Twitter: Nolan comes to Jaylon Smith defense

TwentyOne

Reaction score
im still a fan of Jaylon.
good dude.
hustles.
he takes alot of heat...some of it warranted...some not.
but i dont think i've ever seen him quit...or not try.
he guesses alot...but you know what...id rather have a guy who tries hard than not.

Watch the last score of OBJ if you havent seen him quit.
Not when he realizes OBJ breaks one. Way before when he walks around watching what his teammates do.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Wanted to say that Nolan should take him wherever he goes next....but like many Dallas coaches...this is the last stop after the disgusting showing here.

MANY people hit up Jerry for a final paycheck.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
And this is why there is zero Hope this defense improves at all this year. Let’s congratulate below average horrible play. Are you kidding me? He is one of the worst linebackers in the entire NFL right now and you want to praise him? Just simply say no one on the defense has played well we all need to get better including me coaching. What a clown Nolan is.

Plankton

Reaction score
I think you started seeing it last year with Jaylon. Other teams were targeting him in the passing game for a reason. They also know they can run right at him. If other teams are doing that it means they see something on film. Not a good sign.

Great story, and i hope he turns it around. However it could be that the knee was just never the same for him, or he like alot of talented players played elite football one or two years and went downhill after that.

There was an article on Jaylon Smith in The Athletic just before the season started. It indicated that the amount of flexion that he has in the foot that had nerve damage was 80% last year, and he was able to improve it 10% this offseason. He's still not 100% in that leg, and in all likelihood, never will be.

Aven8

Reaction score
These coaches aren’t dumb. They watch the All 22 and aren’t blind. They can even show Jerry and Stephen on the big screen the same things. It was a bad investment

JonesBoys

Reaction score
There was an article on Jaylon Smith in The Athletic just before the season started. It indicated that the amount of flexion that he has in the foot that had nerve damage was 80% last year, and he was able to improve it 10% this offseason. He's still not 100% in that leg, and in all likelihood, never will be.

I think the rest of the NFL teams kind of knew that but the Jones boys are smarter than everyone else. They gambled on a very high second round pick that had slim odds. 6th round or 7th take a gamble not early 2nd lol. Then they double down and pay him. Dumb and dumber. The clown show continues.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
im still a fan of Jaylon.
good dude.
hustles.
he takes alot of heat...some of it warranted...some not.
but i dont think i've ever seen him quit...or not try.
he guesses alot...but you know what...id rather have a guy who tries hard than not.
Go play in traffic and take #54 with you, you're both full of crap.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
I think you started seeing it last year with Jaylon. Other teams were targeting him in the passing game for a reason. They also know they can run right at him. If other teams are doing that it means they see something on film. Not a good sign.

Great story, and i hope he turns it around. However it could be that the knee was just never the same for him, or he like alot of talented players played elite football one or two years and went downhill after that.
He's played at or just above backup level in the NFL his entire career, he's stealing money and playing time. His teammates need to 'lock in a sock' his sorry behind.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Sure, he'll run wildly and look like he's trying or jump onto a pile to get a cheap tackle on his name, but no, he is definitely losing in all four games. Idiot.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Nolan fits right into the loser Jones’s mentality. Reward mediocrity. Great hire to make sure the Cowboys continue to be losers. Keep the streak going Jerrah.