Audio: Norm’s Rant on Jerry Jones on the unticket

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
They are very lucky they are in a much more relaxed setting with more polite people.
:rolleyes:
Ah love Texas but we've got the meanest people on earth, escept Iran, N. korea, Somalia and parts off Peshwar region.:)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not a bad rant, but....If this franchise was in an east coast market it would've been much worse. NY, Philly, Boston, Jerry and Jason would be battered and bloodied. They are very lucky they are in a much more relaxed setting with more polite people.

I disagree. The DFW mediots display an appalling lack of ethics and integrity. NY has so much competition whereas here its almost all clear channel trash that I hear regurgitated.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Norm is right on. I think was influenced to rant because the team is disrespecting the media. But in the same token you can see how disgusted Norm is with the team's performance. I am too.

It's clear now that the running game made this team go and without it and special QB play this team is below average. The defense hasn't taken steps forward at all, and the special teams minus Bailey is a shambles. Excellent offense covered deficiencies up to a large degree last year.

I really hope we get a top 5 pick this year because a really good draft would put us in great position to rebound next year. And let's be realistic, this team is going nowhere this year even with Romo. The belief is gone and several players have already checked out.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dont bee so naive, salute boy, Jerra is aparticipant who own the tea.
If youthink odduerwise you just failed 10th grade remedal class in farmers Branch.

Leave your insult out...and your opinion is no more than just that. Stick to cheesecake, maybe.

He has transformed a franchise high on history in a building era, but fragile and broke...to a top franchise in world wide sports. Sorry Charlie, and stay away from Veteran stiffs...

dupree89

Reaction score
I disagree. The DFW mediots display an appalling lack of ethics and integrity. NY has so much competition whereas here its almost all clear channel trash that I hear regurgitated.

I have listened to this Norm guy on occasion. After some games, he would say to callers that call to bash the team...."they dont have their QB, what can you expect". I just think that rant we listened to sounded rehearsed and contrived.

I have heard sports guys in NY ask team officials face to face some questions that I dont think anyone in Texas would ask Jerry or Garrett. I heard mad dog on WFAN while face to face with the GM of the NY Rangers.....
"First question, and this needs to be asked, how can you possibly still have this job?"

LOL I heard Bill Polian hang up on the same guy right after the colts pretty much said they werent interested in playing guys to go undefeated, that rest was more important. The mad dog says "Bill, this is a disgrace. This type of thinking is an embarrassment for the entire NFL..do you know that?" *click* *dial tone*

Could you imagine a member of the press ever standing up in one of Garrett's pressers and ask him....
"Jason, a question that needs to be asked, how can you possibly still have this job?"

I might be wrong, cuz I am not there, but I would be shocked.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So Jerry deserves the blame for a team not being able to win a SINGLE game in two months? Seriously, I don't know how Jason does it. The team can lose seven straight and the locker room can be in total disarray, yet somehow this guy escapes any type of blame from the media. Screw John Gotti, Garrett is the true teflon don.

Well, the GM was part of the process that brought Weeden and Cassel here.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Not a bad rant, but....If this franchise was in an east coast market it would've been much worse. NY, Philly, Boston, Jerry and Jason would be battered and bloodied. They are very lucky they are in a much more relaxed setting with more polite people.
Very true

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett's a puppet coach just like Wade and Campo and Gailey and........

Garrett sucks... Jerry gave him so much freedom it's a joke.

Wade is a football legend in reality and a defensive genius. He on the other hand was made a puppet and a guy to take the blame.

khiladi

Reaction score
And these Garrett homers keep tripping me up..

I thought he revamped the culture and guys like Linehan are his. Suddenly, Jerry is at fault again.

I mean these are the same guys saying it was his influence that made Dallas finally focus on O-line..

Please tell me why Callahan is no longer here if Garrett has no say?

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
There are STILL die hard cowboy fans on this very board who still support Jerry and Jason

Some kinds of blindness you just can't cure

I dont think blind is the right word this season. We had every reason to be optimistic headed into the season and so did Jerry. The only question mark was losing Murray, which was applauded by most. They had a great rookie class coming in, took a gamble on a dynamic pass rusher, and resigned some key players. I do think we would have been having a different conversation had Romo and Bryant not gotten injured but losing key players so quickly and blowing several games late in a row will kill any teams confidence.. We've now learned how important Romo is to this coaching staff

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Leave your insult out...and your opinion is no more than just that. Stick to cheesecake, maybe.

He has transformed a franchise high on history in a building era, but fragile and broke...to a top franchise in world wide sports. Sorry Charlie, and stay away from Veteran stiffs...

I'd trade all of it as a fan for a better win loss record over the past twenty years.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I dont think blind is the right word this season. We had every reason to be optimistic headed into the season and so did Jerry. The only question mark was losing Murray, which was applauded by most. They had a great rookie class coming in, took a gamble on a dynamic pass rusher, and resigned some key players. I do think we would have been having a different conversation had Romo and Bryant not gotten injured but losing key players so quickly and blowing several games late in a row will kill any teams confidence.. We've now learned how important Romo is to this coaching staff

:huh: There was doubt?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
You can offer any number of criticisms of Jerry Jones, and you would probably be right. But he isn't going anywhere. Consequently, it is a matter of finding a coach who can work with Jerry. It isn't easy, but Jimmy Johnson is proof it can be done.