No wonder the NBA is dominating sports

kskboys

Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would "relocate" Zeke's production, but NFL GMs would love for your imaginary world to be reality.

"Most guys" could do that, and yet very few do. Go figure.
The naivete on this site is amazing.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
2000 total yards on 380 touches is nothing. Any RB can do that. :rolleyes:
Not any, but a lot.
James Wilder did it. He had one more good year and was done.
Larry Johnson did it. Then he was done.
DeMarco Murray did it.
Jamal Anderson did it. Then he was done.
Ricky Williams did it. Then he Ricky-Williams'd.
Barry Foster did it. Then he was done.
Terrell Davis did it twice. Then he was done.
CJ2K did it. Never came close again.
Ahman Green did it. He had one more okay season.

Give someone 380 touches, they'll get close to 2000 yards.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I was going through NFL reference stats, mainly I was looking up stats from Jim Brown and when the NFL was the APFA starting back in 1920. Then I came across Zeke. Come on 4000 rushing yards first 3 seasons, then 77 catches last year. Pay the man. Regardless of position, Zeke is the best Cowboy and he should be paid not by position but overall relevance to the team. Zeke is the engine. 77 catches plus another 1400 running but we can give Lawrence 100 million, when Zeke is clearly better.

Football is garbage. Lets give all these overrated QBs and DE's all this money and lets de-value the RBs who grind all year to put the team in position. Zeke is clearly better than Lawrence, Cooper, and Dak but he will get less money. Go figure!

No wonder the NBA is dominating sports.
The NFL has this thing called a Salary cap. And it’s a hard cap not like the NBA. Sheez.

Reaction score
NFL is catering to the QB's to much. No way in hell Dak should be getting 30-40 million while Zeke will be making 13-15 a year.
The NFL needs to remove QBs from the salary cap equation, then nobody would really care. W/o a decent QB, a team's chances are zero. You could have a few Zeke's across your team and not win.....this results in QBs being overpaid and ire because of the cap implications.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

kskboys

Reaction score
Not any, but a lot.
James Wilder did it. He had one more good year and was done.
Larry Johnson did it. Then he was done.
DeMarco Murray did it.
Jamal Anderson did it. Then he was done.
Ricky Williams did it. Then he Ricky-Williams'd.
Barry Foster did it. Then he was done.
Terrell Davis did it twice. Then he was done.
CJ2K did it. Never came close again.
Ahman Green did it. He had one more okay season.

Give someone 380 touches, they'll get close to 2000 yards.
Only talented someones.

kskboys

Reaction score
Imagine thinking the NBA is more popular then the NFL.

NBA still has a terrible regular season.
I cannot watch basketball. I've tried, it's just way too monotonous to me. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think baseball has more action.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was going through NFL reference stats, mainly I was looking up stats from Jim Brown and when the NFL was the APFA starting back in 1920. Then I came across Zeke. Come on 4000 rushing yards first 3 seasons, then 77 catches last year. Pay the man. Regardless of position, Zeke is the best Cowboy and he should be paid not by position but overall relevance to the team. Zeke is the engine. 77 catches plus another 1400 running but we can give Lawrence 100 million, when Zeke is clearly better.

Football is garbage. Lets give all these overrated QBs and DE's all this money and lets de-value the RBs who grind all year to put the team in position. Zeke is clearly better than Lawrence, Cooper, and Dak but he will get less money. Go figure!

The NBA is barely a ripple in the NFL's ocean. Even NCAA football draws more viewers than the NBA.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So apparently, we need another thread about Zeke and "Pay The Man" but lets disguise it and post it in the sports forum and call it an NBA topic. Really? Because the 37 threads that are currently going on this subject are just not enough?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So apparently, we need another thread about Zeke and "Pay The Man" but lets disguise it and post it in the sports forum and call it an NBA topic. Really? Because the 37 threads that are currently going on this subject are just not enough?

Personally I've always liked the number 38 :p

jimmy40

Reaction score
the NBA has 400 billion advertisements selling it during the season, makes it seem more popular than it is.

T-RO

Reaction score

Fans care if players make $25 mil versus $100 mil?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Its not about what is fair. Its about scarcity. RBs are easy to find. QBs and DEs are harder positions to fill with quality.

erod

Reaction score

Then why do English Premier League soccer games get higher ratings than NBA regular season games?

The NFL completely dominates the NBA. The Draft gets higher ratings than Game 7 of the Finals.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Golden Age of the NBA has come and gone. It may come again but as long as the game is a jump shooting no defense league, it's going to continue to decline IMO. The NFL should really be taking notes here. Yeah, the NFL enjoys a huge popularity advantage over the NBA but what has killed the NBA is the very same path the NFL is traveling down IMO.