RELEASED Nolan Carroll Released

Carson

Reaction score

MEt3PGv.gif

Good! Take him

Carson

Reaction score
He'll sign tomorrow, play on Monday night against the Eagles and give up 3 TDs, and then get hurt on Tuesday before we can feast on him.

That’s true!

If he’s working out, I think Breeland is out long term.

Carroll for Breeland is a massive downgrade

Sydla

Reaction score
$2M cap hit doesn't qualify for 'horrible signing' considering they were planning on drafting a lot of cbs in this draft and he was signed only to cover themselves

Yes it does.

It was a waste of money. There were cheaper options out there if you just wanted a warm body just in case the rookies didn't work out.

Sydla

Reaction score
Like who? Easy to say. He was replacing Carr who was a starter.

Patrick Robinson. Signed for less than a million and one year. And we had interest in him two offseasons ago like we did with Carroll.

The Cowboys didn't just think Carroll was a warm body to hold the spot until the rookies matured. They actually thought he could play. They were wrong. And wasted money in the process.

I said it two years ago when they tried to sign him. That he was a bad CB and waste of any money we would throw at him.

Carson

Reaction score
Patrick Robinson. Signed for less than a million and one year. And we had interest in him two offseasons ago like we did with Carroll.

The Cowboys didn't just think Carroll was a warm body to hold the spot until the rookies matured. They actually thought he could play. They were wrong. And wasted money in the process.

Dang bro! Posted Robinson 3 minutes after me haha

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Like who? Easy to say. He was replacing Carr who was a starter.
Chito
A Brown
J Lewis

He was a cheap stop gap that we don't need anymore.... they can't just let it go ..... I saw a thread crying about drafting Mo Claiborne yesterday

Sydla

Reaction score
Chito
A Brown
J Lewis

He was a cheap stop gap that we don't need anymore.... they can't just let it go ..... I saw a thread crying about drafting Mo Claiborne yesterday

LOL.

So cheap that we have to take a cap hit next year despite him only playing a handful of games this year for us.

It's perplexing that some of you can't admit the obvious. They overvalued him and wasted money on him. It was a dumb signing.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
LOL.

So cheap that we have to take a cap hit next year despite him only playing a handful of games this year for us.

It's perplexing that some of you can't admit the obvious. They overvalued him and wasted money on him. It was a dumb signing.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It was a bad signing ....... that's it........Always Be Churning and stop crying about it

2m is 1.1% of the cap

giving 9m to Thornton for a year+ was worse but it too shall pass

We are 12m under the cap and 20m under for next year.... what have we been prevented from doing????

TheHerd

Reaction score
$2M could mean the difference again in being able (or willing) to sign a Micah Hyde type this offseason that can really help you and signing a known reject like a Nolan Carroll.

He would have counted 4M against the cap next year had we kept him and 4M the following year, so we have "more" cap space now to sign players.

But not signing the Micah Hyde's of the world has never been about cap space, no matter what Stephen says. We have the space to sign good FAs. Maybe not the top top top guys, but those contracts are usually not worth it anyway.