is over before it even gets started.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
If Zeke holds out, no problem. The offense/team still can function with Pollard, Morris and one of these Weber/Chunn/Jackson as a RB combination.

If Dak were to hold out, this season is over before it even gets started.
Yeah, I wanna see Pollard pick up that blind side blitz.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You crazy, the NBA is dominating sports. all you hear is nba, then NBA 2k. I always valued football over basketball but the last 4 or 5 years the NBA has taken over. Pretty much every I know was football diehards and now all we talk is NBA. All everyone a work talk about is the NBA. No one talks football no more and you're talking to a sports junkie.

:huh:

This is probably just a regional thing. I don’t have the same experience at all.

Could be recency bias also. NFL talk dies down in the off season. For the next 5 months it’s going to be a ton of NFL info, news and talk.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Well, no one where I work talks about the NBA but they love the NFL. One workplace is not a realistic sample. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I deal in facts, not feelz, so I repeat:

The NBA isn't dominating anything.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The amount of catches doesn't matter, it's the production. His numbers were nothing spectacular - it's not like we had him lined up all over the field or running WR type routes either.

The biggest thing Zeke may have going for him is durability - but he's only played 2 full seasons in the NFL.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
bahahahahahahahahahha.... you seriously think nba is more popular than the NFL? The Cowboys Texans game likely had a higher rating that the nba finals.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
:huh:

This is probably just a regional thing. I don’t have the same experience at all.

Could be recency bias also. NFL talk dies down in the off season. For the next 5 months it’s going to be a ton of NFL info, news and talk.
Minus the few typos, lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only person I've even heard talk about basketball in the past year is my niece's boyfriend, and that's when he was done talking football.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
The amount of catches doesn't matter, it's the production. His numbers were nothing spectacular - it's not like we had him lined up all over the field or running WR type routes.
Zeke numbers weren't impressive, lol. OK. So are you saying Zeke and all the 7 and 8 man fronts weren't impressive?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The amount of catches doesn't matter, it's the production. His numbers were nothing spectacular - it's not like we had him lined up all over the field or running WR type routes either.

The biggest thing Zeke may have going for him is durability - but he's only played 2 full seasons in the NFL.

2000 total yards on 380 touches is nothing. Any RB can do that. :rolleyes:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Pollard will. Needs time to gain confidence. Let's not act as if Zeke picked up 100% of his assigned blitz pickups last year.
At whose expense? Zeke didn't pick up 100% of blitzes but what player in the NFL picked up 100%? Like Emmitt, Zeke is a top 3 pass blocking back which means a lot. I don't understand as fans, we say Zeke is the Cowboys best player, the majority of pundits on TV says Zeke is our best player but Zeke has to take less than everyone. Once again go figure.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Zeke numbers weren't impressive, lol. OK. So are you saying Zeke and all the 7 and 8 man fronts weren't impressive?

I'm not about to get into the discussion over the "7 or 8 man front" - there is an entire thread on this.

No, I do not find Zeke's numbers impressive. I see the volume, but I don't see amazing production. As I said, Zeke has the durability argument on his side, but he has only played 2 full seasons.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
2000 total yards on 380 touches is nothing. Any RB can do that. :rolleyes:

I mentioned durability - it's right there in the post. But it's also best to point out, it's not like he's Gore or Smith - he hasn't been doing this for years. He has 2 full seasons of a high workload.

Outside of this, his 2017 and 2018 production, not volume, are nothing spectacular.