Twitter: Nolan comes to Jaylon Smith defense

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Did anybody really expect him to toss Smith under the bus? Jerrys main guy from that draft isn't going to be criticized by anybody hoping to keep their job

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i respect your opinion.
your a straight shooter.
i'll try to watch him more...train my eyes not to bounce.
to me what i see him do...alot...is guess where the ball carrier is and be in the back-field but out of position.
reminds me of how seau used to over run plays.
i think that part of his game gets fixed over time with experience.
i dont know.
i clean toilets for a livin'...not coach LBs.
but i still think he's a good dude.
For sure, man! I respect your opinion as well. And it’s always nice to have a healthy/respectful disagreement.

Here’s to hoping Jaylon can improve! I don’t have much faith lol, but you never know :star:

RoboQB

Reaction score
I understand the "what did you expect him to say" opinions.

Thing is, in week 1 of the NFL season, a HC called out a 6-time SB Champ
for his mistakes. Yet, we've now seen 4 weeks of football and Jaylon Smith's
most memorable play is a 15 yard face mask on 1st and 20.

I hope he's being called out in the film room, at least.
The dude is a complete fraud.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He's just trying to keep his job. No accountability in the coaching staff either.:omg:
Or maybe. Just maybe hes not going to blast his player in an interview but did blast him in the locker room? Just a guess.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Nolan needs to go into retirement. I did not think our coaching could be worse. But, here we are. A Fraud HC and DC...

Jerry truly knows nothing about building a winner...

Reactions: BAT

Mikejj24

Reaction score
i dont see that.
he guesses wrong.
but i dont see a quiter.
you dont come back from an injury like that if you are a quitter.
guesser....yes.
quitter...no.
Two different things. Big paycheck to
i dont see that.
he guesses wrong.
but i dont see a quiter.
you dont come back from an injury like that if you are a quitter.
guesser....yes.
quitter...no.
Two different things. Watch the replays, he is avoiding contact a lot of the time.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
But it was over when it was 41-14. Thats why they lost. They don't have a mecy rule in the NFL so what you expect the team to do at that point go back to the bench and refuse to play ? It was hard effort but what did MM expect the team to do at that point make it 82-14.

The Cowboys need to show the effort before its 41-14 and not after. The effort was only put in after their backs were to the wall to try to save from embarrassment.

A snake wont bite you unless cornered or you try and pick it up. Doesn't mean its aggressive or dangerous to its nemesis.. The Browns were having a good time and enjoying football.

Last edited:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
If he some how ended up on the Giants or Washingtons roster I'd have zero regret and/ or concern.

In fact.......I'd be chomping at the bit.

jrumann59

Reaction score
There is some truth to those comments. Jaylon flies around the field. I have no doubt he plays hard. Im just not sure at this point if he has the football instinct and iq.
I think the Jaylon issue is over blown. The scheme sucks, the DL sucks which impacts the LB, I think Jaylon is trying to do too much instead of what he is "supposed". Remember when the fatties are getting blown off the ball, the DE cant get a pass rush, the LB are not going to look good. As bad as it sounds I wish Rod were here.