No wonder the NBA is dominating sports

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Keep devaluing Zeke. I just don't understand how can fans, fall for the media hype about RBs. Most top RBs play 10-12 years. The reason why the avg RB life is 3-4 years is because the 5th round pick RB might play 1-2 years then get cut. It's crazy, pay the man.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
At whose expense? Zeke didn't pick up 100% of blitzes but what player in the NFL picked up 100%? Like Emmitt, Zeke is a top 3 pass blocking back which means a lot. I don't understand as fans, we say Zeke is the Cowboys best player, the majority of pundits on TV says Zeke is our best player but Zeke has to take less than everyone. Once again go figure.
In my opinion, Zeke is not the Cowboys best player.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I mentioned durability - it's right there in the post. But it's also best to point out, it's not like he's Gore or Smith - he hasn't been doing this for years. He has 2 full seasons of a high workload.

Outside of this, his 2017 and 2018 production, not volume, are nothing spectacular.

Emmitt Smith played 15 seasons. He exceeded 2000 yards rushing plus receiving - as Zeke did last year - twice.

By your reasoning, Emmitt was nothing special. Just a high volume guy doing "nothing spectacular". :rolleyes:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith played 15 seasons. He exceeded 2000 yards rushing plus receiving - as Zeke did last year - twice.

By your reasoning, Emmitt was nothing special. Just a high volume guy doing "nothing spectacular". :rolleyes:

I brought up Smith for durability. I made this quite clear in my post.

An RB getting a ton of volume with average/good production does not somehow equal spectacular. Zeke with all those touches last year had 9 total TDs. Can you show me that with Smith?

1,400 yards on 300+ carries is not spectacular. 55 receptions for 500+ yards and a 7.3 catch average is not spectacular. 9 TDs total is not spectacular. The only thing you can point to is that he was on the field a crap ton, which I will repeat, is the best argument his camp could use in his favor. The other stuff simply isn't there.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NFL revenue is nearly 2X that of the NBA. Not even a logical comparison when talking about popularity

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zeke didn't "flash" last year. He was just durable and had a ton of opportunities. Give most guys in the NFL 400 touches and they'd relocate Zeke's production

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keep devaluing Zeke. I just don't understand how can fans, fall for the media hype about RBs. Most top RBs play 10-12 years. The reason why the avg RB life is 3-4 years is because the 5th round pick RB might play 1-2 years then get cut. It's crazy, pay the man.
This post makes no sense

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
32 teams, 32 RBs, so I guess what 25 RBs had 2000 yards, lol name me 5 that got 2000 last year.

Either you're borderline insane (you think the NBA is dominating, after all) or my sarcasm was lost on you.

Two RBs had 2000+ total yards last season. Zeke was one of them.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I was going through NFL reference stats, mainly I was looking up stats from Jim Brown and when the NFL was the APFA starting back in 1920. Then I came across Zeke. Come on 4000 rushing yards first 3 seasons, then 77 catches last year. Pay the man. Regardless of position, Zeke is the best Cowboy and he should be paid not by position but overall relevance to the team. Zeke is the engine. 77 catches plus another 1400 running but we can give Lawrence 100 million, when Zeke is clearly better.

Football is garbage. Lets give all these overrated QBs and DE's all this money and lets de-value the RBs who grind all year to put the team in position. Zeke is clearly better than Lawrence, Cooper, and Dak but he will get less money. Go figure!

No wonder the NBA is dominating sports.

Who else knows about this?

Clearly these new facts emerging will swing the negotiations!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Zeke didn't "flash" last year. He was just durable and had a ton of opportunities. Give most guys in the NFL 400 touches and they'd relocate Zeke's production

Not sure why anyone would "relocate" Zeke's production, but NFL GMs would love for your imaginary world to be reality.

"Most guys" could do that, and yet very few do. Go figure.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would "relocate" Zeke's production, but NFL GMs would love for your imaginary world to be reality.

"Most guys" could do that, and yet very few do. Go figure.

Most teams understand it's not all that smart to run an RB into the ground - there is good reason the NFL has moved to having two back systems.

It's easy to look at a player and say he can do it all when he's only being doing it all for 2 seasons. Can Zeke do it for 5+ seasons? Not many backs can and I suspect Zeke will, at some point, need the workload decreased.

CapnCook

Reaction score
I thought.... Maybe I've had too much to drink to visit The forum... This was my first thread. I've not drank enough.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was going through NFL reference stats, mainly I was looking up stats from Jim Brown and when the NFL was the APFA starting back in 1920. Then I came across Zeke. Come on 4000 rushing yards first 3 seasons, then 77 catches last year. Pay the man. Regardless of position, Zeke is the best Cowboy and he should be paid not by position but overall relevance to the team. Zeke is the engine. 77 catches plus another 1400 running but we can give Lawrence 100 million, when Zeke is clearly better.

Football is garbage. Lets give all these overrated QBs and DE's all this money and lets de-value the RBs who grind all year to put the team in position. Zeke is clearly better than Lawrence, Cooper, and Dak but he will get less money. Go figure!

No wonder the NBA is dominating sports.
The NBA isnt remotely dominating sports.
WAY behind the NFL

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
NBA has the best OFFSEASON, then it gets borign in seaosn as the expected happens for about 25 of the teams, then you get to the meaningful and fun playoffs but that R1 is usually trash too.
The NBA has it's own problems.

The NFL has mgmt problems. Overly penalizing players for nonsense, pre-season games which are just injury fests and offer 0 meaning, and rules changes which make no sense and offer no specific definition.

but make no mistake, NFL games dominate all and it is still the most compelling in game product.

kskboys

Reaction score
Most teams understand it's not all that smart to run an RB into the ground - there is good reason the NFL has moved to having two back systems.

It's easy to look at a player and say he can do it all when he's only being doing it all for 2 seasons. Can Zeke do it for 5+ seasons? Not many backs can and I suspect Zeke will, at some point, need the workload decreased.
So, reduced workload, then reduced pay, right?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Q this thread is dumb man.
Have to be honest, it just is.

Dallas is offering Zeke the second highest RB contract ever awarded and you are seriously crying about that to the extent you are crying about the entire league.
That's absurd.